gauge cluster - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Audio/Electronics

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2007, 09:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 14 1990reds13 is approaching greatness1990reds13 is approaching greatness1990reds13 is approaching greatness1990reds13 is approaching greatness1990reds13 is approaching greatness1990reds13 is approaching greatness1990reds13 is approaching greatness1990reds13 is approaching greatness1990reds13 is approaching greatness1990reds13 is approaching greatness1990reds13 is approaching greatness1990reds13 is approaching greatness1990reds13 is approaching greatness1990reds13 is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 16 reviews
Default gauge cluster

is there a way that i can make mine look better? i have the white faced gauges in it now(came in the car) and i was wondering how hard it is to paint the needles orange?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Dont make me mad, ill punch you right in the armpit
1990reds13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2007, 05:59 AM   #2 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

i have tryed to do it with spray paint in a can and tehn a brush. it didnt come out to well and it weigh the needles down. thats the thing u have to look out for make sure the paint wont make the needles heavy because then they wont work properly.
d15bcx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2007, 06:13 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 14 Swipe'd smells like BoratSwipe'd smells like BoratSwipe'd smells like BoratSwipe'd smells like BoratSwipe'd smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Swipe'd

try paint pens.. u can just give it one swipe so not much paint will come out, n u can control where it gets the paint..

or u can swap it out n put a new clsuter in... like the EK Si or even an S2k... if u got the $ 4 it...
Swipe'd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2007, 06:50 AM   #4 (permalink)
"Wild Bush Appeared!"

GohanBurner is almost there....GohanBurner is almost there....GohanBurner is almost there....GohanBurner is almost there....GohanBurner is almost there....GohanBurner is almost there....GohanBurner is almost there....GohanBurner is almost there....
iTrader Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GohanBurner

Just buy a Si cluster...looks alot better

GohanBurner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2007, 02:56 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

I agree with the get an Si cluster, since its so easy to do with EK's. EG's dont have the cool options like that. I painted my needles flourescent yellow, it wasn't really hard, just use testors paint and take your time.
Special K is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2007, 03:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 15 vtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

I use the red sharpies permanent marker here.

This is what it look like at night time.

It light up red, not amber. I don't know why the picture look like amber but you get the point.

Last edited by vtec_bomber; 09-30-2007 at 05:03 PM.
vtec_bomber is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2007, 04:37 PM   #7 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 35 Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 17 reviews

not bad

"I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive."

R.I.P - Pat Primmer

Quote:
Beat them, cheat on them, treat them like shit and you'll get a hot woman that won't ever leave you. Women are a stupid breed that don't use fucking sense.
Black91CRXsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2007, 02:48 PM   #8 (permalink)

yeah the sharpie method works excellent
ripperbone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2007, 03:07 PM   #9 (permalink)

Rep Power: 14 greasemonky50 is obviously a regulargreasemonky50 is obviously a regulargreasemonky50 is obviously a regulargreasemonky50 is obviously a regulargreasemonky50 is obviously a regulargreasemonky50 is obviously a regulargreasemonky50 is obviously a regulargreasemonky50 is obviously a regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripperbone View Post
yeah the sharpie method works excellent
x2 im going to emulate the edm look for my cluster all amber lights with orange needles. sharpie work excellent
greasemonky50 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2007, 07:49 AM   #10 (permalink)
Im Bringing TSEXY Back!

Rep Power: 32 T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

I was just about to say Sharpie FTW! My buddy did his GSR gauges like that quite a few years back. I'm talking like 98.

Hella Flush.....Were waiting!

Xbox gamer tag: THErealTMACK
T-MacK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2007, 02:39 PM   #11 (permalink)

hahah def sharpie ftw. thats a new one i hadn't heard of. But how do you get the background amber? i took my bulbs out and painted them with orange glass stain paint. i think i heard something about putting orange film behind the cluster that looked amber during the day and wasn't dim at night...
d15bcx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2007, 02:45 PM   #12 (permalink)

Rep Power: 14 1990reds13 is approaching greatness1990reds13 is approaching greatness1990reds13 is approaching greatness1990reds13 is approaching greatness1990reds13 is approaching greatness1990reds13 is approaching greatness1990reds13 is approaching greatness1990reds13 is approaching greatness1990reds13 is approaching greatness1990reds13 is approaching greatness1990reds13 is approaching greatness1990reds13 is approaching greatness1990reds13 is approaching greatness1990reds13 is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 16 reviews

yea, how do you get the amber

Dont make me mad, ill punch you right in the armpit
1990reds13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2007, 06:17 AM   #13 (permalink)
Im Bringing TSEXY Back!

Rep Power: 32 T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Oh my god! Again you can do the bulbs with, you guessed it a Sharpie!
Again Sharpie FTW!

Hella Flush.....Were waiting!

Xbox gamer tag: THErealTMACK
T-MacK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2007, 10:39 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 14 HondaSteve smells like BoratHondaSteve smells like BoratHondaSteve smells like BoratHondaSteve smells like BoratHondaSteve smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

So, do you guys think model paint would be too heavy and make the gauges act all funny like?

00 ex coupe; 346whp/271wtq @21psi
HondaSteve is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in