Now moving on to audio, need advise - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Audio/Electronics

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2007, 03:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 bbsccr01 is learning the way of the Dbbsccr01 is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Default Now moving on to audio, need advise

Ok. Here's what I got. A shitty audio system. I need advise on what is good and what to steer clear of. I want one 15, or one really good 12. I also plan on staying with the size of the speakers inthe rear behind the seats, and inthe door panels. I think they are 5.25 or 6.25. something like that. Any recommendations? How about amps? I've got some old amps, but they suck. I don't want my speakers freaking loud, just want it to soound really good. And it wont be for competition either. Just something I can enjoy while driving down the road without my ears ringing/having a headache.
bbsccr01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2007, 03:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to hondacory

first things first year and style i know you have an ex but hb, coupe, sdn.
hondacory is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2007, 03:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
The Great Weldini

Rep Power: 32 remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....
remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 54 reviews
Send a message via AIM to remoer Send a message via MSN to remoer Send a message via Yahoo to remoer

paging duck, bone and bizzar on this. lol. well i know for a fact what duck will say cause it seems he can't stop preaching it. "stage sound, stage sound, stage sound". lol.

The suspension should always be faster than the engine - BMW

The term stage was created to make mentally slow ppl feel physically fast.

my DOHC ZC - 133.73whp and 108.48wtq (tuned on a Dynojet)
remoer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2007, 04:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 bbsccr01 is learning the way of the Dbbsccr01 is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondacory View Post
first things first year and style i know you have an ex but hb, coupe, sdn.
I have a 2 door coupe.

Second, I was looking thru cructhfield awhile back, and saw that they have "kick panels" for my car. 1995 by the way. It adds 2 more speakers, while looking stock. Is there anything else like that? I want to stay as stock looking as possible. But, I want it to sound pretty balanced.

Next, I got a cheapy looking cd player. I had a really expensive one in there, someone stole it. Then I got a cheap one, and it broke in a year. So, I got a descent one. But looks cheap. I hate cds, and it stores all the music on a memory card, and it never skips or cds scratch. I don't want to replace that head unit.

Last edited by bbsccr01; 11-03-2007 at 05:05 PM.
bbsccr01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2007, 06:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series lover

www.hertzaudiovideo.com www.mtx.com all you need to know.
cody08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2007, 10:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 25 all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!
all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 19 reviews

If you want decent sound you don't need a 15. you could go with an 8. also it won't weigh as much. AS for amps they sell 5 channel amps that will run your whole system. Do you have an ipod? You could get a cheap deck that can control your ipod or get the sony giga panel. You can transfer mp3 right into the face.
all_rice is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2007, 10:29 PM   #7 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 15 GreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 17 reviews

when i had sounds, i had a JL 12w3, alpine 400.1(i think, its been a few years) amp, alpine 6 1/2s(again, forgot what model, not the type r or s series), and alpine deck(lol..dont know which one either, i just know it was 50x4 with 3 pre-outs. sounded very very clean. my buddies never believed it was just 1 12 and a 400 watt amp. they all got hooked on that volfenhag(sp?) "1500 watt" amp and sub shit...........rrrrrrrrrrrright.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
GreyGoose is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2007, 05:26 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series lover

if you want a 5 channel amp check out audison's srx series amps. one of the cleanest sounding amps ive ever heard.
cody08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2007, 05:30 PM   #9 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

i have a hatch and i have a jl 8w3v2, eclipse xa5000 5 channel amp, and eclipse speakers all the way around. it sounds great and the sub really pounds.
kzoobaggs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in