High output alternator for a CRX? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Audio/Electronics

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2008, 09:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
inh
My sig is longer than yours

inh It's a JDM Star Bitches....inh It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 20 reviews
Default High output alternator for a CRX?

Any recommended places to get one? I didnt see any at Summit =[ I googled for it but all I'm finding is 92-95 Civics, and 96-00 Civics 'without VTEC' (I think they are talking about the Bseries ones though because they mention del sols and Si's) That website was: http://www.4alterstart.com/highoutputalternators/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Earn money for receiving text messaged offers

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
inh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2008, 10:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
gonzo

Rep Power: 0 moozregie is obviously a regularmoozregie is obviously a regularmoozregie is obviously a regularmoozregie is obviously a regularmoozregie is obviously a regularmoozregie is obviously a regularmoozregie is obviously a regularmoozregie is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to moozregie

if alterstart doesn't stock it...they will make it for you...
i contacted them in the past
should be the same price as what they stock too !
moozregie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2008, 10:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
d-series resident crybaby

Rep Power: 14 3rdgenhatchdx is starting to learn the ropes3rdgenhatchdx is starting to learn the ropes3rdgenhatchdx is starting to learn the ropes3rdgenhatchdx is starting to learn the ropes3rdgenhatchdx is starting to learn the ropes3rdgenhatchdx is starting to learn the ropes3rdgenhatchdx is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

I do believe summitracingonline.com has these but they are way too expensive...
3rdgenhatchdx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2008, 04:11 AM   #4 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

ohio generator is another company that either stocks them or can make one. What type of output are you looking for? You can also get your alternator re-round and it will increase the output.
kzoobaggs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2008, 06:23 AM   #5 (permalink)
inh

I need an alternator that can handle a decent stereo (2 x 100 watt door speakers and a 10 inch sub, probably 300 watts) as well as a computer that will probably draw 100 watts, maybe more, and a few other electronics I just want room to grow with it =]

I will probably contact both those companies and see what can be done. Thanks guys

Old 04-16-2008, 12:13 PM   #6 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzoobaggs View Post
ohio generator is another company that either stocks them or can make one. What type of output are you looking for? You can also get your alternator re-round and it will increase the output.
I was about to say Ohio Gen, you should have seen the SPL truck they had.

EIGHT alternators I believe........talk about a LONG belt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2008, 12:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
Resident Crab

Rep Power: 50 krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 32 reviews
Send a message via AIM to krychek57 Send a message via MSN to krychek57 Send a message via Yahoo to krychek57

Wow, the price isn't bad at all $200~400

I might have to give them a call myself

krychek57 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2008, 02:58 PM   #8 (permalink)
The Great Weldini

Rep Power: 32 remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....
remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 54 reviews
Send a message via AIM to remoer Send a message via MSN to remoer Send a message via Yahoo to remoer

chris I bought a 135amp alternator from ebay. I was able to run 1550 rms full audiobahn stereo system in my old ej1. I ran 2 12" subs with 2 sets of 6.5" componets set 3 amp one per sub and one for the componets. but I also had a 1 frap capacitor. that shit was fucking loud as hell. you was able to feel the sub inside the house.

The suspension should always be faster than the engine - BMW

The term stage was created to make mentally slow ppl feel physically fast.

my DOHC ZC - 133.73whp and 108.48wtq (tuned on a Dynojet)
remoer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2008, 05:53 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series lover

if thats all you plan on running you could probably get by with a good battery. Kinetic makes a damn good one. Their 800 battery is what I use in mine and I have about 2000 watts rms between the two amps and it does ok, but ill eventually get a second battery and possibly an alternator.
cody08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2008, 05:54 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series lover

and when you comin back?
cody08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2008, 06:03 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 16 daveb91 is almost a somebodydaveb91 is almost a somebodydaveb91 is almost a somebodydaveb91 is almost a somebody
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to daveb91

The last CRX I saw with a big stereo 4 RF 18"s had a high output GM 1 wire alternator under the hood....

daveb91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2008, 09:50 PM   #12 (permalink)
inh

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody08 View Post
if thats all you plan on running you could probably get by with a good battery. Kinetic makes a damn good one. Their 800 battery is what I use in mine and I have about 2000 watts rms between the two amps and it does ok, but ill eventually get a second battery and possibly an alternator.
I'll probably go with a decent optima or something, because I know i'll want to sit there and play with my toys while the car is off. Probably get a... red top? Or yellow, whichever is the deep cycle... But the alternator is a good idea regardless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody08 View Post
and when you comin back?
Soon man, soon. Should be in KS on the 20th. Glad to see you're still hanging around

Old 04-17-2008, 08:57 AM   #13 (permalink)
Resident Crab

Rep Power: 50 krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 32 reviews
Send a message via AIM to krychek57 Send a message via MSN to krychek57 Send a message via Yahoo to krychek57

Quote:
Originally Posted by remoer View Post
chris I bought a 135amp alternator from ebay. I was able to run 1550 rms full audiobahn stereo system in my old ej1. I ran 2 12" subs with 2 sets of 6.5" components set 3 amp one per sub and one for the components. but I also had a 1 frap capacitor. that shit was fucking loud as hell. you was able to feel the sub inside the house.
I will need to do this. Thanks man.

krychek57 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2008, 01:35 PM   #14 (permalink)
The Great Weldini

remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....
Send a message via AIM to remoer Send a message via MSN to remoer Send a message via Yahoo to remoer

Quote:
Originally Posted by krychek57 View Post
I will need to do this. Thanks man.
no problem. but when I put mine together it took abit cause I match everything to work. in the sense of I wasn't going for SPL or stage sound more of a well round surround sound so that I got a very full sound. now if I was you both of chris I would go with a stage sound. a componet set in the front with a 10" sub. thanks that setup to duck who force fed me that set up till I heard it in his car and I like.

Old 04-17-2008, 01:41 PM   #15 (permalink)
inh

Eclipse components in the front, and some kinda 300 or 350 watt 10" sub in the back is my plan

Old 04-17-2008, 02:22 PM   #16 (permalink)
The Great Weldini

Quote:
Originally Posted by inh View Post
Eclipse components in the front, and some kinda 300 or 350 watt 10" sub in the back is my plan
very nice but now have you determind what amps you're going with. the simple fact is you don't want to under power you subs but not over power them either. my subs were 500watts rms and my amps were 550watts rms. I ran my amps at 80% but around 20-25htz in a seal box which gave me a crispy bass and not sloppy. cause once you start dipping under that all you're doing is pushing air and can't hear it. but I will state this a tune vent ported box does sound good too. but it's a perfrence. the good thing about a ported box is you can have a small sub but it sounds big.

Old 04-17-2008, 07:10 PM   #17 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

some of us can hear below 20 Hz. I do mean hear and not just feel. I tested down to 16 Hz by David Navarone. Now the higher freqs is where my hearing is shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2008, 07:11 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

iTrader Score: 3 reviews

I believe a B-series alt is 80 amp. you just have to fab a new upper bracket to fit it. I put a D alt on my 90 DX with Ls swap when the B alt died. I just made a new bracket and presto. It should work for what you need. just get a good belt since the B has 4-rib and you have to run a 3-rib on the D.
cvic90 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2008, 01:52 PM   #19 (permalink)
The Great Weldini

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex View Post
some of us can hear below 20 Hz. I do mean hear and not just feel. I tested down to 16 Hz by David Navarone. Now the higher freqs is where my hearing is shot.
yeah the bitches. lol.

it's so true on the hi freqs. I will state that when I tune I get a really good classical music cd. when the to the hi. I only do it in small doses cause your ears get numb when they get hit for to long. eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Old 04-27-2008, 07:01 PM   #20 (permalink)
10 second daily driver :)

Boosted91 Still a JDM Star....Boosted91 Still a JDM Star....Boosted91 Still a JDM Star....Boosted91 Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 24 reviews

most local rebuild shops can put higher out put regulator in your alt for you.
10.7 @ 137.97
1990 CRX Si D16Z6 305/265 @ 22 PSI (SOLD)
11.6 @ 118
Boosted91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in