HID causes noise with newly installed stereo - help. - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Audio/Electronics

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2007, 12:18 AM   #1 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 14 Eyal 951 is a name known to allEyal 951 is a name known to allEyal 951 is a name known to allEyal 951 is a name known to allEyal 951 is a name known to allEyal 951 is a name known to allEyal 951 is a name known to allEyal 951 is a name known to allEyal 951 is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Eyal 951
Default HID causes noise with newly installed stereo - help.

I installed an HID setup on my 95 hatch the other day, and today I installed a stereo setup (composites with amp and sub) Its working fine and is properly setup, however when I turn on the HID's i get a constant fairly loud high pitch noise.

A couple of quick things to note. I grounded the HID setup at the battery location ground spot. (seen in photo 2) Also, I'm using the battery terminal that came with the amp kit. The HID and Stereo are connected to it about 1cm from each other and the wires do touch.

2001 S2000 - Sold
Eyal 951 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2007, 12:31 AM   #2 (permalink)
Live,love,laugh,be real

Rep Power: 39 4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 20 reviews

hrmmm, were is the ground run from your stereo..?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

R.I.P. my mom - I miss you
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
10/3/1945-6/16/2007

R.I.P. - MiloReaper & Pat Primmer

96' CE1 Lx - Wags

04' Pilot EXL - Black Pile - Love it

is your friend, try it

[youtube ][ /youtube]

4Door is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2007, 12:42 AM   #3 (permalink)

Rep Power: 14 Eyal 951 is a name known to allEyal 951 is a name known to allEyal 951 is a name known to allEyal 951 is a name known to allEyal 951 is a name known to allEyal 951 is a name known to allEyal 951 is a name known to allEyal 951 is a name known to allEyal 951 is a name known to all

The threaded raised hump that the spare tire bolt attaches to. Think thats a bad spot?

2001 S2000 - Sold

Old 12-26-2007, 04:38 AM   #4 (permalink)
Live,love,laugh,be real

Rep Power: 39 4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyal 951 View Post
The threaded raised hump that the spare tire bolt attaches to. Think thats a bad spot?
why didnt you ground it to same place as your other radio..?

try that...

10/3/1945-6/16/2007

96' CE1 Lx - Wags

is your friend, try it

[youtube ][ /youtube]

Old 12-26-2007, 12:20 PM   #5 (permalink)

my other radio? because the radio is in the dash, and the amp is in the hatch. I don't want to run 4 gauge wire up there just for a ground.

2001 S2000 - Sold
Old 12-26-2007, 02:00 PM   #6 (permalink)
Live,love,laugh,be real

Quote:
my other radio? because the radio is in the dash, and the amp is in the hatch. I don't want to run 4 gauge wire up there just for a ground.
i guess you misunderstood...

i was asking were the radio was grounded, not the amp...

10/3/1945-6/16/2007

96' CE1 Lx - Wags

is your friend, try it

[youtube ][ /youtube]

Old 12-26-2007, 06:26 PM   #7 (permalink)

The radio is grounded to the stock location.

I just sourced the problem. I cannot bolt the Ballasts to the chassis because the noise they make is picked up and magnified in the system, probably via the grounds.

Imma have to zip tie them to something, which is kinda ghetto, but whatever, its not like I have a tucked bay to worry about.

2001 S2000 - Sold
Old 12-26-2007, 11:06 PM   #8 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

well, best i can do is that with my setup.. i ground the hid's to the chassis.. and they always humm when they're first on while they "warm up".. good luck
4banger4dr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2007, 11:33 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 14 Run Away is learning the way of the DRun Away is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Why not bolt them where you have them but with like a layer of some sort of insulator in between.
Like that high density craft foam. Or double sided tape or plywood or your mini-wheats box folded over.
Old 12-27-2007, 11:23 AM   #10 (permalink)
Live,love,laugh,be real

my HID's are bolted to my strut towers, i have no problems at at, but i grounded them to there own chassis spot and my radio is grounded in the factory location, my amps are also chassis grounded to there own spots...

i dono, maybe im cool because nothing is grounded to the same spot...

side note:
my HID's also hum...

10/3/1945-6/16/2007

96' CE1 Lx - Wags

is your friend, try it

[youtube ][ /youtube]

Old 01-01-2008, 05:24 PM   #11 (permalink)
FAMILY MEMBER #316

rattmann316 It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 18 reviews
Send a message via AIM to rattmann316

reground the amp

your current location is not good.
1. scrape paint away from future ground location. it should be a solid piece of the chassis; not some part that has been welded onto the chassis (the area where the back seats fold down for example).
2. use a small self-tapping screw to get a start on a hole for the ground bolt.
3. remove the self-tapper and replace with a 10mm coarse threaded bolt and a star washer.
4. screw down new bolt (it should not be movable if you tug on it)
5. enjoy music

New Whip: 94 DX Hatch w/ 64k original miles and no power steering.
Xbox Gamertag: Rattmann316
(if you tryin to get moked out in COD4)
rattmann316 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2008, 05:52 PM   #12 (permalink)
1.8 nawz powa

Rep Power: 38 Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 58 reviews

Dude Ive had this seem problem with mine. I still havent been able to find out what it is.
Old 01-01-2008, 05:59 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverCiv View Post
Dude Ive had this seem problem with mine. I still havent been able to find out what it is.
Quote:
I just sourced the problem. I cannot bolt the Ballasts to the chassis because the noise they make is picked up and magnified in the system, probably via the grounds.

Imma have to zip tie them to something, which is kinda ghetto, but whatever, its not like I have a tucked bay to worry about.

2001 S2000 - Sold
Old 01-11-2008, 03:39 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Feedback from the Ballasts. Insulate the balasts from the chassis. Use rubber insulators between the screws and the balasts. Also do not tie in to the battery with your HID grounds. Tie them into the engine ground. That should help you with your interference problem.

Quote:
When you start you say, "I'm only going to boost with my friends at parties," next thing you know you're out of a job, living in the gutter, with no friends left, selling yourself for a T4 so you can boost harder.
iyi0521 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in