Alarm system opinion - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Audio/Electronics

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2008, 07:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

mrfunktastic It's a JDM Star Bitches....mrfunktastic It's a JDM Star Bitches....mrfunktastic It's a JDM Star Bitches....mrfunktastic It's a JDM Star Bitches....mrfunktastic It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Default Alarm system opinion

ok so i really need some kind of alarm on my car. well not really casue the town i live in isnt bad at all. never eeven heard of a stolen car but i just wanna feel more safe. problem is i am in a huge budget. and i font have power locks. here was my plan....

ebay door lock kit...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Honda-Accord-Civ...QQcmdZViewItem

and basic ebay alarm.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/92-00...spagenameZWDVW

whats your guys opinions on these? i a not after anything spectacular. just for me to be able to lock my doors when i walk away and hopefully a beep if someone tries messing with my shit. i will have many other anti theft devices including a special program burned on my 2 timer chip on a hidden switch that will make it so u can never start the car untill the switch is flipped. this will be going in my 93 civic hatch.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Props on getting it done....but 3-4psi, srsly? That's kind of like having the opportunity to fuck Megan Fox but not being able to get your dick up.
mrfunktastic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2008, 11:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 15 99d15b is a name known to all99d15b is a name known to all99d15b is a name known to all99d15b is a name known to all99d15b is a name known to all99d15b is a name known to all99d15b is a name known to all99d15b is a name known to all99d15b is a name known to all99d15b is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

I can advice you that a good alarm is like a good engine, turb, or suspension setup you pay for wat you get. So don't be cheap when it comes to it. I got a kit install from 1 of the local alarm/stereo shop and with in about a year now the horn is dead and there pager is dead. Spend you moeny wisly.
99d15b is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2008, 12:17 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 13 Candycane04 will become famous soon enoughCandycane04 will become famous soon enoughCandycane04 will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

I got a black widow for 150 installed. Whatever you end up getting turn the sensativity to the highest level possible. Right now if the wind blows hard, it rains hard, someone kicks a tire, a harley or a loud car drives by, or even if it thunders loud my alarm goes off. Thats all fine by me, it can be annoying sometimes but it's worth it. My car got keyed and someone tried to break into it, I bought the alarm and ever since then I haven't had a problem.
Candycane04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2008, 12:27 AM   #4 (permalink)
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread

Rep Power: 45 E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 51 reviews
Send a message via AIM to E. Jeezy Send a message via Yahoo to E. Jeezy

how bad is the crime rate in your local area? how bad is the theft rate?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"I dont like talking to car forum people as much as I used to so now I just stick to the picture threads." ~E. Jeezy

"I should have well over 30k posts but d-series.org doesn't take into account, all the shit that I talk."
~E. Jeezy

"I'm so awesome that I quote myself in my own signature."
~E. Jeezy
E. Jeezy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2008, 06:08 AM   #5 (permalink)

mrfunktastic It's a JDM Star Bitches....mrfunktastic It's a JDM Star Bitches....mrfunktastic It's a JDM Star Bitches....mrfunktastic It's a JDM Star Bitches....mrfunktastic It's a JDM Star Bitches....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94ej2cvc View Post
how bad is the crime rate in your local area? how bad is the theft rate?
virtually nothing. thats why i am not to worried. i have owned the car for a year now and i havent been able to lock the passenger door since i got it lol. ya its been unlocked for a year. so i am not really worried. i more or less want it so if people are watching me they see the alarm get set and know its there. its just a deturant.

Quote:
Props on getting it done....but 3-4psi, srsly? That's kind of like having the opportunity to fuck Megan Fox but not being able to get your dick up.
Old 04-26-2008, 06:56 AM   #6 (permalink)
i save your ass when you wreck

H2Bcivic Still a JDM Star....H2Bcivic Still a JDM Star....H2Bcivic Still a JDM Star....H2Bcivic Still a JDM Star....H2Bcivic Still a JDM Star....H2Bcivic Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 25 reviews
Send a message via AIM to H2Bcivic

what alarm has remote start? i really want that! lol
94 cx hatch: d16z6 same mods with 55 shot [email protected]
94 cx hatch: H2B JDM H22, b16lsd tranny +mods
1/4 - 11.719
MPH - 114.93
94 cx hatch: N/A b18c TBA
02 mustang gt: quick

Nitrous is like a hot girl with an STD... you wanna hit it, but your afraid of the consequences
H2Bcivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2008, 07:10 AM   #7 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

an alarm is only as good as the install.....ive seen cars with vipers and cliffords etc get stolen in front of peoples houses under there window with these known alarms....

if you want it just for noise and deturant hook it up how the directions say.....if want it to protect you from the serial rapist lemme know.....
FeelinKoopish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2008, 07:54 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2Bcivic View Post
tons of alarms come with it. the place i work we sell a system called prostart. its a 2 way alarm system with lcd monitering screen to tell u where your car was touched aswell as built in parking timer, turbo timer, door lock, trunk lock/release.... and a few other things. and obviously car start. its about 200 bucks. i just dont have that kinda cash.

Quote:
Old 04-29-2008, 12:36 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 15 99d15b is a name known to all99d15b is a name known to all99d15b is a name known to all99d15b is a name known to all99d15b is a name known to all99d15b is a name known to all99d15b is a name known to all99d15b is a name known to all99d15b is a name known to all99d15b is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2Bcivic View Post
I have sctek, fetures comes with inside temperature, remote start, kill switch, a pretty kool feature similar to turbo timer but cooler you can kill the car when you want and a pager.
99d15b is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2008, 06:01 AM   #10 (permalink)
FAMILY MEMBER #316

rattmann316 It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 18 reviews
Send a message via AIM to rattmann316

only get something made by DEI or compustar

anything else and you will be disappointed

New Whip: 94 DX Hatch w/ 64k original miles and no power steering.
Xbox Gamertag: Rattmann316
(if you tryin to get moked out in COD4)
rattmann316 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2008, 07:22 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 SilverCoupe is starting to learn the ropesSilverCoupe is starting to learn the ropesSilverCoupe is starting to learn the ropesSilverCoupe is starting to learn the ropesSilverCoupe is starting to learn the ropesSilverCoupe is starting to learn the ropesSilverCoupe is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SilverCoupe

the clifford set ups are quite nice along with the compustar
SilverCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2008, 10:46 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 13 rider5000 will become famous soon enoughrider5000 will become famous soon enoughrider5000 will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 13 reviews

I can't remember what brand mine is, but I have remote start, tilt sensor two shock sensors, two sirens one with a battery in it and it can do alot more to for about 150..

Old -
rider5000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2008, 11:45 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 12 Zor_Primo is starting to learn the ropesZor_Primo is starting to learn the ropesZor_Primo is starting to learn the ropesZor_Primo is starting to learn the ropesZor_Primo is starting to learn the ropesZor_Primo is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to Zor_Primo Send a message via Skype™ to Zor_Primo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelinKoopish View Post
an alarm is only as good as the install.....ive seen cars with vipers and cliffords etc get stolen in front of peoples houses under there window with these known alarms....

if you want it just for noise and deturant hook it up how the directions say.....if want it to protect you from the serial rapist lemme know.....
True Dat! I've seen alarms installed without all the parts (ie shock sensors) Just make sure you test it before you leave the shop if you go that route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rattmann316 View Post
only get something made by DEI or compustar

anything else and you will be disappointed
I agree. I've used nothing but DEI. Vipers are great. I've been using a Viper 500ESP in mine for 10 years still goes off when the wind blows. Combined with my 2 American Bulldogs and the fact that everyone and their momma knows that I have a pistol and know how and will use it keeps my ride safe.

EJ8Squad #435 - CGP v2.0 #19 -

Last edited by Zor_Primo; 05-10-2008 at 11:50 AM.
Zor_Primo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in