Stereo dyi - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Audio/Electronics

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2007, 10:26 PM   #1 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 99redek is learning the way of the D99redek is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 21 reviews
Default Stereo dyi

has any one ever done it how to install a stereo if not then i will probolly do one this or next week
99redek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2007, 12:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
FAMILY MEMBER #316

rattmann316 It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 18 reviews
Send a message via AIM to rattmann316

just a radio install is pretty easy nowadays. buy a harness, buy a kit, then figure out the dash removal.

the true test of an installer is to figure out vehicle wiring on a factory amplified sound system and having it all work properly (avalons, explorers, gs300s, etc...). maybe a DIY on how to properly test all wires would be helpful.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

New Whip: 94 DX Hatch w/ 64k original miles and no power steering.
Xbox Gamertag: Rattmann316
(if you tryin to get moked out in COD4)
rattmann316 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2007, 01:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 15 GreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 17 reviews

get the harness for your car, get "smart harness" from circuit city-its made by metra(this goes to back of the radio and plugs into the aftermarket harness), plug and play. without the "smart harness", cut the plug off the new car harness(not the end that plugs in obviously) and pretty much just connect the colors to the wires that came with the radio.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
GreyGoose is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2007, 01:53 PM   #4 (permalink)

Rep Power: 15 GreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by rattmann316 View Post

the true test of an installer is to figure out vehicle wiring on a factory amplified sound system and having it all work properly (avalons, explorers, gs300s, etc...). maybe a DIY on how to properly test all wires would be helpful.
its not too hard. all you do is pretty much bypass that amp. run new speaker wire from the radio to the speakers. GMs on the other hand loose the onstar and chime capability without a 100 dollar interface harness if you change your radio. i work in the car audio department at circuit city and see this stuff daily.

Old 11-07-2007, 03:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
R2.....Zap Balls

Rep Power: 36 vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to vtecduck Send a message via Yahoo to vtecduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyGoose View Post
its not too hard. all you do is pretty much bypass that amp. run new speaker wire from the radio to the speakers. GMs on the other hand loose the onstar and chime capability without a 100 dollar interface harness if you change your radio. i work in the car audio department at circuit city and see this stuff daily.
He does installs too
And if it was up to me I'd have Mods ride his unicycle out and kick every single one of these dumbasses in the nuts.
Quote:
congrats to Mr and Mz Duck!
now just keep her safe from the 3 'b's
boys, beer, and b-series.

Do I miss the civic? Not really the car as much as the power it had

1993 E36 civic replacement work in progress:

vtecduck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2007, 04:20 PM   #6 (permalink)
Resident Gunsmith & Duracoater

Rep Power: 41 " Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 24 reviews
Send a message via AIM to " Low " Send a message via Yahoo to " Low "

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtecduck View Post
He does installs too
so do me and bizzar.....

and jason claims to know what's up.....:haha:

My username: High-Cap 1911
It ain't only for texans....but there are a BUNCH of us
" Low " is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2007, 05:17 PM   #7 (permalink)

lolerz...right on. i thought i was being all cool with this radio install talk.

Old 11-07-2007, 07:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
Premium Member

Rep Power: 41 Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Bizzar Send a message via MSN to Bizzar Send a message via Yahoo to Bizzar

just did a remote start 2008 diesel f350 with 4 window roll up/down and a/c activation in under 5 hours can I get a woot!

Just running wire through the mylar jamb plug took an hour haha. Well ok I did dick around a bit on it but man...what a bitch! FYI remove the ebrake assembly! 3 bolts and bam simple.

Hijacked! If you can paint by number, you can install a basic radio. I yell at my coworker Paul (the office bitch) all the time when hes in the shop helping out.

"Paul wtf! It takes 10 f'n minutes to put a radio in that car why has it been 45 minutes!"

Bizzar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2007, 08:56 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 13 PCracer51 is starting to learn the ropesPCracer51 is starting to learn the ropesPCracer51 is starting to learn the ropesPCracer51 is starting to learn the ropesPCracer51 is starting to learn the ropesPCracer51 is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

<shameless plug>

you may pay a little more, but for a first install, buy the stuff from crutchfield if you don't already have a radio you want to put into the car. They will give you the mounting kit, the wiring adapter for the OEM plug and the antenna adapter for free with the order (usually). They also will give you enough documentation on the install to guide you through it without a hitch. The hardest part is just matching the right wires and doing about 8 soldering joints to connect the OEM adapter to the one for the radio. A few screws for the dash, and some plugs and your done. Same thing goes with speakers from them.

</end shameless plug>

PCracer51 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2007, 09:02 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

christopher_davis is about to kiss the skychristopher_davis is about to kiss the skychristopher_davis is about to kiss the skychristopher_davis is about to kiss the skychristopher_davis is about to kiss the skychristopher_davis is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 23 reviews

1. buy a harness
2. get some electrical tape
3. get some crimpers
4. get some connectors
5. match all the colors.
6. now enjoy your new audio system
7. don't show it off to tool bags who like to steal

christopher_davis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2007, 04:27 AM   #11 (permalink)
Resident Gunsmith & Duracoater

Rep Power: 41 " Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 24 reviews
Send a message via AIM to " Low " Send a message via Yahoo to " Low "

Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher_davis View Post
1. buy a harness
2. get some electrical tape
3. get some crimpers
4. get some connectors
5. match all the colors.
6. now enjoy your new audio system
7. don't show it off to tool bags who like to steal
just a quick thought, if you are crimping, whats the tape for....?

i can see that if you solder them, but with crimping....?

My username: High-Cap 1911
It ain't only for texans....but there are a BUNCH of us
" Low " is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2007, 06:08 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low EG-T View Post

if you have a newerish sony, jvc, pioneer, or eclipse radio, just go to circuit city and by the smart harness like i said. no soldering or crimping. 100% plug and play. makes an install alot easier and faster especially for the first instal.

Old 11-08-2007, 07:32 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

christopher_davis is about to kiss the skychristopher_davis is about to kiss the skychristopher_davis is about to kiss the skychristopher_davis is about to kiss the skychristopher_davis is about to kiss the skychristopher_davis is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 23 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low EG-T View Post

I always wrap the crimped section. I do this because I had a cb get fried one time because the crimping came undone and it touched some metal.

I'm just extra catious.

christopher_davis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2007, 07:49 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 13 PCracer51 is starting to learn the ropesPCracer51 is starting to learn the ropesPCracer51 is starting to learn the ropesPCracer51 is starting to learn the ropesPCracer51 is starting to learn the ropesPCracer51 is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

soldered connections FTW.

PCracer51 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2008, 07:13 PM   #15 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default 99 Civic diy

Pics from my Son's 99 install...we did a 1kw Alpine sub amp for 2 Type R-10inch, 4 component's, 2 rear 6/9 type R, 2 front Polk fed by 450 Alpine amp...both RMS rated...Sourced by Alpine CDA-9883...Rear mounted Stinger Bat, Stinger Hardware with Isolation switch, 200 amp Alt, http://s169.photobucket.com/albums/u...stall/?start=0
Krapola is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2008, 08:01 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Another way to figure out how to a dash apart is go to metraonline.com You can look up the dash kit there and they will have a pdf of the manual that shows you how to dash apart.
Supa Lao is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2008, 10:18 PM   #17 (permalink)
Premium Member

Rep Power: 41 Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Bizzar Send a message via MSN to Bizzar Send a message via Yahoo to Bizzar

Holy old post bump batman. I would get fired for an install like that! I gotta give you credit at least the wires arent going anywhere soon lol!

BTW just did a 06 Nitro Infinity system bypass. Just a heads up you cannot put a 4 channel amp on the doors they have to be replaced. Stupid dodge using .5 ohm speakers wtf...I also maintained the factory sub and fed the Infinity factory amp the sub output signal from the HU. Yup...aftermarket indash dvd with factory sub control You do have to use an rca signal amp however.

Bizzar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2008, 05:13 AM   #18 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizzar View Post
Holy old post bump batman. I would get fired for an install like that! I gotta give you credit at least the wires arent going anywhere soon lol!

BTW just did a 06 Nitro Infinity system bypass. Just a heads up you cannot put a 4 channel amp on the doors they have to be replaced. Stupid dodge using .5 ohm speakers wtf...I also maintained the factory sub and fed the Infinity factory amp the sub output signal from the HU. Yup...aftermarket indash dvd with factory sub control You do have to use an rca signal amp however.
"I would get fired for an install like that!"
Not clear on what that means....
Krapola is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in