98 Coupe rear speakers removal - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Audio/Electronics

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2008, 08:16 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Question 98 Coupe rear speakers removal

Hey guys, I'm trying to find out exactly how to replace the old busted speakers with some new ones without removing all the panels. See, it's for the GF and she's REAL picky about people touching her car. It seems like the rear covers can be pried up but not sure. How do yall get the rear speakers out?
clubEF9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2008, 09:22 AM   #2 (permalink)
It's that time again

Rep Power: 31 EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 55 reviews
Send a message via AIM to EJ1 SCRAPPIN

pop the side piler covers off or out of the way unblot the tree child car seat bolts on the cover fold the seats down and pop off the rear shelf cover (it will just pop off with a lil prying).then unscrew the 4 screws to the speaker and unclip them from the factory harness,and there out!

let me know it i missed any thing?
dont think i did though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by EJ1 SCRAPPIN; 01-29-2008 at 09:25 AM.
EJ1 SCRAPPIN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2008, 09:53 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

shocker911 is about to kiss the skyshocker911 is about to kiss the skyshocker911 is about to kiss the skyshocker911 is about to kiss the skyshocker911 is about to kiss the skyshocker911 is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 21 reviews
Send a message via AIM to shocker911

god i hate doing rear speakers in the car. DONT pry the speaker covers they dont come off i tryed that and had to get a new rear deck.

1 remove folding seats
2 remove the brackets on the side they hold the side plastics in
3 remove side plastics
4 give a firm tug on rear deck will slide out (when putting deck back on make sure you have seat belts in the little holder things)
5 remove bad speakers
5 install new hotness
6 then replace everything (or say the hell with it and dont put them back in)
7 have a beer if of age

when i put mine in i was reading the directions about how to put them into the back and it said remove seat i said "what the fuck....its speakers and i have to remove seats son of a bitch" its just a big pain in the ass to do the rear deck speakers

add to the list

Last edited by shocker911; 01-29-2008 at 10:03 AM.
shocker911 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2008, 11:10 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series lover

****! I gotta go thru all that just to replace speakers?! I WILL be having an ice cold Corona after that mess! lol. Thanks guys!
Old 01-29-2008, 11:15 AM   #5 (permalink)
It's that time again

Rep Power: 31 EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

you dont have to remove the rear seat you just got to fold it!

Old 01-29-2008, 11:16 AM   #6 (permalink)
1.8 nawz powa

Rep Power: 38 Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 58 reviews

youll have to pull the back deck off. Im not sure if you have to pull the side penals off, but once you get the deck off its a piece of cake.
Old 01-29-2008, 11:28 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series lover

Still seems like too much work :noway:, lol. So I just pull on that deck and it comes out? Is there tabs to break on it or something?
Old 01-29-2008, 11:32 AM   #8 (permalink)
It's that time again

no but theres clips that hold it down to the rear deck its real ez like i said before pop off the piler panels move them out of the way fold the seat down and unbolt the tree "baby" seat restraint bolts and pop up the panel and there you go! souldn't take more then 30min. with speaker install and assembly.

Old 01-29-2008, 11:35 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series lover

Cool, thanks guys :bravo:. I'll get them swapped this weekend!
Old 01-29-2008, 11:39 AM   #10 (permalink)
It's that time again

have fun n drink a couple......after!

Old 01-29-2008, 11:52 AM   #11 (permalink)
FAMILY MEMBER #316

rattmann316 It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 18 reviews
Send a message via AIM to rattmann316

or you can lay in the trunk and drill out the screw locations. theres enough room to push speakers up and out holes. then just bottom mount the new ones. ghetto but quick when you have 7 more cars that have to get worked on.

New Whip: 94 DX Hatch w/ 64k original miles and no power steering.
Xbox Gamertag: Rattmann316
(if you tryin to get moked out in COD4)
rattmann316 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2008, 01:07 PM   #12 (permalink)
1.8 nawz powa

Rep Power: 38 Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 58 reviews

^^ you could but I would rather do it right the first time haha. Hence my pic on the side of this comment haha
Old 02-03-2008, 02:49 PM   #13 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Koots is almost there....Koots is almost there....Koots is almost there....Koots is almost there....Koots is almost there....Koots is almost there....Koots is almost there....Koots is almost there....
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

It really isn't that hard to take the deck cover off, just don't forget to unplug the 3rd brake light bulb and follow the rest of the directions. I ran into the job headfirst with very little knowledge of doing it with a civic. Took me all of 1/2 hour to take everything out and get the new speakers in. Usually i am viciously slow with wiring and stuff but this is not that hard.

SOLD

...Gone back to the Chevy world again, but i'll be back behind the seat of a Honda again someday
Koots is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in