AUX Input? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Audio/Electronics

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2008, 12:28 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default AUX Input?

My 95 LX has the factory stereo with CD and cassette player. My iPod worked fine through the use of a cassette adapter, but my adapter doesn't work well with my iPhone. My iphone causes that annoying interference sound to play through the stereo, my local Apple store told me that I should upgrade my radio? An other alternative is shielding the radio and speakers and using Monsters new (shielded) cassette adapter.

Has anyone ever modded in an AUX input into their factory stereo? Crutchfield has an ipod adapter that plugs into the stereo where the CD player goes, anyone ever used one of these?

I'm thinking that it might be easier to shield the speakers and buy a new head unit with RCA or AUX input capabilities.
eagerinsight is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2008, 10:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 13 PianoMan smells like BoratPianoMan smells like BoratPianoMan smells like BoratPianoMan smells like BoratPianoMan smells like BoratPianoMan smells like Borat

I'd go with a new HU. If you don't listen to CD's, the Alpine iDA-X001's a good unit (I've got one). New models out, though: iDA-X100, -X200, and -X300.

I try to never use cassette adapters - get rid of the factory HU ASAP!
Eibach Pro-System Plus (Springs, Dampers, and Anti-Roll Kit)

Buying, when I gets $$$ and time to put in: 8psi pulley from ASP Racing.
PianoMan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2008, 05:31 PM   #3 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

i would definately buy an aftermarket HU. you can buy one for relatively cheap and get it with ipod integration.
kzoobaggs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2008, 08:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 14 Sundown will become famous soon enoughSundown will become famous soon enoughSundown will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

There are adapters you can get that use the factory units, but they're like 70 bucks..
Sundown is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2008, 09:12 PM   #5 (permalink)

I had the exact same problem with my cars stereo aswell. I found that there seems to be an ok, better and a best scenario. (keep in mind I had an upgraded HU with an aux input i was just lazy at the time to plug it in)

ok- Fm transmitter- works if you stay away from other fm transmitters and radio stations

better- cassette plug in/plug in for stock HU- works alright not the best of quallity

best- new HU, really to sum this up it gives you a direct built in link to supply music from an external source, and being a new unit will give some more "tuning" capability to speakers old and new past the abilities of the stock unit (as the stock unit it was built to handle oem sources and in its own perameters, a new HU will amplify the perameters giving best quallity sound the speakers can handle rather then the HU)
jestor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2008, 08:19 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 13 IanB will become famous soon enoughIanB will become famous soon enoughIanB will become famous soon enough

I picked up an AUX adapter & RCA - minijack setup for my wife's '98 to use her MP3 player on, works great, cost about $50. I'm not sure what kind of adapter you need for an Ipod though, hers works off the headphone jack.

'05 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited Wagon (winter beater/wife's car)

'98 1.6EL Sport A4 SOLD

'98 1.6EL Sport 5M Y7/Y8 mini me SOLD
IanB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2008, 12:33 PM   #7 (permalink)
FAMILY MEMBER #316

rattmann316 It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 18 reviews
Send a message via AIM to rattmann316

if you must keep the factory deck:

http://www.peripheralelectronics.com...rProductID=313

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

New Whip: 94 DX Hatch w/ 64k original miles and no power steering.
Xbox Gamertag: Rattmann316
(if you tryin to get moked out in COD4)
rattmann316 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2008, 12:39 PM   #8 (permalink)
Worst Mechanic Ever!

Haysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcano

Get a new head unit. You will have better sounds overall and you can either get one with RCA inputs or iPod integration.

I have a Pioneer head unit and I had to buy a little adaptor that plugs into the cd-changer hookup and gives me RCA input. Works great for my iPod, don't know about iPhones though. good luck!
Haysoos is my hero
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Quote:
i make girls cry..and it gives me wood.
95 Civic Ex w/ d16z6
Exedy 11lb flywheel, Exedy Stg 1 clutch
OBX LSD (Installed by Transzex)
KYB AGX, Eibach sportlines
ES master kit

Did D-series help you?
Help D-series,

Haysoos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2008, 09:00 PM   #9 (permalink)
"Wild Bush Appeared!"

GohanBurner is almost there....GohanBurner is almost there....GohanBurner is almost there....GohanBurner is almost there....GohanBurner is almost there....GohanBurner is almost there....GohanBurner is almost there....GohanBurner is almost there....
iTrader Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GohanBurner

Get a head unit with an auxillary input and use it that way. You will need to by a short cable for about $2 that has 2 male connections on each end also. Sound quality is Mp3 and about 100% better than CDs.

GohanBurner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2008, 10:19 PM   #10 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 17 green_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haysoos View Post
Get a new head unit. You will have better sounds overall and you can either get one with RCA inputs or iPod integration.

I have a Pioneer head unit and I had to buy a little adaptor that plugs into the cd-changer hookup and gives me RCA input. Works great for my iPod, don't know about iPhones though. good luck!
I give a to the RB-10 as well... I run my old palm pilot through it. Works with anything that you can adapt RCA cables to (like a headphone jack).

Unfortunately 128 mb only holds so much music!

It would be more convenient for a cheap HU with the aux input on the face tho.

If you have a high-end new pioneer radio, there's a box from Pioneer that goes between the IP-BUS on the back (changer control) and the iPod. It lets you put the iPod in the glove box. The iPod turns on and off with the radio, charges the iPod as you play it, and lets you change tracks from the radio. Only works with the iPod tho since it's through the digital connection on the bottom of the unit.

A powered FM modulator (wired-in) doesn't sound bad on a factory stereo, if you can find one. They're rare.
green_hornet_96 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2008, 06:44 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 2 reviews

the new sony 420IP has a built in ipod cable that charges the ipod and controls through the head unit... and a 2 year warrenty.
cody08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2008, 07:54 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 14 4gExpress will become famous soon enough4gExpress will become famous soon enough4gExpress will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 4gExpress

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody08 View Post
the new sony 420IP has a built in ipod cable that charges the ipod and controls through the head unit... and a 2 year warrenty.
There are many HU's like this one. They let you put your Ipod in your glovebox, for security, and control everything through the radio. I own the Alpine CDA 9885 and bought the 9883 for my wife. These radios are very good. It's awesome not having to touch my Ipod but still access my music.
4gExpress is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2011, 08:31 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series lover

This is awesome.. I plan to put in a stock tape player in my EF hatch but wondered about there being an auxilary connection that could be modded in for an mp3. This should work really well.. I hope I can find one for an EF tape player
JOHNNYEF9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2011, 12:28 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series lover

Check the wiring diagrams. When stock HU have a plug on the back for the factory cd player you can sometimes wire in a aux port into that plug
ludeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2011, 01:19 PM   #15 (permalink)
endo_bobo

Rep Power: 38 sir_bobos is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sir_bobos is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sir_bobos is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
sir_bobos is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sir_bobos is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sir_bobos is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via MSN to sir_bobos

Don't buy into their Monstar super duper shielded extra Teflon coated cables. Wire is wire. If you get one get one with a USB port and that will let you use your mp3 device while charging it which is really handy.
Old 10-30-2011, 04:13 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 10 v4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to all

for less than $100 you can have a head unit that will control the ipod/iphone, or in some cases even do it through bluetooth. for more hassle and near the same amount of money you can integrate it all in to the pile of crap head unit you got that is 16 years old.
v4lu3s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2011, 04:27 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 11 Save/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagle

Keeping stock and paying 70 plus for any "adapter"? Fuck that. Why? I mean really? JVC has been stepping up their game in the head unit world. Check

The backlights for screen and left side can be set to just about any shade of any color as well. Id rather color coordinate my interior than have a stock radio and a sweet adapter.

Only paid $150 dollops for this unit as well.
Build me a sandwich.
But if we are talking about motors then listen to these other guys
91 Cubic Inches of Muscle!
Save/Sohc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2011, 07:04 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series lover

I would just like to have the original radio because having an all original interior is what im wanting so having a fancy stereo stands out.. But dont get me wrong that music is a huge part of an everyday drive not that engine sounds are enough.. But if I can integrate an OEM radio with aux input and some upgraded speakers so I can be in stealth mode.. But if I cant definently will go with an aftermarket hu with integrated aux and usb. Might just paint the hu black
Old 10-30-2011, 07:13 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 11 Save/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagle

So what kind of aftermarket speakers you going to be pairing with all that oem stereo power?
Build me a sandwich.
But if we are talking about motors then listen to these other guys
91 Cubic Inches of Muscle!
Save/Sohc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2011, 09:02 PM   #20 (permalink)
D-series lover

Just some decent ones that arent oem torn up ones lol..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in