guage cluster lights - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Audio/Electronics

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2007, 08:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 bbsccr01 is learning the way of the Dbbsccr01 is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Default guage cluster lights

I have a 95 civic ex EG and I need to know what kind of lights are used for the instrument cluster? I want to change them to a diff color for the backlighting. I have a website that I think are them, but I need to know for sure before I buy them. Here is the link, they are at the very bottom. 74 light bulbs, i think....

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-b...e/commerce.cgi

well, the link isn't acting right. here is a pic:
http://www.superbrightleds.com/store...mages/74-2.jpg

and here is the description:
74 Wedge Base LED bulb
Small Wedge Base LED bulb (74 type)~ 2 lumen
3/16 inch wide base, 13/16 inch overall length
Flat tipped LED produces wide beam angle

try this:http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-b...i?product=LEDS

type in 74 at the top, and then go down to the bottom of the page and those are them...

Last edited by bbsccr01; 10-06-2007 at 08:06 PM.
bbsccr01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2007, 05:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 bbsccr01 is learning the way of the Dbbsccr01 is learning the way of the D

nevermind, I found out the answer by going to my local auto store.
Old 10-07-2007, 08:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 bluecivic101 smells like Boratbluecivic101 smells like Boratbluecivic101 smells like Boratbluecivic101 smells like Boratbluecivic101 smells like Boratbluecivic101 smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bluecivic101 Send a message via MSN to bluecivic101

^^ whats the answer?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

bluecivic101 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2007, 08:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

they are 74mm. wedge type.... I didn't get the ones on the bottom of the page, I got the 74's inthe mid of the page.
Old 10-10-2007, 03:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series soldier

I just want to let everyone know, that I got my bulbs in today and I installed them. Wow, they make a difference inthe day. I am going to wait till the night and really see how much brighter they are. I replaced every bulb with red,blue,green,amber, and uv. Looks good so far. I will try to get a pic.
Old 10-10-2007, 09:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
iOn

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

bump for pics
iOn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2007, 05:07 AM   #7 (permalink)

Are these the same size and the two bulbs in the heat control unit? Cuz mine always go out there and I think LED will last longer. By the way take some pics, I wanna see how it looks like
Niskyspy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2007, 10:42 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series lover

Send a message via AIM to hondacory

did you have to solder in the new ones or are they direct plug i did the full light up face ones on my ef and found they just twisted out i havent pulled the dash out of my ej so !!rep for pics!!
hondacory is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2007, 05:49 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondacory View Post
did you have to solder in the new ones or are they direct plug i did the full light up face ones on my ef and found they just twisted out i havent pulled the dash out of my ej so !!rep for pics!!
they are direct plug and play. spin the old ones out of the guage cluster and put in the new ones. no soldering...To be honest, I went factory colors, like green for the turn signals, blue for the high beams and red for SRS and oil light, etc. I reccommend not changing out the high beams. That bitch will blind you. Very bright, pretty but bright.

I also changed all my backlighting onthe guage to UV bulbs, and blue on the far outsides of the guages. I have blue/white gauges. I am looking for UV pens/ permanent markers and planning on coloring my needles with the uv marker. Thats one way to get colored needles. I will take pics when I get my car back. Maybe Friday, if all goes well.
Old 10-22-2007, 05:51 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niskyspy View Post
Are these the same size and the two bulbs in the heat control unit? Cuz mine always go out there and I think LED will last longer. By the way take some pics, I wanna see how it looks like
Ill take pics when I get my car, and I haven't had a prob so far with them going out. Ive only had them for a short while. Heat control unit, not sure what you are talking about. but they dont get hot, if thats what you mean
Old 10-22-2007, 06:59 PM   #11 (permalink)

hmm interesting
4banger4dr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2007, 07:25 PM   #12 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 14 1990reds13 is approaching greatness1990reds13 is approaching greatness1990reds13 is approaching greatness1990reds13 is approaching greatness1990reds13 is approaching greatness1990reds13 is approaching greatness1990reds13 is approaching greatness1990reds13 is approaching greatness1990reds13 is approaching greatness1990reds13 is approaching greatness1990reds13 is approaching greatness1990reds13 is approaching greatness1990reds13 is approaching greatness1990reds13 is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 16 reviews

i wish i could make mine brighter

Dont make me mad, ill punch you right in the armpit
1990reds13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2007, 11:01 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-series lover

how much time/money went into this project i was looking at one of the ebay specials. i was really liking the 05 style guages i might just go with those but idk
Old 10-25-2007, 02:52 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series soldier

I spent 50 dollars all together. I bought uv backlights and last night I bought uv stamp ink and I am going to cover my needles with the ink and it should light up pretty well. I will take pics of the cluster maybe friday. and pics of the needles with the uv ink whenever I get the ink. it didn't take but 20 minutes to change out the bulbs. I am pleased so far. pics coming soon
Old 10-25-2007, 02:55 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondacory View Post
how much time/money went into this project i was looking at one of the ebay specials. i was really liking the 05 style guages i might just go with those but idk
my gauges arent factory. I got the blue/white/red aftermarket gauges. and then change the light bulbs inthe back of your gauge to any color you want. thats what I did. but deffinitly get aftermarket gauges.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:05 AM   #16 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 14 crazyxzer0 is starting to learn the ropescrazyxzer0 is starting to learn the ropescrazyxzer0 is starting to learn the ropescrazyxzer0 is starting to learn the ropescrazyxzer0 is starting to learn the ropescrazyxzer0 is starting to learn the ropes
Send a message via AIM to crazyxzer0 Send a message via MSN to crazyxzer0

they are actually 5 #24 and 1 #74..

the climate control has 2 #74.

crazyxzer0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2007, 01:03 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyxzer0 View Post
they are actually 5 #24 and 1 #74..

the climate control has 2 #74.
what are you talking about. all the lights in the guage cluster, on the back, are #74. not #24. My cluster doesn't have climate control. You talking about the lights inthe dash behind the radio/as controls? If so, then you got me there. we aren't talking about that if you are.
Old 10-25-2007, 04:35 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 14 crazyxzer0 is starting to learn the ropescrazyxzer0 is starting to learn the ropescrazyxzer0 is starting to learn the ropescrazyxzer0 is starting to learn the ropescrazyxzer0 is starting to learn the ropescrazyxzer0 is starting to learn the ropes
Send a message via AIM to crazyxzer0 Send a message via MSN to crazyxzer0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbsccr01 View Post
what are you talking about. all the lights in the guage cluster, on the back, are #74. not #24. My cluster doesn't have climate control. You talking about the lights inthe dash behind the radio/as controls? If so, then you got me there. we aren't talking about that if you are.

no i'm positive its 5 #24 and 1 #74 for the rear. I JUST did mine. This is EG correct? You remove the bulbs from it's base and plug in the #24s and #74 into the bulbs.

I just added the climate control in case people change color and also want the climate control above the radio to be the same color.

it even says in this how-to to use 5/24 and 1 74

http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=661308

Last edited by crazyxzer0; 10-25-2007 at 05:02 PM.
crazyxzer0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2007, 11:39 AM   #19 (permalink)
D-series lover

rep to anyone that can tell me how to remove the grey peice on that dash i have been planing to do so but from what i can see i have to remove the entire dash and f that way too much work
Old 10-26-2007, 11:42 AM   #20 (permalink)
D-series lover

omg i totally didnt see that thread you posted ur a god rep for you!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in