Anyone familiar with HIFONICS amps? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Audio/Electronics

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2008, 07:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 14 4gExpress will become famous soon enough4gExpress will become famous soon enough4gExpress will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 4gExpress
Default Anyone familiar with HIFONICS amps?

Hey guys, I just received my Kicker 15 inch L7 and I'm looking for the right amp to run it. It's a 2 ohm sub so I have to run either a 1 or 4 ohm amp load. Hifonics makes a cheap 1 Ohm stable amp.. Just wondering how reputable they are.

Thanks.
4gExpress is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2008, 08:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 15 99ctrhatch is a name known to all99ctrhatch is a name known to all99ctrhatch is a name known to all99ctrhatch is a name known to all99ctrhatch is a name known to all99ctrhatch is a name known to all99ctrhatch is a name known to all99ctrhatch is a name known to all99ctrhatch is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 99ctrhatch Send a message via MSN to 99ctrhatch

hifonics are a top dog in sound competitions. only thing is that the amps pull alot of power. i would go for it though

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
99ctrhatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2008, 08:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 14 4gExpress will become famous soon enough4gExpress will become famous soon enough4gExpress will become famous soon enough

Sweeeet, thanks a lot man.

Old 02-16-2008, 12:11 AM   #4 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

HiFonics have always been power hogs........because they put it out!

Colosus

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.

Last edited by transzex; 02-16-2008 at 12:39 AM.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2008, 12:19 AM   #5 (permalink)
It's that time again

Rep Power: 31 EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 55 reviews
Send a message via AIM to EJ1 SCRAPPIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex View Post
HiFonics and always been power hogs........because they put it out!

Colosus
they're def. some hogs!
i'd get one!

EJ1 SCRAPPIN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2008, 04:11 PM   #6 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

i would run it at 4 ohms and get a large 2 channel amp. By doing this you are not running a power hungry mono block that is running at 1 ohm.
kzoobaggs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2008, 04:34 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzoobaggs View Post
i would run it at 4 ohms and get a large 2 channel amp. By doing this you are not running a power hungry mono block that is running at 1 ohm.
Maybe thats a good idea... I never thought about running it at 4 ohms.. I'll start looking at some 2 channels then.

Thanks!
Old 02-16-2008, 04:39 PM   #8 (permalink)
Live,love,laugh,be real

Rep Power: 39 4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 20 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ctrhatch View Post
hifonics are a top dog in sound competitions. only thing is that the amps pull alot of power. i would go for it though
no!!!

they used to be, now they arent shit...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzoobaggs View Post
2ohm is king... $0.02

R.I.P. my mom - I miss you
10/3/1945-6/16/2007

R.I.P. - MiloReaper & Pat Primmer

96' CE1 Lx - Wags

04' Pilot EXL - Black Pile - Love it

is your friend, try it

[youtube ][ /youtube]

4Door is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2008, 04:55 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series soldier

2ohm is king... $0.02[/QUOTE]

Wish I could run 2 Ohm. The sub is 2 Ohm... I can only run 1 or 4 Ohm.
Old 02-16-2008, 05:19 PM   #10 (permalink)
Live,love,laugh,be real

Rep Power: 39 4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4gExpress View Post
2ohm is king... $0.02
Wish I could run 2 Ohm. The sub is 2 Ohm... I can only run 1 or 4 Ohm.[/quote]

i had two dual 2ohm W3 15'', if you run them in series it will stay 2 ohm...

10/3/1945-6/16/2007

96' CE1 Lx - Wags

is your friend, try it

[youtube ][ /youtube]

Old 02-16-2008, 07:41 PM   #11 (permalink)
R2.....Zap Balls

Rep Power: 36 vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to vtecduck Send a message via Yahoo to vtecduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Door Life View Post
i had two dual 2ohm W3 15'', if you run them in series it will stay 2 ohm...
But that's 2 subs, he's only running one dual voice coil sub with 2 ohm coils. He can either do 1 ohm or 4 ohm.
And if it was up to me I'd have Mods ride his unicycle out and kick every single one of these dumbasses in the nuts.
Quote:
congrats to Mr and Mz Duck!
now just keep her safe from the 3 'b's
boys, beer, and b-series.

Do I miss the civic? Not really the car as much as the power it had

1993 E36 civic replacement work in progress:

vtecduck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2008, 08:12 PM   #12 (permalink)
Live,love,laugh,be real

i gave BAD info so i deleted it before it could be used...

my fault for that one...

10/3/1945-6/16/2007

96' CE1 Lx - Wags

is your friend, try it

[youtube ][ /youtube]

Last edited by 4Door; 02-17-2008 at 12:55 AM.
Old 02-16-2008, 11:41 PM   #13 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Door Life View Post
this is still incorrect...

i have the same set up right now...

sorry, your wrong

Duck is right.

2 seperate channels running a dual voice coil sub is a BAD idea. Both channels will NOT be in sync and there fore WASTING energy fighting each other.

DVC subs only came around because of "cheater amps"

Ask Bizzar (think he's the SPL guru here) about this. I believe he's used a few HiFonics amps as well

Quote:
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
Old 02-16-2008, 11:47 PM   #14 (permalink)
Let's Go Oakland!

Psychoblue23 Still a JDM Star....Psychoblue23 Still a JDM Star....Psychoblue23 Still a JDM Star....Psychoblue23 Still a JDM Star....Psychoblue23 Still a JDM Star....Psychoblue23 Still a JDM Star....Psychoblue23 Still a JDM Star....Psychoblue23 Still a JDM Star....Psychoblue23 Still a JDM Star....Psychoblue23 Still a JDM Star....Psychoblue23 Still a JDM Star....Psychoblue23 Still a JDM Star....Psychoblue23 Still a JDM Star....Psychoblue23 Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Psychoblue23

I don't know anything about car stereo but my brother in law just bought a hiFonix home stereo surround system and its clear as day.. he loves them

- Current Daily

- Family Car

Last edited by Psychoblue23; 02-17-2008 at 12:30 AM.
Psychoblue23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2008, 12:16 AM   #15 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

does it have a light to grow "weeds" with?

Quote:
Old 02-17-2008, 12:27 AM   #16 (permalink)
Live,love,laugh,be real

im not wrong Bone, not this time...

hold on...

*edit*okay... im wrong... what else is new... i need to pull my sub and see how i wired it, this MAYBE a good thing...

10/3/1945-6/16/2007

96' CE1 Lx - Wags

is your friend, try it

[youtube ][ /youtube]

Last edited by 4Door; 02-17-2008 at 12:33 AM.
Old 02-17-2008, 12:54 AM   #17 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

but he has a dual 2 ohm ohm sub from what I've read, 1 ohm if in parallel, 4 ohm if in series.

The pic to the left, duel 4 ohm setup, might as well wire in series then bridge a two channel amp, same wattage output, less crosstalk.

Quote:
Old 02-17-2008, 01:00 AM   #18 (permalink)
Live,love,laugh,be real

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex View Post
but he has a dual 2 ohm ohm sub from what I've read, 1 ohm if in parallel, 4 ohm if in series.
i know, the principle is the same tho...

10/3/1945-6/16/2007

96' CE1 Lx - Wags

is your friend, try it

[youtube ][ /youtube]

Old 02-17-2008, 07:45 AM   #19 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Yea, I have a dual 2 Ohm sub. Still looking for the right amp. The Hifonics looks alright and stable at 1 Ohm. Finding a Monoblock Class D with 1000 watts RMS at 4 Ohms is near impossible unless I want to spend an arm and a leg... So 1 Ohm it is.
Old 02-17-2008, 04:43 PM   #20 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

that is why you find a 2 channel amp, i bet you if you find one that has the same power rating as the 1 ohm stable mono block. the two channel will be cheaper.
kzoobaggs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in