vtec light indicator - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Audio/Electronics

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2007, 07:02 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Smile vtec light indicator

hi there i was wondering if any1 can help me, basically i want to put a small led inde my car wich will light up wen the vtec has kicked in i obviously kno you have to earth the led but wich wire does the live go to?? basically where do i find the vtec signal from?? this is for a uk spec esi by the way, oh and hi by the way i'm new to all this, all help will be appreciated x
1600esi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2007, 07:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
Want access???

Rep Power: 1718005 modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 67 reviews
Send a message via AIM to modsHXcivi

Please only one thread in one forum on one topic is needed ...if you search the DIY forum you may find the info on your own

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

modsHXcivi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2007, 08:02 PM   #3 (permalink)

sorry mate jus new to all this

Old 11-13-2007, 08:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
Want access???

Rep Power: 1718005 modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 67 reviews
Send a message via AIM to modsHXcivi

no problem at all .....

modsHXcivi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2007, 08:13 PM   #5 (permalink)

do u kno wich wire it is by anychance? i have found the thread in DIY but thts for 96-98 civic, as i own 92-95 esi wonderin would it be the same wire on the ecu?
Old 11-13-2007, 08:16 PM   #6 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 d16_turbo is learning the way of the Dd16_turbo is learning the way of the D

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1600esi View Post
do u kno wich wire it is by anychance? i have found the thread in DIY but thts for 96-98 civic, as i own 92-95 esi wonderin would it be the same wire on the ecu?
just tap into the wire from the vtec solenoid. Use a test light and pinch into the wire from the solenoid and rev the engine up to the vtec crossover point. If the light does infact light up than thats your wire. Tap into it with a male connector, than connect the female into it with your wire crimped into it. Run the wire through the firewall, and inside the car to your LED.

Done.
d16_turbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2007, 08:53 PM   #7 (permalink)

cheers mate but i was told tht the car ha to be moving for the wire to give the signal as i wont be able to rev it up and get a signal
Old 11-13-2007, 09:09 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 15 v-tecivic is a name known to allv-tecivic is a name known to allv-tecivic is a name known to allv-tecivic is a name known to allv-tecivic is a name known to allv-tecivic is a name known to allv-tecivic is a name known to allv-tecivic is a name known to allv-tecivic is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to v-tecivic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1600esi View Post
cheers mate but i was told tht the car ha to be moving for the wire to give the signal as i wont be able to rev it up and get a signal
you are correct.

i myself have never seen my vtec light illuminate while i was parked and revving.
v-tecivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2007, 10:46 PM   #9 (permalink)
n00b

Orange/white at the ECU
stylerofthefree is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2007, 10:43 AM   #10 (permalink)

some one was saying green with a yellow stripe or is it orange gettin confused here help lol its a uk spec esi 3dr hatch
Old 11-14-2007, 02:42 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 14 94EXa2 will become famous soon enough94EXa2 will become famous soon enough94EXa2 will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via MSN to 94EXa2

its the green/yellow wire on the vtec sol. im guessin the orange one is for the ecu..........and yes, you have to be moving atleast 20mph for vtec to "kick in"
Old 11-14-2007, 03:49 PM   #12 (permalink)

does anyone kno wich colour it is on the ecu???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in