My Hatchback Box Out - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Audio/Electronics

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2008, 02:43 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default My Hatchback Box Out

so im planning on tuning my car into a show car but for my audio system im thinkin of boxing my whole hatch out with 3 12" Infinitys and 2 10" Infinitys with all infinity regualr speakers. just wondering any suggestions on how i should power these like what kind of amp and altenator should i get. im gonna put my drawlin of my plans on later
91CivicHB383 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2008, 03:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
n00b

Send a message via AIM to boomostik Send a message via Yahoo to boomostik

personal opinion, too many subs. and unless you plan on spending about 400-600 per sub you won't get a lot of bass. The infinity subs don't hit as low (htz) as say a fosgate, JL, or even audiobahn. You'll get a lot more for the money with any of those, On the flip side the infinitys make great mid and high range speakers, but still on the high side.

As for the alternator, replace your ac compressor or power steering with a second alternator.

Good luck though.

Peace/\
boomostik is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2008, 03:56 PM   #3 (permalink)

ya i have a 15" fosgate but i didnt want to put 2 of those since i just bought the 3 12" infinitys and kinda wanted to go through with the infinity project but do u think a 170 output altenator would work

Old 04-17-2008, 04:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
It's that time again

Rep Power: 31 EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 55 reviews
Send a message via AIM to EJ1 SCRAPPIN

run 2 batts

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
EJ1 SCRAPPIN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2008, 04:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
It's that time again

Rep Power: 31 EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 55 reviews
Send a message via AIM to EJ1 SCRAPPIN

and get your self hifonics colossus or thor

and blow them suckers!

EJ1 SCRAPPIN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2008, 04:18 PM   #6 (permalink)
I like to mouth off

Rep Power: 12 korre07 is almost a somebodykorre07 is almost a somebodykorre07 is almost a somebodykorre07 is almost a somebody

the best box i've ever seen in a hatch (91 SI) was set down in the spare tire opening... it was one 12" in the center and then three 8" around it in a triangle pattern, they were all Polk MOMO.... he's went through three back windows with this setup and i got a chance to hear it at a sound comp.... it was nice as hell... he ran the 12 off one amp and then the three 8 off another amp.... and they were all cap'd and had filters on them set so the 8's didn't bottom out and the 12 didn't go reaching for those high notes

:haha:built, not bought:haha:

I'm An Asshole..... Deal With It

Last edited by korre07; 04-17-2008 at 04:22 PM.
korre07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2008, 07:16 PM   #7 (permalink)

ya i was thinkin bout puttin mine down there but idk
Old 04-18-2008, 12:51 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 16 blackzc smells like Boratblackzc smells like Boratblackzc smells like Boratblackzc smells like Boratblackzc smells like Boratblackzc smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 37 reviews
Send a message via AIM to blackzc Send a message via MSN to blackzc Send a message via Yahoo to blackzc

hey bro whats up ... i cant spell but bear with me

First i would not mix 10" and 12" diffrent frequincys your sound would be wayyyy off.

15" subs will only produce LOWS just for rap if thats what your looking for thats cool ..
It also has lots to do with the box build...
you could do a second batt or a beefed up alt but do it right the first time
I can get you equipment and a box design specs for what subs you choose to use .. just pm me if intrested
Good luck
Bro
Yahoo messenger k_neighborhoodtrends
AIM kayatnht
blackzc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2008, 01:03 PM   #9 (permalink)
Premium Member

Rep Power: 41 Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Bizzar Send a message via MSN to Bizzar Send a message via Yahoo to Bizzar

sigh...blowin windows out on a single 12 down in the well. I'm done here...

Weird. 2 H2 15's on 3200rms didnt pop my window. It was enough for 3 state records though.

Bizzar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2008, 01:36 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 16 blackzc smells like Boratblackzc smells like Boratblackzc smells like Boratblackzc smells like Boratblackzc smells like Boratblackzc smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 37 reviews
Send a message via AIM to blackzc Send a message via MSN to blackzc Send a message via Yahoo to blackzc

hey Bizzar whats that box tuned at?
Yahoo messenger k_neighborhoodtrends
AIM kayatnht
blackzc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2008, 04:54 PM   #11 (permalink)

here is my basic design but my other 12 is gonna be on the back side of the box facing the back seat
Old 04-18-2008, 05:53 PM   #12 (permalink)
R2.....Zap Balls

Rep Power: 36 vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to vtecduck Send a message via Yahoo to vtecduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizzar View Post

Weird. 2 H2 15's on 3200rms didnt pop my window. It was enough for 3 state records though.

That car got off with that set up, and was fast as hell too
And if it was up to me I'd have Mods ride his unicycle out and kick every single one of these dumbasses in the nuts.
Quote:
congrats to Mr and Mz Duck!
now just keep her safe from the 3 'b's
boys, beer, and b-series.

Do I miss the civic? Not really the car as much as the power it had

1993 E36 civic replacement work in progress:

vtecduck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2008, 11:35 PM   #13 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 99redek is learning the way of the D99redek is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 21 reviews

i dont get it y do u want loud speakers for people dont wanna hear that load base but thats a huge box that too extreeme for me or my car but hope its load
99redek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2008, 12:32 AM   #14 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

Bizzar, note the popping hatch glass was in the 4g HB, not like our 5g's.........

Yeah, you can't seal a 5g HB glass, but you can use the "loose" rear glass as a tuning aid

Likely a 4g ricer tweaked chassis putting weird stress on the glass, allowing it to crack easy.

Bizzar, reflected wave energy from your setup in the pic would be hitting about mid chest
or a little higher, aimed right at the mic

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2008, 07:44 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizzar View Post

what did you meter at?
cody08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2008, 08:45 AM   #16 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 13 junk yard creations is fly like an eaglejunk yard creations is fly like an eaglejunk yard creations is fly like an eaglejunk yard creations is fly like an eaglejunk yard creations is fly like an eaglejunk yard creations is fly like an eaglejunk yard creations is fly like an eaglejunk yard creations is fly like an eaglejunk yard creations is fly like an eaglejunk yard creations is fly like an eaglejunk yard creations is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

all i have to say is

kicker l7 15"

:done:
A
SHIT..... he's got the new Dy78 StrAiGhT from
... I heard that shit's prototype YO!!! He should hook us up w/ the imoprter! 2 stage V-TakkK

junk yard creations is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2008, 07:56 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by junk yard creations View Post
all i have to say is

kicker l7 15"

:done:
Why? why not get something that sounds good and will last?
cody08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2008, 04:31 PM   #18 (permalink)

does nebody know if any antenna can hook up to my honda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in