HD Radio? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Audio/Electronics

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2007, 04:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
Well?

Rep Power: 33 1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 38 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 1.5Slowmatic
Default HD Radio?

So when i got my car(which was free:thehump it came with an HD Radio. But i cant get any HD chanels. i read the book and it said that it would come up when i hit the button to switch between Radio and CD and stuff. Anyone know why this is or how to fix it. The radio was installed with a kit from Crutchfield so i doubt anything is not right install wise.
1.5Slowmatic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2007, 06:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to hondacory

dude hd radio isnt like a entire new radio fm transmission its fm stations transmitting shorter waves you have to find which fm stations broadcast in hd then ur able to switch between hd1/2/3
hondacory is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2007, 06:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
inh
My sig is longer than yours

inh It's a JDM Star Bitches....inh It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 20 reviews

Check this site to see if you have HD radio in your city:

other then that, i dunno man, i dont ahve any experiecne wtih your radio. I just bought an add on kit for a stereo, but havent installed it yet.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Earn money for receiving text messaged offers

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
inh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2007, 06:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
Premium Member

Rep Power: 41 Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Bizzar Send a message via MSN to Bizzar Send a message via Yahoo to Bizzar

High Def commercials woohoo! What a load of crap...hd radio. Sirius/XM > hd

Bizzar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2007, 07:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
inh

Quality isnt the same with satellite. HD radio is near MP3, satellite is like FM =[

not that i care, XM is fucking GREAT when offroading, or in the middle of the desert, or when doing both!

Old 11-20-2007, 07:23 PM   #6 (permalink)
Premium Member

Rep Power: 41 Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Bizzar Send a message via MSN to Bizzar Send a message via Yahoo to Bizzar

Yes and no. If you have a FM direct adapter its good. The fm mod output is crap. Best of all is the direct adapters for your radio through the aux in. Much better quality than an mp3 and far better than fm imo. I have a clarion pro with the clarion sirius tuner and it sounds great! Better than my ipod on most songs depends on compression.

Bizzar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2007, 07:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
inh

Maybe they upgraded then.. I have the xm direct with aux in, and i remember it wasnt all that great. wasnt bad just, wasnt as good as a nice mp3..

but who knows, it was probably all the awesome radiating from me causing a bit of interference =p

Old 11-20-2007, 07:35 PM   #8 (permalink)
i shoot stuff

superdewey58 It's a JDM Star Bitches....superdewey58 It's a JDM Star Bitches....superdewey58 It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to superdewey58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizzar View Post
Yes and no. If you have a FM direct adapter its good. The fm mod output is crap. Best of all is the direct adapters for your radio through the aux in. Much better quality than an mp3 and far better than fm imo. I have a clarion pro with the clarion sirius tuner and it sounds great! Better than my ipod on most songs depends on compression.
i heard similar stuff as well. i actually had an hd radio and returned it b/c i hate radio especially down here

do u live in south florida
Quote:
What happend to the hood? Looks like a fat girl jumped on it.
superdewey58 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2007, 09:53 AM   #9 (permalink)
Well?

Rep Power: 33 1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 38 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 1.5Slowmatic

well i know there are stations in my area that broadcast in HD. According to directions there is a different thing to go to to get the HD ones.
1.5Slowmatic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2007, 05:00 PM   #10 (permalink)
R2.....Zap Balls

Rep Power: 36 vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to vtecduck Send a message via Yahoo to vtecduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizzar View Post
High Def commercials woohoo! What a load of crap...hd radio. Sirius/XM > hd
I have sirius and an ipod adapter that hook in through the changer controls that allows me to control them through the head unit. Sirius sounds 10x better than FM imo and it sounds better than my ipod depending on compression like Derek mentioned above. I have the option of hooking up hd to the head unit, but I refuse to pay for the tuner I need to run it just to hear the same commercials in HD lol.
And if it was up to me I'd have Mods ride his unicycle out and kick every single one of these dumbasses in the nuts.
Quote:
congrats to Mr and Mz Duck!
now just keep her safe from the 3 'b's
boys, beer, and b-series.

Do I miss the civic? Not really the car as much as the power it had

1993 E36 civic replacement work in progress:

vtecduck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2007, 09:07 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to hondacory

same here ^^^ i have a pioneer deh-7700mp with sirrius pluged into my cd changer port along with my ipod
hondacory is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2007, 07:18 AM   #12 (permalink)
FAMILY MEMBER #316

rattmann316 It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 18 reviews
Send a message via AIM to rattmann316

radio with commercials is gay. sound quality doesnt make up for it.

just because its an HD radio doesnt mean it has all necessary equipment to receive HD content.

New Whip: 94 DX Hatch w/ 64k original miles and no power steering.
Xbox Gamertag: Rattmann316
(if you tryin to get moked out in COD4)
rattmann316 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2007, 02:04 PM   #13 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

is hd worth the money?
moesho is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in