Climate Control Lights? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Audio/Electronics

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2008, 05:51 PM   #1 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 98BlkCivic is learning the way of the D98BlkCivic is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Default Climate Control Lights?

On my climate control, the lights tend to only come on after I slam the temp setting alway the way up or down. I'm assuming its either a short, loose wire, or loose bulbs?

Sound about right?
98BlkCivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2008, 05:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
R2.....Zap Balls

Rep Power: 36 vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to vtecduck Send a message via Yahoo to vtecduck

Bulbs are going out, time to replace them
And if it was up to me I'd have Mods ride his unicycle out and kick every single one of these dumbasses in the nuts.
Quote:
congrats to Mr and Mz Duck!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
now just keep her safe from the 3 'b's
boys, beer, and b-series.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Do I miss the civic? Not really the car as much as the power it had

1993 E36 civic replacement work in progress:

vtecduck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2008, 06:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 15 v-tecivic is a name known to allv-tecivic is a name known to allv-tecivic is a name known to allv-tecivic is a name known to allv-tecivic is a name known to allv-tecivic is a name known to allv-tecivic is a name known to allv-tecivic is a name known to allv-tecivic is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to v-tecivic

mine are doing the same thing from one of the bulbs being loose
v-tecivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2008, 06:03 PM   #4 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 98BlkCivic is learning the way of the D98BlkCivic is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-tecivic View Post
mine are doing the same thing from one of the bulbs being loose
Thanks. I'll take it apart and take a look tomorrow, and I will see if they are going out.
98BlkCivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2008, 12:06 PM   #5 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

dont mean to thread jack but how do you take the panel off? 95 civic 4 door, my lights dont come on at all
invader_zim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2008, 02:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 14 crazyxzer0 is starting to learn the ropescrazyxzer0 is starting to learn the ropescrazyxzer0 is starting to learn the ropescrazyxzer0 is starting to learn the ropescrazyxzer0 is starting to learn the ropescrazyxzer0 is starting to learn the ropes
Send a message via AIM to crazyxzer0 Send a message via MSN to crazyxzer0

you have to remove the center console on the bottom. From tehre you can see there are 3 screws holding the climate control. You need to also unplug a large harness connector and a small grey one. The heater cable also needs to be undone. Once you get that out, you can get the climate control out and take the face plate off.

crazyxzer0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2008, 03:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 12 calebc smells like Boratcalebc smells like Boratcalebc smells like Boratcalebc smells like Boratcalebc smells like Boratcalebc smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

Yeah, that was a pain to do all that. Some of those angles...and if you don't have a stubby screwdriver, you might have problems. I had the hardest time because I was at my friend's garage and he didn't really have any short/stubby drivers; it just sucked.

Now I just want to take climate control out of the car. I hate trim... As soon as I have a secondary vehicle, I'm going to rip all the trim out and strip my car down to basic essentials.

I ended up taking out the bulbs on the climate control console. I like the car to be dark at night. I'm going to be putting in kill-switches for all my lighting someday when there's no trim in the way of wires. I want to be able to run black.

Gamertag: SmallBug

calebc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2008, 11:53 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 14 crazyxzer0 is starting to learn the ropescrazyxzer0 is starting to learn the ropescrazyxzer0 is starting to learn the ropescrazyxzer0 is starting to learn the ropescrazyxzer0 is starting to learn the ropescrazyxzer0 is starting to learn the ropes
Send a message via AIM to crazyxzer0 Send a message via MSN to crazyxzer0

LOL.

well.. i actually used a REALLY LONG screwdriver and it worked on the two screws up front versus the stubby one.

crazyxzer0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in