Speakers to big for door...Help!! - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Audio/Electronics

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2008, 06:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
Hermit the Crab

Rep Power: 13 narkicu187 is a name known to allnarkicu187 is a name known to allnarkicu187 is a name known to allnarkicu187 is a name known to allnarkicu187 is a name known to allnarkicu187 is a name known to allnarkicu187 is a name known to allnarkicu187 is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Angry Speakers to big for door...Help!!

So I bought some new speakers, 6.5's for the door and 6x9's for the rear. I know the back is gonna be a pain, pretty much everthing has to come out. But my dilemma is with the door, the magnet on the new 6.5's is to large. Any other way to remedy this withouth ripping my panels to shreds. Thinkin' about just taking a dremel to the housing and makin' the place where the speaker sits bigger, just want some feedback first......THANKS!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2000 EX D16Y8
B&M Short Shifter
Exedy OEM
Fidanza Lite
Ground Control
Eibach Springs
GReddy SP2 Exhaust
DC Sport 4-2-1 header
AEM Intake
Quote:
Cam gears?? Do I need a spare for some reason??:noway:
MYSPACE....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RETURN THE REP!!
narkicu187 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2008, 06:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
I can't read...

Rep Power: 41 myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 48 reviews

let me guess....alpine 6.5's
i love to rape kids...*silence*

let me touch you.
myHonda1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2008, 06:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
R2.....Zap Balls

Rep Power: 36 vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to vtecduck Send a message via Yahoo to vtecduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by narkicu187 View Post
Thinkin' about just taking a dremel to the housing and makin' the place where the speaker sits bigger, just want some feedback first......THANKS!!
That's all you'll need to do and you'll be good
And if it was up to me I'd have Mods ride his unicycle out and kick every single one of these dumbasses in the nuts.
Quote:
congrats to Mr and Mz Duck!
now just keep her safe from the 3 'b's
boys, beer, and b-series.

Do I miss the civic? Not really the car as much as the power it had

1993 E36 civic replacement work in progress:

vtecduck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2008, 06:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
Hermit the Crab

Rep Power: 13 narkicu187 is a name known to allnarkicu187 is a name known to allnarkicu187 is a name known to allnarkicu187 is a name known to allnarkicu187 is a name known to allnarkicu187 is a name known to allnarkicu187 is a name known to allnarkicu187 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by myHonda1 View Post
Actually, they're Kicker.

2000 EX D16Y8
B&M Short Shifter
Exedy OEM
Fidanza Lite
Ground Control
Eibach Springs
GReddy SP2 Exhaust
DC Sport 4-2-1 header
AEM Intake
Quote:
MYSPACE....

RETURN THE REP!!
Old 01-15-2008, 06:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
R2.....Zap Balls

Rep Power: 36 vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Just about any speaker you put in there is going to have the clearance problem. Honda uses a thin woofer factory and not much will fit in there with out modification.
And if it was up to me I'd have Mods ride his unicycle out and kick every single one of these dumbasses in the nuts.
Quote:

Old 01-15-2008, 06:36 PM   #6 (permalink)
Hermit the Crab

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtecduck View Post
Just about any speaker you put in there is going to have the clearance problem. Honda uses a thin woofer factory and not much will fit in there with out modification.
Thought it would be a basic swap, boy was I wrong!

2000 EX D16Y8
B&M Short Shifter
Exedy OEM
Fidanza Lite
Ground Control
Eibach Springs
GReddy SP2 Exhaust
DC Sport 4-2-1 header
AEM Intake
Quote:
MYSPACE....

RETURN THE REP!!
Old 01-15-2008, 06:38 PM   #7 (permalink)
I like to mouth off

Rep Power: 12 korre07 is almost a somebodykorre07 is almost a somebodykorre07 is almost a somebodykorre07 is almost a somebody
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

i got some alpine type s to fit in my sol just fine... they came with a plate that set the speaker about a half inch out farther than stock... but everything fit fine when i put all the panels on
korre07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2008, 06:41 PM   #8 (permalink)
I can't read...

Rep Power: 41 myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 48 reviews

Quote:
Actually, they're Kicker.
ic. i had the same problem when i got my alpines. i had to dremel the shit outta my door. it was worth it.
i love to rape kids...*silence*

let me touch you.
myHonda1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2008, 06:44 PM   #9 (permalink)
R2.....Zap Balls

Quote:
Originally Posted by korre07 View Post
i got some alpine type s to fit in my sol just fine... they came with a plate that set the speaker about a half inch out farther than stock... but everything fit fine when i put all the panels on
It's not all speakers, just a lot of them
Quote:

Old 01-15-2008, 06:46 PM   #10 (permalink)
Hermit the Crab

Quote:
ic. i had the same problem when i got my alpines. i had to dremel the shit outta my door. it was worth it.
Guess I should get my ass in gear and just do what needs to be done!

2000 EX D16Y8
B&M Short Shifter
Exedy OEM
Fidanza Lite
Ground Control
Eibach Springs
GReddy SP2 Exhaust
DC Sport 4-2-1 header
AEM Intake
Quote:
MYSPACE....

RETURN THE REP!!
Old 01-15-2008, 08:46 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 15 B33BZ is learning the way of the DB33BZ is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to B33BZ

Infinities fit fine just for reference...
B33BZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2008, 08:48 PM   #12 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AutoXCivic Send a message via MSN to AutoXCivic Send a message via Yahoo to AutoXCivic

Quote:
So I bought some new speakers, 6.5's for the door and 6x9's for the rear. I know the back is gonna be a pain, pretty much everthing has to come out. But my dilemma is with the door, the magnet on the new 6.5's is to large. Any other way to remedy this withouth ripping my panels to shreds. Thinkin' about just taking a dremel to the housing and makin' the place where the speaker sits bigger, just want some feedback first......THANKS!!
Dremel away sir. That "cage" doesn't need to be there. I had the same problem, now all that's left of mine is the holes to mount the adapter plate and the holes to mount it to the door. Everything will fit just fine.

Quote:
^yeah he guessed right that's the one's I had problems with ... firs with coaxial Type-S and then with Type-R components. The dremel is your friend.

<--- Stolen

<--- Sold.

Quote:
barrel roll in airplane > barrel roll in nsx
AutoXCivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2008, 09:20 PM   #13 (permalink)

Rep Power: 12 lpc805eg will become famous soon enoughlpc805eg will become famous soon enoughlpc805eg will become famous soon enough

i have some walmart sony's front and rear. their better than stock and fit and good. i had to dremel out the back ones to make them fit

lpc805eg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2008, 08:03 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 13 PCracer51 is starting to learn the ropesPCracer51 is starting to learn the ropesPCracer51 is starting to learn the ropesPCracer51 is starting to learn the ropesPCracer51 is starting to learn the ropesPCracer51 is starting to learn the ropes

Quote:
Originally Posted by B33BZ View Post
Infinities fit fine just for reference...
I had to cut for my 6012i's to fit. The si versions may fit without an issue, but like reomer said, a lot of the 6.5s you gotta cut the back of the cup. No real big deal, if your worried about the sound, get the baffles for it.

PCracer51 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2008, 04:48 PM   #15 (permalink)

Allright, now don't hold me to this, since I don't have first ahnd experience with a 2000 model. I had teh same problem with my CRX. I have pioneer 6.5 3-ways all around. They would almost fit in the doors, but when the window came down, it hit the speaker.
My solution: rubber stoppers around the screws holding them in place, between the speaker and door panel. I got about 20 of them, and played with cutting them to different sizes untill the speaker almost touched the plastic cover. Clearance issues solved.
Konstantin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2008, 06:56 PM   #16 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 17 green_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eagle

If you cut the cup you'll get water on the coils. Trust me they short out real nicely.

If you come up with something to keep the water off after you cut the cups...
green_hornet_96 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2008, 07:43 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 13 PianoMan smells like BoratPianoMan smells like BoratPianoMan smells like BoratPianoMan smells like BoratPianoMan smells like BoratPianoMan smells like Borat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin View Post
My solution: rubber stoppers around the screws holding them in place, between the speaker and door panel. I got about 20 of them, and played with cutting them to different sizes untill the speaker almost touched the plastic cover. Clearance issues solved.
Good idea on bringing the speaker out, but that can't be air-tight, or is it? I may be misreading this. You don't want sound wave cancellation issues on your door woofs.

But I'd try this route before dremelling those baskets in the rear. How much can you bring the woofer forward before hitting the panel/grille? (I've got a Sol, and the front woofer locations are pretty durn spacious). Fabricate a spacer of the appropriate thickness and then screw it down.

If you can't bring it forward, then you may need to rev up the Dremel after all. Some foam XTC baffles behind your woofer will keep the water away from those voice coils.
Eibach Pro-System Plus (Springs, Dampers, and Anti-Roll Kit)

Buying, when I gets $$$ and time to put in: 8psi pulley from ASP Racing.
PianoMan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2008, 07:49 PM   #18 (permalink)
Premium Member

Rep Power: 41 Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Bizzar Send a message via MSN to Bizzar Send a message via Yahoo to Bizzar

Too big for the door? NEVER!

Bizzar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2008, 08:33 PM   #19 (permalink)
Shoot me!

Rep Power: 45 Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 50 reviews

I had to cut the back out of my door panel nothing fits in there without a little fabrication. Thats the fun part.

GO STEELERS!
Hellhatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2008, 09:26 PM   #20 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 13 PCracer51 is starting to learn the ropesPCracer51 is starting to learn the ropesPCracer51 is starting to learn the ropesPCracer51 is starting to learn the ropesPCracer51 is starting to learn the ropesPCracer51 is starting to learn the ropes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizzar View Post
Too big for the door? NEVER!

Drool!!!!!!!!!!!!
DO WANT!

PCracer51 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in