Couple of hopefully easy questions - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Audio/Electronics

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2007, 07:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Couple of hopefully easy questions

First off I need to run new speaker wires as I am positive that mine have a short, and going to a little lower gauge never hurt. So what is the best way to run them in the stock locations. What I though was to secure the end of the new wire to an end of the old one and pull through, but I'm sure someone on here has a better solution.
Secondly, my radio reception is sketchy at best, sometimes it is good others not so good. The head unit has a good ground, I've removed the antenna from the roof and cleaned all the contacts, and the antenna is securely plugged into the receiver. Where should I look to remedy this problem?
Thanks in advance!
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2007, 07:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
COOOOOOL BEAAANNNS

Chucksta It's a JDM Star Bitches....Chucksta It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to Chucksta Send a message via AIM to Chucksta Send a message via MSN to Chucksta Send a message via Skype™ to Chucksta

I think you could use an antenna amplifier for the reception problem.
Old 10-11-2007, 08:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 SilverCoupe is starting to learn the ropesSilverCoupe is starting to learn the ropesSilverCoupe is starting to learn the ropesSilverCoupe is starting to learn the ropesSilverCoupe is starting to learn the ropesSilverCoupe is starting to learn the ropesSilverCoupe is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SilverCoupe

DO NOT USE SMALLER GAUGE WIRE!! you will melt the wire. you can always go larger but never smaller. I just finished my wiring class at U.T.I. and by using smaller gauge u can actually make the wire hot enough to cause an electric fire.
SilverCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2007, 08:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 25 cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cory jordan Send a message via MSN to cory jordan

how would a bigger wire be cause for more heat? if the supply load stays the same?. in theory a smaller wire with the same amount of current/amperage would cause more heat in the wire due to a lack of ... ah shit whats the word.... transference. or conductivity / 0 gauge wire would be better than 14 gauge wire correct?.
cory jordan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2007, 09:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 SilverCoupe is starting to learn the ropesSilverCoupe is starting to learn the ropesSilverCoupe is starting to learn the ropesSilverCoupe is starting to learn the ropesSilverCoupe is starting to learn the ropesSilverCoupe is starting to learn the ropesSilverCoupe is starting to learn the ropes

sorry when i read the thread i read smaller gauge and thought size not number lol its late at night and i just got out of class so my mind is still in go mode. lol
Old 10-11-2007, 09:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 25 cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cory jordan Send a message via MSN to cory jordan

thats real, trying to keep you on your toes thats all :haha:. i started typing all crazy, then i scrolled up to make sure he said smaller 'gauge'. then i continued.
cory jordan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2007, 09:07 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series soldier

lol yeah 6 hours of info takes a toll on your mind and im only in my second class just finnished it today still got 13 more months
Old 10-11-2007, 09:33 PM   #8 (permalink)

SOHCinWA is about to kiss the skySOHCinWA is about to kiss the skySOHCinWA is about to kiss the skySOHCinWA is about to kiss the skySOHCinWA is about to kiss the skySOHCinWA is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by possumslayer View Post
Secondly, my radio reception is sketchy at best, sometimes it is good others not so good. The head unit has a good ground, I've removed the antenna from the roof and cleaned all the contacts, and the antenna is securely plugged into the receiver. Where should I look to remedy this problem?
Thanks in advance!
WHat year car do you have???? If its a model with the antenna in the back window and if you have a metalized tint on the back window, that is where your reception went.... The metalized film will disrupt the normal signal... Go with an all "Died" film... Make sure that it wont turn purple or fade though...
SOHCinWA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in