Where can I find some good Audio componets? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Audio/Electronics

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2008, 12:29 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 13 89lxcivic is a name known to all89lxcivic is a name known to all89lxcivic is a name known to all89lxcivic is a name known to all89lxcivic is a name known to all89lxcivic is a name known to all89lxcivic is a name known to all89lxcivic is a name known to all89lxcivic is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to 89lxcivic
Default Where can I find some good Audio componets?

yea im lookin for some good sounds and i don't wanna put a 100 pound box in my trunk..where can i find some good sound system for my car..sorry for sloppy writing..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<3 my ED
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
civic sedan
<<PoSt WhOrE:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGC89
is when you show a honda hater the car, they get all defensive and try to tell ME, THE OWNER, that first gen tegs came with the rectangular headlights. you just laugh at them and tell them to go drive off in their kia.
Quote:
Step #1 you already failed.
89lxcivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2008, 12:33 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to n00br0

ebay or your local audio performance shop....no such thing as a "light weight system"

need to make a new sig but lost photoshop anyone know were to get a copy??

Quote:
neon lights are only acceptable when they advertise beer. other than that = Rice a Roni.
Quote:
put the crack pipe down...step away from the computer.

:thehump:
n00br0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2008, 12:37 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 13 89lxcivic is a name known to all89lxcivic is a name known to all89lxcivic is a name known to all89lxcivic is a name known to all89lxcivic is a name known to all89lxcivic is a name known to all89lxcivic is a name known to all89lxcivic is a name known to all89lxcivic is a name known to all

lol..i know but i don't wanna put a heavy ass box in the trunk..i want somthing like stock speakers..you know what i mean..im tryin to explain this..lol..i found one audio store but too much for there stuff..

<3 my ED
civic sedan
<<PoSt WhOrE:

Quote:
is when you show a honda hater the car, they get all defensive and try to tell ME, THE OWNER, that first gen tegs came with the rectangular headlights. you just laugh at them and tell them to go drive off in their kia.
Quote:

Old 04-22-2008, 01:03 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

does anybody have a 89 ef 4dr stock system cause i wanna know how it sound and is it good..i might go to stock..

<3 my ED
civic sedan
<<PoSt WhOrE:

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-22-2008, 01:09 AM   #5 (permalink)

I have a set of Kenwood 12's that are less than a yr old and a MTX 420/2 amp to go with it for sale. All together probably 60 lbs. And the box is small enough to easily get in and out of your car
d-rail is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2008, 01:14 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

where are you located..?..and im just tryin to be nice but you need 65 post to sell,trade or buy on here and im pretty sure that you know that correct?but nice if you were close to me and how much would you sell them for?

<3 my ED
civic sedan
<<PoSt WhOrE:

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-22-2008, 01:51 AM   #7 (permalink)

I'm just hard up for cash so I can finish my car. I live in Seymour, IN. 200for all including wiring
Old 04-22-2008, 01:55 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

damn too far to travle and too far to send..lol...i wish i had the money but the next 200 im geting is to get my car back..lol..long story though..sry man..but where can i get a stock 89'civic audio at?..any idea's?..lmk

<3 my ED
civic sedan
<<PoSt WhOrE:

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-22-2008, 01:57 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 14 Burn0ut_42o smells like BoratBurn0ut_42o smells like BoratBurn0ut_42o smells like BoratBurn0ut_42o smells like BoratBurn0ut_42o smells like Borat

www.Crutchfield.com
www.bestbuy.com
www.circuitcity.com
etc etc etc

if you want stock jus get some alpines, pioneer, or infinity. they sound great for not to much for drop in stock replacements. Personaly stay away from sony, they're cheap for a reason.

Last edited by Burn0ut_42o; 04-22-2008 at 02:00 AM.
Burn0ut_42o is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2008, 01:59 AM   #10 (permalink)

You wanting the deck and everything or just the speakers or what? I'm sure i can find something around here. I'll keep an ear out
Old 04-22-2008, 01:59 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

thanks man for the help..do you know how much it would be if i got it installed by them..?

<3 my ED
civic sedan
<<PoSt WhOrE:

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-22-2008, 02:01 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-rail View Post
You wanting the deck and everything or just the speakers or what? I'm sure i can find something around here. I'll keep an ear out
well ya everything..lol..my deck sucks ass cause one day i put a cd in it and it barelly came out..

<3 my ED
civic sedan
<<PoSt WhOrE:

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-22-2008, 02:06 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 14 Burn0ut_42o smells like BoratBurn0ut_42o smells like BoratBurn0ut_42o smells like BoratBurn0ut_42o smells like BoratBurn0ut_42o smells like Borat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89lxcivic View Post
thanks man for the help..do you know how much it would be if i got it installed by them..?
DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOTlet best buy or ANY place like it install your stereo, they are fucking idiots and probably know less than you.

Best thing i suggest you do is go to crutchfield.com order the shit off there and make sure they send the install instructions.

IF you let them install your stereo you have a 75&#37; chance of it failing within a week and most likely have to take it to mechanic to repair their damage.

i speak from experience. i have fixed over 20 different car stereos installed by Best Buys from all over northern IL. They're all idiots.
Old 04-22-2008, 02:11 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

well thanks..you just saved me 1000's..well i can buy some audio and try to do it my self..just take my time thatz all..

<3 my ED
civic sedan
<<PoSt WhOrE:

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-22-2008, 02:18 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-series lover

swaping stock is easy. jus pay attention to what your doing, do one speaker at a time. its just 4 screws and two wires pretty much

if you do the head unit, you might wanna find a friend thats done one before, or at least have a wiring diagram for your ride handy. You'll need a wire harness and stereo bezel too. Don't use electrical tape either..or wire nuts...crimp that shit, their cheap and easy.
Old 04-22-2008, 02:22 AM   #16 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

i think i should leave it to the pro's huh..?..itz not really stock speakers or deck..

<3 my ED
civic sedan
<<PoSt WhOrE:

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-22-2008, 02:25 AM   #17 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-rail View Post
I have a set of Kenwood 12's that are less than a yr old and a MTX 420/2 amp to go with it for sale. All together probably 60 lbs. And the box is small enough to easily get in and out of your car
read the rules!!

Quote:
neon lights are only acceptable when they advertise beer. other than that = Rice a Roni.
Quote:

Old 04-22-2008, 02:28 AM   #18 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
i think i should leave it to the pro's huh..?..itz not really stock speakers or deck..
a "system" is heavy no matter what you do there is no such thing as a light wieght system...

"." <--

Quote:
Quote:

Old 04-22-2008, 02:29 AM   #19 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

haha..i just told him that..lol..>[but you need 65 post to sell,trade or buy on here and im pretty sure that you know that correct?]

<3 my ED
civic sedan
<<PoSt WhOrE:

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-22-2008, 02:32 AM   #20 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
jus don't goto best buy. this is actually pretty basic stuff, it can sound more scarey than it really is. come on man what ya doing on the car site if your not going to work on your ride? jus mess'n, but this was my frist mod to every car i've ever had to drive on a daily basis since i've been 16 so i've never found it tooo hard. but if it is something you totally feel unsafe with don't fuck your shit up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in