96-98 oem radio w/ ipod???? please help - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Audio/Electronics

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2007, 02:14 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 15 v-tecivic is a name known to allv-tecivic is a name known to allv-tecivic is a name known to allv-tecivic is a name known to allv-tecivic is a name known to allv-tecivic is a name known to allv-tecivic is a name known to allv-tecivic is a name known to allv-tecivic is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to v-tecivic
Default 96-98 oem radio w/ ipod???? please help

i have a 97 ex w/ keyless entry from the factory. when i bought the car, there was already an aftermarket alpine headunit in the car. so there is already the harness adapter in my car. the headunit i have now has an aux input on the faceplate.

my 3.5mm connector from my ipod to the headunit causes a lot of flex and movement wich results in a poor connection on both sides; therefore it has terrible sound quality.

im basically just wanting to go back to using the OEM radio for the am/fm stations. then maybe wire something up so that i can use my ipod for my music as well.

does anyone know how i could do this?
v-tecivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2007, 05:31 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-Series Post Be-itch... gimme gimme gimme

Richie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Go to crutchfield. put in you have an OEM radio and go to the iPod section. There is a iPod connector that hooks directly into the OEM radio and uses the changer control to control the iPod.
Richie_A_19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2007, 09:21 AM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Rep Power: 0 vsm_ej6 is learning the way of the Dvsm_ej6 is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to vsm_ej6

http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/a...3d3%26tp%3d422

link takes you to where you select your car info, and they will give a list of what you can buy for your car.....
vsm_ej6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2007, 08:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 15 v-tecivic is a name known to allv-tecivic is a name known to allv-tecivic is a name known to allv-tecivic is a name known to allv-tecivic is a name known to allv-tecivic is a name known to allv-tecivic is a name known to allv-tecivic is a name known to allv-tecivic is a name known to all

thank you guys!! rep for you
Old 12-28-2007, 07:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

hotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 30 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie_A_19 View Post
Go to crutchfield. put in you have an OEM radio and go to the iPod section. There is a iPod connector that hooks directly into the OEM radio and uses the changer control to control the iPod.
Yeah

Quote:
Take it from somebody who has actually done it more then once and not read about it on the internet......
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
hotrodj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2008, 11:15 PM   #6 (permalink)

Best Buy will carry Ipod adapters for your alpine unit for about $50
Circuit City has oem Ipod adapters for about the same price made by Metra.
Dynimitejack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2008, 04:08 PM   #7 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 WOKwithme98 is learning the way of the DWOKwithme98 is learning the way of the D

Yeah I've seen them at best buy the other day and thought about picking up, however my wife insisted I not buy it right now, SO yeah. I know for sure they have them, around 50-55! Goodluck
WOKwithme98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2008, 03:45 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Do NOT buy a FM modulator. You will be disappointed.

Quote:
When you start you say, "I'm only going to boost with my friends at parties," next thing you know you're out of a job, living in the gutter, with no friends left, selling yourself for a T4 so you can boost harder.
iyi0521 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2008, 03:53 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by iyi0521 View Post
Do NOT buy a FM modulator. You will be disappointed.
are those the ones you pick a radio station and then your ipod plays off that station. if it is, a buddy of mine had one and it was crap.
Old 01-11-2008, 05:26 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series lover

Send a message via AIM to vondudka

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-tecivic View Post
are those the ones you pick a radio station and then your ipod plays off that station. if it is, a buddy of mine had one and it was crap.
that sounds more like an FM transmitter, an FM modulator wires directly into your antenna input on the back of the radio and you get to pick between two frequencies.

..well i guess they both seem the same but the transmitters are junk.
vondudka is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2008, 08:04 AM   #11 (permalink)
n00b

Rep Power: 0 vsm_ej6 is learning the way of the Dvsm_ej6 is learning the way of the D
Send a message via AIM to vsm_ej6

Quote:
Originally Posted by vondudka View Post
that sounds more like an FM transmitter, an FM modulator wires directly into your antenna input on the back of the radio and you get to pick between two frequencies.

..well i guess they both seem the same but the transmitters are junk.
yeah, i got a inline modulator with an ond xm radio add on, and it plugs using an fm port into my new sirius satillite radio, and i can run any frequency with no problems, but i dont think it would work with an ipod.
vsm_ej6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2008, 12:30 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series lover

Send a message via AIM to vondudka

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Produ...r&i=142FMMOD01 thats what im talking about
vondudka is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2008, 11:19 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 16 d15dunebuggy will become famous soon enoughd15dunebuggy will become famous soon enoughd15dunebuggy will become famous soon enough

I'm glad I found this thread, but will this product let me keep my CD changer, and use the iPod or mp3 player?

Quote:
Got a portable music player? Then you probably know that a direct connection to your vehicle's radio will give you the best possible sound quality. The Precision Interface Electronics HON98-AUX adapter lets you convert the CD changer port on your Honda factory stereo into an auxiliary input, suitable for connecting an add-on satellite radio tuner, portable music player, or other audio source.
Old 04-15-2008, 07:01 PM   #14 (permalink)
n00b

Send a message via AIM to lordtara Send a message via MSN to lordtara Send a message via Yahoo to lordtara

it says in the product description that you cant use a cd changer with it
Old 04-16-2008, 06:00 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 2 reviews

what kind of radio do you have now. most newer radios have Ipod cables you can buy to plug right into the radio that charges the ipod and controls through the radio. Or some of the newer sony radios have ipod cables built in.
cody08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2008, 06:58 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 12 BustyRucket is starting to learn the ropesBustyRucket is starting to learn the ropesBustyRucket is starting to learn the ropesBustyRucket is starting to learn the ropesBustyRucket is starting to learn the ropesBustyRucket is starting to learn the ropesBustyRucket is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by vondudka View Post
That's the exact one I use and it's great. Just install a jack, plug in your favorite MP3 player, and enjoy. It comes with a on/off switch but I didn't use it because I didn't see the point.

Last edited by BustyRucket; 04-19-2008 at 09:06 PM.
BustyRucket is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in