Main Relay Removal - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Audio/Electronics

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2007, 08:43 AM   #1 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 16 samuraiz is starting to learn the ropessamuraiz is starting to learn the ropessamuraiz is starting to learn the ropessamuraiz is starting to learn the ropessamuraiz is starting to learn the ropessamuraiz is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to samuraiz
Default Main Relay Removal

So the main relay in my CRX is probably dying (hopefully just the solder joints) and my preliminary attempts to remove it have resulted in me bending the crap out of the bracket it's mounted to. Now I've found this very useful link:
http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/mainrelay.html

But I'm looking for some hints to make this a little easier on an 88 CRX. Also, is the relay grounded by it's metal mounting tab or can I zip tie it somewhere easier to reach once I get it off?

Last edited by samuraiz; 12-31-2007 at 02:12 PM.
samuraiz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2007, 03:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

not grounded thru the bracket......

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2007, 03:59 PM   #3 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 Chiovnidca is a name known to allChiovnidca is a name known to allChiovnidca is a name known to allChiovnidca is a name known to allChiovnidca is a name known to allChiovnidca is a name known to allChiovnidca is a name known to allChiovnidca is a name known to allChiovnidca is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuraiz View Post

But I'm looking for some hints to make this a little easier on an 88 CRX.
Just pop the workings out and leave the plastic box mounted. Just pry it out a little on ecah end with a small screwdriver. It needs to come apart to check the solder joints anyway.
Chiovnidca is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2007, 04:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 InvaderTrax is almost a somebodyInvaderTrax is almost a somebodyInvaderTrax is almost a somebodyInvaderTrax is almost a somebody
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to InvaderTrax

I did the one in my mom's car a while back. The new one had a slightly different case than the original, and since I couldn't get that case off, I just tucked it out of the way

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

InvaderTrax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2007, 05:40 PM   #5 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

yeah its not grounded ziptie it to were ever u want or have it hanging
jayayssohn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2008, 02:19 AM   #6 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiovnidca View Post
Just pop the workings out and leave the plastic box mounted. Just pry it out a little on ecah end with a small screwdriver. It needs to come apart to check the solder joints anyway.
Honda Techican cheater!

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in