Blinkers? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Audio/Electronics

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2008, 07:18 AM   #1 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 98BlkCivic is learning the way of the D98BlkCivic is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Default Blinkers?

Ok, I have this problem with my blinker when I turn it on. No matter if its left/right, the lights don't come on, on the dash, and it makes this fast clicking noise. It will "sometimes" work, very rarely but it will. So for now I don't have them, and of course its rather illegal to not let ppl know which way i'm going, not that its any of their damn business, but whatever.

So any ideas?

Oh I will say this, and i'm assuming this may be the cause, but one day I hot really pissed at my cd player and hit it back into the dash. Shortly after that the problem started to happen......
98BlkCivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2008, 04:05 PM   #2 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 98BlkCivic is learning the way of the D98BlkCivic is learning the way of the D

I guess this is like hunting in the dark. I could have shot almost anything.

That would mean the problem could be a few things?
Old 01-23-2008, 04:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
R2.....Zap Balls

Rep Power: 36 vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to vtecduck Send a message via Yahoo to vtecduck

do your hazards work when you press the button?
And if it was up to me I'd have Mods ride his unicycle out and kick every single one of these dumbasses in the nuts.
Quote:
congrats to Mr and Mz Duck!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
now just keep her safe from the 3 'b's
boys, beer, and b-series.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Do I miss the civic? Not really the car as much as the power it had

1993 E36 civic replacement work in progress:

vtecduck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2008, 07:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
Resident Crab

Rep Power: 50 krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 32 reviews
Send a message via AIM to krychek57 Send a message via MSN to krychek57 Send a message via Yahoo to krychek57

They are out of fluid.
krychek57 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2008, 07:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 43 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by krychek57 View Post
They are out of fluid.
:slap: :slap: :slap:
MyblkVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2008, 07:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 12 calebc smells like Boratcalebc smells like Boratcalebc smells like Boratcalebc smells like Boratcalebc smells like Boratcalebc smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

Not a fan of the fluid comment^^, it was distasteful without offering some real advice as well...

Have you since pulled the radio out from the dash and looked behind it with a light? And are you sure all the bulbs work? I'm not saying that they all went bad, but are you sure every one of them works? Usually the fast blink is due to at least one light being dead, and I'm sure in this case it's because there is absolutely no load on the circuit. Do you hear it clicking 2x faster or closer to 3 or 4x faster than it should?
And do answer that hazards question above.

Gamertag: SmallBug

calebc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2008, 11:50 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 14 4speedpride  is slowly gaining respect4speedpride  is slowly gaining respect4speedpride  is slowly gaining respect4speedpride  is slowly gaining respect4speedpride  is slowly gaining respect
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 4speedpride

Quote:
Originally Posted by krychek57 View Post
They are out of fluid.
bwahahahaha

*1990 EX 4dr*
B18C1 w/ CTR pistons, B16 head, skunk2 valve springs, crower stage 3 cams and CBR1000 Throttle bodies

*1993 LX 4dr*
H23A1, QSD H2B kit, GSR trans, log mani, HX35, 27x7x2.5 FMIC, 2.25" ic piping

My ride thread:

:bravo:
4speedpride is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2008, 08:28 AM   #8 (permalink)

I haven't tried the hazards yet. I haven't driven it since it started to smoke.

But as far as the blinking, it about 3-4x's faster then it should be. All of my bulbs work. I've checked them, that was were I started first.

I will pull the cd player out and take a look behind it, to see if I see anything unusual.

And the blinker fluid comment was just retarded, but thanks for the imput.
Old 01-24-2008, 08:36 AM   #9 (permalink)
It's that time again

Rep Power: 31 EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 55 reviews
Send a message via AIM to EJ1 SCRAPPIN

check hazards and you should also check all your blinker bulbs and make sure they're good

EJ1 SCRAPPIN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2008, 08:37 AM   #10 (permalink)

I've checked the bulbs...will check the hazards once I get home today.
Old 01-24-2008, 02:40 PM   #11 (permalink)
Resident Crab

Rep Power: 50 krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 32 reviews
Send a message via AIM to krychek57 Send a message via MSN to krychek57 Send a message via Yahoo to krychek57

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98BlkCivic View Post

And the blinker fluid comment was just retarded, but thanks for the imput.
Get a fucking sense of humor :slap:
krychek57 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2008, 03:44 PM   #12 (permalink)

I have a great sense of humor, and I love long walks on the beach, sunsets, and riding horses...

So :stfu:

Seriously man, it wasn't needed. I'm not the only one who thought that also. All I wanted was some feedback on my problem, not a comedian.

There's a time and place for everything, and this wasn't the time for that comment.

But again, thanks.:bravo:
Old 01-24-2008, 03:58 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 12 calebc smells like Boratcalebc smells like Boratcalebc smells like Boratcalebc smells like Boratcalebc smells like Boratcalebc smells like Borat

Language Language Language!
Ladies, relax!
98, the issue had already been addressed (I thought the comment would have been quite funny if accompanied by reasonable advice, it WAS clever).
By the time you made a comment about it, you were just starting strife again. Learn to absorb strife rather than shooting it back. You will reduce the stress to be had by everyone, trust me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98BlkCivic View Post
I haven't tried the hazards yet. I haven't driven it since it started to smoke.
Since WHAT started to smoke? You didn't mention any smoking before. Is this an electrical smoking or engine smoking?

You haven't been blowing any fuses have you? Let me know when you've checked behind the radio.

Old 01-25-2008, 04:39 AM   #14 (permalink)

The smoke i'm talking about is the smoke white smoke coming from the exhaust. Its in another thread in the noob section...think HG may be blown.

I haven't messed with the car since then, which was Tuesday I believe.

Sorry I should have been a little more specific.
Old 01-25-2008, 08:09 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 SterioFreak will become famous soon enoughSterioFreak will become famous soon enoughSterioFreak will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SterioFreak

If you hit the radio back you could have hit a wire in the dash to the inside dash lights, causing more power to go to the bulbs, hence the faster flashing. I would take the radio out and look behind it at the wires.
SterioFreak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2008, 10:05 AM   #16 (permalink)

Thanks, will do once it returns from the shop.

And again thanks to all that have help.
Old 01-29-2008, 01:57 PM   #17 (permalink)

I removed the cd player, and fooled around with some wires behind it, and didn't really do anything but pull some downward, and then my blinkers are now working. So I'm assuming the wires might have been touching something within the top of the dash that it shouldn't. Oh well, fixed now.

Again thanks for all your help.
Old 01-29-2008, 02:35 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series lover

Uh, if that's the case, you need to get back there with electrical tape and tape up the bad wire(s). You NEED to get back there and tape up the bad wire(s). This is a fairly low amperage circuit, but you can definitely cause a fire. It should blow the fuse before it would start a fire, but you need to fix it. It's a real problem that most people take too lightly.

And if you sell the car without fixing it or informing the buyer you're being less than honorable. If I ever knew that someone did that and sold me the car w/o fixing or telling me about it so that I can fix it, I'd be PO'd.

Take care of it. It's not worth burning down the whole car, and I assure you, if it does catch fire, there's no way you can get back there fast enough or disconnect the battery fast enough to stop the fire. Once it starts, the car is gone. Not worth it not worth it not worth it. Find the wire and tape it. Spend an hour under the dash/radio/HVACcontrol area and fix your problem.

Old 01-30-2008, 10:06 AM   #19 (permalink)

Thanks for the advice, and I had done that when I was messing with them. All taped and secure now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in