Broken Antenna - Ebay Antenna? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Audio/Electronics

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2007, 07:10 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 13 d fabulous is learning the way of the Dd fabulous is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Broken Antenna - Ebay Antenna?

So my antenna is broken and i was wondering if anyone knows if these hidden antenna's off ebay work any good?

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Hidden-AM-FM-Car-...QQcmdZViewItem

thanks

d
d fabulous is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2007, 08:45 AM   #2 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

as long as it is powered it will work well. i have used the powered ones before and they work great.
kzoobaggs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2007, 12:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 13 d fabulous is learning the way of the Dd fabulous is learning the way of the D

well i bought that one in the link i will write a review wheni get it!

d

Old 09-30-2007, 12:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 14 SLO SOHC  is accepted as part of the communitySLO SOHC  is accepted as part of the communitySLO SOHC  is accepted as part of the communitySLO SOHC  is accepted as part of the community
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Subscribed wanna know how well it works!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SLO SOHC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2007, 02:09 PM   #5 (permalink)

SOHCinWA is about to kiss the skySOHCinWA is about to kiss the skySOHCinWA is about to kiss the skySOHCinWA is about to kiss the skySOHCinWA is about to kiss the skySOHCinWA is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

They work.. We use them all the time on Custom Hotrods.... They dont work as well as a factory one however because they are not outside... And if you Hide it under the dash it will work even worse.. Up on the windshield should be ok..
SOHCinWA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2007, 02:48 PM   #6 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 SpoolinSol is starting to learn the ropesSpoolinSol is starting to learn the ropesSpoolinSol is starting to learn the ropesSpoolinSol is starting to learn the ropesSpoolinSol is starting to learn the ropesSpoolinSol is starting to learn the ropesSpoolinSol is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzoobaggs View Post
as long as it is powered it will work well. i have used the powered ones before and they work great.
werd; i will likely be using an amped antenna on my Sol... if i would of known more about these i would of completely shaved the antenna hole when i painted my car :cussing:

according to one of the other guys that works at the shop kzoobaggs works at, you just can't have metal covering the antenna... so just mount it under some plastic panel (the guy i talked to mounted it in the 3rd brake light housing of his EG coupe) i'm gonna have to get a little creative with mounting on the Sol...

baggs; any brands/etc. you recommend?

Last edited by SpoolinSol; 09-30-2007 at 02:52 PM.
SpoolinSol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2007, 04:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

hot damn SOHC ur up to 162 now... damn... i'm gettin hooked on this lil d engine... this is supposed to be my winter beater haha,....
Old 10-17-2007, 08:21 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Well i got the antenna installed and i put it in the top vent on my dash in my 93 civic coupe and closed the vent, i find it works just as good as the stock one but i still can't pickup an outside station that others can sometimes... couldn't get it before though either... anyways the local stations come in 100%... and i bought the block off cover on ebay till i get my car repainted and shave the antenna hole! i'm happy with it!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in