Need Advice/Opinions on 51R series Deep Cycle Battery - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Audio/Electronics

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2007, 01:29 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Need Advice/Opinions on 51R series Deep Cycle Battery

Hello all, I need advice on which 51 series Deep Cycle battery to get. I have a 98 Acura EL(same as civic EX) with an aftermarket system and some extra accessories. My OEM battery died and is not cutting it for me therefore I was looking in to getting a deep cycle battery as my first alternative. My firsst choice was The Optima YellowTop 51R but they discontinued it so I got the D3478 series instead. I tried to install it but there's no way it's going to fit so now my options are limited. The question is, for those who are runnin deepcycle batteries, what kinds are you using? What do any of you recommend and what experiences have yall had? So far I came across 3 other brands that are 51 series and they are Stinger SPV35, Powermaster XS, and SVR. Have any of yall used these before? Here are the links:

http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/S...30243240243252

http://www.svrbatteries.com/audio_line.html

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

Any help is highly appreciated
Trini Tuner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2007, 02:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 16 blackzc smells like Boratblackzc smells like Boratblackzc smells like Boratblackzc smells like Boratblackzc smells like Boratblackzc smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 37 reviews
Send a message via AIM to blackzc Send a message via MSN to blackzc Send a message via Yahoo to blackzc

i see your new WELCOME
Any time we do a set up we use http://www.scosche.com/efx.aspx?CategoryID=51
they are GREAT battery's and they can take a ass beating lol
Check them out
GOOD LUCK
any more questions please ask
Yahoo messenger k_neighborhoodtrends
AIM kayatnht
blackzc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2007, 09:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 25 all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!
all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 19 reviews

Also look into kinetik batteries. Ebay has some good prices on them.
all_rice is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2007, 02:17 AM   #4 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

Why not a dual battery setup?

Deep Cycle battery only gonna be of help while engine is off. Typical 51R in the front, your Yellow top in the back. You can isolate as needed (forget how to do it, been away from Car Audio TOO LONG!) but you might wanna look into a better alternator and supporting wiring.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2007, 12:56 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 16 blackzc smells like Boratblackzc smells like Boratblackzc smells like Boratblackzc smells like Boratblackzc smells like Boratblackzc smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 37 reviews
Send a message via AIM to blackzc Send a message via MSN to blackzc Send a message via Yahoo to blackzc

ya you could run 2 battery's you will need a battery isolator
And you can get your alternator re-wound for more power
But it all depends how much power you want to run
lmk
Yahoo messenger k_neighborhoodtrends
AIM kayatnht
blackzc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2007, 11:59 AM   #6 (permalink)

I would prefer not to do the dual setup just because it's gonna be alot of work with the rewiring etc. As for a HO alternator, that's my 2nd alternative after I get a better battery. I was really hoping for a battery that can be used as both primary startup and secondary. I also found out recently that they are re-designing the Optima 51R and will be on the market within some months, since the first production had many faults in them. I think for now i'll just wait and see what happens. Thanks for the input guys but keep them coming still!
Trini Tuner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2007, 08:00 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

hotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 30 reviews

Yo summit racing sells a wiring kit for hooking up dual batts. It from Painless Wiring. Its only about $120 and has a switch or somthing to isolate.

Quote:
Take it from somebody who has actually done it more then once and not read about it on the internet......
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
hotrodj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2007, 08:01 AM   #8 (permalink)
Live,love,laugh,be real

Rep Power: 39 4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 20 reviews

im running two battery's without idolater... just run them parallel...

R.I.P. my mom - I miss you
10/3/1945-6/16/2007

R.I.P. - MiloReaper & Pat Primmer

96' CE1 Lx - Wags

04' Pilot EXL - Black Pile - Love it

is your friend, try it

[youtube ][ /youtube]

4Door is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2007, 08:40 AM   #9 (permalink)
Resident Crab

Rep Power: 50 krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 32 reviews
Send a message via AIM to krychek57 Send a message via MSN to krychek57 Send a message via Yahoo to krychek57

Why bother with pain in the ass set ups... Get quality the first time.

http://www.odysseybatteries.com/

*this post was not sponsored by odyssey in anyway shape or form
krychek57 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2007, 07:08 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 2 reviews

just get the kinetic 800 it will drop right in and handle a beating. Maybe to help us help you what kind of system are you running? How many amps, subs, what kind how many watts are the amps and so on.
cody08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2007, 05:50 PM   #11 (permalink)

Rep Power: 12 SQSI is learning the way of the DSQSI is learning the way of the D

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody08 View Post
just get the kinetic 800 it will drop right in and handle a beating. Maybe to help us help you what kind of system are you running? How many amps, subs, what kind how many watts are the amps and so on.
Kinetik FTW with a 130 amp alternator. This is what I ran for my system and no issues at all.

SQSI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in