Theft Proofing - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Audio/Electronics

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2007, 04:20 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Theft Proofing

Well I just put a new HU in my car and ever since my last HU was stolen outta my truck i've been curious whats the best way to theft proof a CD player? I've thought about welding up a bracket, but it would still have to be connected by bolts...kinda defeating the purpose. Anyone got anything? Oh yeah car is alarm is outta the ? for now so don't say it lol. Thanks ya
VTECNOOB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2007, 04:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 InvaderTrax is almost a somebodyInvaderTrax is almost a somebodyInvaderTrax is almost a somebodyInvaderTrax is almost a somebody
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to InvaderTrax

If you're worried about someone stealing it, and can't afford to protect it, then don't put it in

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
InvaderTrax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2007, 04:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 13 d fabulous is learning the way of the Dd fabulous is learning the way of the D

my suggestions if u don't want to relocate it.. weld that bracket up and use lots of screws or different sizes of bolts or screws...as soon as they that they will just bounce...

that or you will put so much into keeping it in there once they get in your car they are gonna trash the hell out of it trying to get it out and end up causing more damage then the stereo was worht

just take the face plate off and be done with it. if the faceplate doesn't coem off then screw it,

if it is a good stereo worth saving u should be able to afford a good alarm!
d fabulous is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2007, 04:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
It's that time again

Rep Power: 31 EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 55 reviews
Send a message via AIM to EJ1 SCRAPPIN

take the face off!

and if you cant then i prolly wasnt worth buying

Last edited by EJ1 SCRAPPIN; 10-01-2007 at 04:41 PM.
EJ1 SCRAPPIN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2007, 04:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
4 doors of fury!!!!

Rep Power: 20 dfanatic is the fucking MAN!!!!dfanatic is the fucking MAN!!!!dfanatic is the fucking MAN!!!!
dfanatic is the fucking MAN!!!!dfanatic is the fucking MAN!!!!dfanatic is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to dfanatic

theres no such thing as theft proofing. trust me i know. alarms dont work either.

you can take the face off. thats about all i can tell u.

my old ej was stolen twice and broken into several times. i had a fuel cutoff. and an alarm. i wasnt home. tow trucks get u every time
Old 10-01-2007, 04:52 PM   #6 (permalink)
It's that time again

Rep Power: 31 EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 55 reviews
Send a message via AIM to EJ1 SCRAPPIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfanatic View Post
theres no such thing as theft proofing. trust me i know. alarms dont work either.

you can take the face off. thats about all i can tell u.

my old ej was stolen twice and broken into several times. i had a fuel cutoff. and an alarm. i wasnt home. tow trucks get u every time
yup if they want it bad enough they'll take it jus like they did my hatch! i had the face plate w/me and they stole the whole car with alarm,fuel cut off and it came back stripped w/o the hu i had the face to!!!!!!!!!!!!

EJ1 SCRAPPIN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2007, 05:37 PM   #7 (permalink)

I always take the faceplate off. I like the bracket idea though, thanks guys!
Old 10-01-2007, 08:05 PM   #8 (permalink)
Premium Member

Rep Power: 41 Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Bizzar Send a message via MSN to Bizzar Send a message via Yahoo to Bizzar

That wont work. Down here if a thief can't get it out, they simply destroy it. Get an alarm. Yes I said it.

Bizzar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2007, 12:08 AM   #9 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 14 Eyal 951 is a name known to allEyal 951 is a name known to allEyal 951 is a name known to allEyal 951 is a name known to allEyal 951 is a name known to allEyal 951 is a name known to allEyal 951 is a name known to allEyal 951 is a name known to allEyal 951 is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Eyal 951

someone recommend a good alarm thats worth having.

2001 S2000 - Sold
Eyal 951 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2007, 11:14 AM   #10 (permalink)
n00b

A shitty Head unit and an ipod transmitter is a sure way not to get it jacked... just take the ipod out.
Wakaba is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2007, 01:50 PM   #11 (permalink)
Worst Mechanic Ever!

Haysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizzar View Post
That wont work. Down here if a thief can't get it out, they simply destroy it. Get an alarm. Yes I said it.
Exactly.

I'm gonna be brutally honest, making a thread asking how to protect your car but saying an alarm is out of the question is simply retarded. Put a mean ass dog in the back seat when you park? I mean, this is why they MAKE alarms. To prevent theft, and if you are intelligent, it can help. Relocated alarm with a backup battery, 2 horns outside, 2 horns inside to make their ears bleed.

Making your shit impossible to get out will only cause them to fuck your dash to hell, then smash your radio. Then you are out a dash AND a radio.

One last thing, and honestly, this is a flame, Why the FUCK can't you type out "question"? If you are so pressed for time that you can't type in english, please, DON'T POST.
Haysoos is my hero
Quote:
i make girls cry..and it gives me wood.
95 Civic Ex w/ d16z6
Exedy 11lb flywheel, Exedy Stg 1 clutch
OBX LSD (Installed by Transzex)
KYB AGX, Eibach sportlines
ES master kit

Did D-series help you?
Help D-series,

Haysoos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2007, 02:00 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

christopher_davis is about to kiss the skychristopher_davis is about to kiss the skychristopher_davis is about to kiss the skychristopher_davis is about to kiss the skychristopher_davis is about to kiss the skychristopher_davis is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 23 reviews

I'm so glad i live in between two cornfields right now. I leave my shit unlocked with the windows down all the time.

Sorry to hear about this shit guys. I have theiving MFR's

christopher_davis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2007, 02:10 PM   #13 (permalink)
Worst Mechanic Ever!

Haysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcano

Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher_davis View Post
I'm so glad i live in between two cornfields right now. I leave my shit unlocked with the windows down all the time.

I suddenly hate you and your damned cornfields. One of the reasons I haven't fixed my dents and put all the inside panels back on is I kinda like my car looking like a POS that isn't worth stealing...
Haysoos is my hero
Quote:
95 Civic Ex w/ d16z6
ES master kit

Did D-series help you?
Help D-series,

Old 10-02-2007, 03:03 PM   #14 (permalink)
The Master Fabricator

gpny It's a JDM Star Bitches....gpny It's a JDM Star Bitches....gpny It's a JDM Star Bitches....gpny It's a JDM Star Bitches....gpny It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to gpny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haysoos View Post
I suddenly hate you and your damned cornfields. One of the reasons I haven't fixed my dents and put all the inside panels back on is I kinda like my car looking like a POS that isn't worth stealing...
Me too!!! Sleeper FTW! and I keep my car under video surveillance!
Old 10-02-2007, 03:52 PM   #15 (permalink)

Never thought I would get flamed for using a question mark instead of saying question......I've got bigger things to worry about...lol I'm only 16 and new to this whole car thing so relax im learning! Again thanks for the input, I'm pretty sure the pennies are going towards and alarm now.
Old 10-02-2007, 03:56 PM   #16 (permalink)
Worst Mechanic Ever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTECNOOB View Post
Never thought I would get flamed for using a question mark instead of saying question......I've got bigger things to worry about...lol I'm only 16 and new to this whole car thing so relax im learning! Again thanks for the input, I'm pretty sure the pennies are going towards and alarm now.
You'll learn, I'm an asshole about people shortcutting typing. The people that type like they are in an AOL chat room don't learn SHIT cause we go grammer nazi on their asses. Our position is, if you want help, don't make your post hard to read. No, thats not directed at you, you're post wasn't hard to read, that question mark just annoyed me. lol

So why no alarm? Care to elaborate on that?
Haysoos is my hero
Quote:
95 Civic Ex w/ d16z6
ES master kit

Did D-series help you?
Help D-series,

Old 10-02-2007, 04:49 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series lover

Send a message via AIM to hondacory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haysoos View Post
You'll learn, I'm an asshole about people shortcutting typing. The people that type like they are in an AOL chat room don't learn SHIT cause we go grammer nazi on their asses. Our position is, if you want help, don't make your post hard to read. No, thats not directed at you, you're post wasn't hard to read, that question mark just annoyed me. lol

So why no alarm? Care to elaborate on that?
becuase his parents wont pay for it:haha: but dont ever make it hard to steal im not saying dont lock your doors because thats just why they have the locking system. If someone wants it they are gonna steal it my friend had a truck on baggs and he had it sitting on the frame "illigally parked" according to the towtruck company and they hooked a chain to his front bumper ripped it off and then grabbed onto the hook and pulled it onto the bed ripping the back bumper off. the funny part is they would have legally done it all if they hadnt left the front bumper in the grass. long story short they payed for a brand new truck and all the equipment for it
hondacory is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2007, 05:31 PM   #18 (permalink)
FAMILY MEMBER #316

rattmann316 It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 18 reviews
Send a message via AIM to rattmann316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyal 951 View Post
someone recommend a good alarm thats worth having.
ANYTHING by DEI

my favorite is a 791xv so far

2 way paging
awesome range
turbo timer
programmable
you can add a GPS device to locate it if its stolen
etc...etc...etc...

you get what you pay for

New Whip: 94 DX Hatch w/ 64k original miles and no power steering.
Xbox Gamertag: Rattmann316
(if you tryin to get moked out in COD4)
rattmann316 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2007, 06:43 PM   #19 (permalink)
COOOOOOL BEAAANNNS

Chucksta It's a JDM Star Bitches....Chucksta It's a JDM Star Bitches....
Send a message via ICQ to Chucksta Send a message via AIM to Chucksta Send a message via MSN to Chucksta Send a message via Skype™ to Chucksta

Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher_davis View Post

not even that is safe. I live a half mile down a driveway between a lake and an Amish farm. Someone stole a three wheeler out of our BACK garage which is behind the house and never got caught. And we live next to a public water authority (the lake is theirs) and they didn't get anything on camera.

If you want to be really cheap you could always try a fake timer light to make them think you have an alarm till you get one.
Old 10-02-2007, 06:57 PM   #20 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

christopher_davis is about to kiss the skychristopher_davis is about to kiss the skychristopher_davis is about to kiss the skychristopher_davis is about to kiss the skychristopher_davis is about to kiss the skychristopher_davis is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 23 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucksta View Post
not even that is safe. I live a half mile down a driveway between a lake and an Amish farm. Someone stole a three wheeler out of our BACK garage which is behind the house and never got caught. And we live next to a public water authority (the lake is theirs) and they didn't get anything on camera.

If you want to be really cheap you could always try a fake timer light to make them think you have an alarm till you get one.
Amish huh? Ohio or PA?

I had a dirtbike stole before man. I took like 6 months and when they found it, it was 100% raped. It was sad. Sad thing is the dude who stole it from me only live 3miles away so I probably heard his ass riding it around somedays.

Whatever though I took him to court and got my money so I'm happy

Yes I've thought about the fake timer light, but it's a double edged sword because then people will think that it may be worth stealing so if they go for it there is no real protection.

christopher_davis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in