JVC "Miswiring, check wiring then reset unit" - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Audio/Electronics

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2016, 05:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

JoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Default JVC "Miswiring, check wiring then reset unit"

I am a VERY patient guy, and I am about ready to murder something.

My wife and I both have JVC KD X250BT head units that are about 3 years old, they have both worked fantastic that whole time.

Before I traded my CRX I took my JVC out, and I took out the working, but kinda crappy panasonic head unit that came with the new CRX and put in my JVC. I had to wire it into the harness directly since the cars stock radio harness had been cut, so I just looked up a stock wiring color chart for hondas and installed it. It came on and started working for a couple minutes, all the speakers worked correctly, and were correctly positioned when tested with fader/balance, except the front drivers side, which worked but had super low volume.

I turned off the ignition, and slid the head unit into place, and buttoned everything up, assuming I would check out the speakers as I had time. Instead when I turned the ignition back on I got the miswiring error. That was nearly a week ago, and I have been working on it off and on since then, and this fucking error message is going to drive me to drinking.

It seems almost random, but I dont think the audio has ever worked for more than about 5 minutes without popping the message and shutting down, and it it seems to be working fine and I turn it off and back on, it almost always pops the message.

I have tested the head unit in my wifes car, running it for 30+ minutes at high volume, turning the key on and off several times, leaving it off and coming back half an hour later, it never gave the error even once, so I assume the head unit is ok.

I have checked the battery wire, the accessory wire, and the ground wire, they all have good solid connections and the accessory wire turns on when it should. Both the accessory and battery wire get 12.5-13v when the car is off and slightly over 14v when it is running.

I have pulled out every speaker and tested each lead individually and as pairs, every wire has continuity from the deck to the speakers, no wire has continuity with ground, no wire has continuity with its paired wire. All the speakers were out and today I put back in the rear speakers, a pair of 6 x 9" TS-695P Pioneers rated at 30w/230w and 4ohms that appeared to be in nearly new condition. I made sure the leads were wired correctly, checking both the factory wire colors and testing with low voltage to make sure the polarity was right, I cleaned and soldered the leads directly to the speakers to make sure there was no poor contact, and mounted them firmly. When tested at the head unit side there was no ground contact and both pairs had very close to 4ohms of resistance. I also made sure neither front lead was exposed or touching each other or the body.

I turned it on and played a 320kbps audio file off a USB drive and they sounded fantistic, clear and bright highs and as much low end as you could expect from open air speakers driven off a 20w per channel head unit internal amp. Played for about 5 minutes and they popped the check wiring code, I hadnt significantly moved anything.

I am seriously at my wits end here.

Last edited by JoelEspinoza; 09-25-2016 at 05:42 AM.
JoelEspinoza is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2016, 04:32 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 29 2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 49 reviews

Have you tried 4 different speakers in the crx? Since you put the head unit in your wife's car and didn't have an issue that leaves the speakers in the crx or something with the wiring/chassis of the crx.

I would wire up the headunit power and ground wires to a separate source. If that doesn't work then I would run new speaker wire to the speaker just as a temp for testing, even wire one speaker at a time to see if the issue comes back. Doing this hopefully will narrow down where the problem is coming from then it's just a matter of figuring out why.

PM me for obd1,obd2 & k-series tucked harnesses

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

all so do vtec sub-harness

MAGIC-WIRES FOR YOUR ENGINE HARNESS NEEDS

instagram @magicman9won4
2jzdreamin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2016, 06:13 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

JoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcano

The different ground and power source are a good idea, my next item on my list to try is running a local chassis ground and tying it into the wiring harness harness there in a 3 way, and a different power source couldnt hurt. Hell I have a spare car battery that I could just plug it into if need be.

I have been trying the speakers in pairs because I read somewhere that this error can pop up if the resiatance load is to far off balance between the left/right channels, so I figured trying one speaker at a time might throw the error for a completely different reason, although I am not sure if that is even true, so I should try them individually.

I doubt that this is because of a faulty speaker, since it has shown up when running all 4 speakers, when running just the front speakers, and when running just the back speakers.

However the front speakers were a mangled mess, they were 5 x 7 Pyles that had been crammed in there so badly the stock door speaker cover was jammed up against the surround and cone so it couldnt even move properly. I am sure this contributed to the fact that the drivers side was frozen in place and still cant move, which is why it produces so little sound. Also they were clearly garbage pyles to begin with, the cones are now so brittle that just touching them causes cracks and holes. So even though the rear speakers look new in comparison, and have the correct resistance, I suppose it is possible one speaker from both front and rear are bad.

I also ordered up a replacement JVC harness, it has been plugged in and unplugged enough that it is possible one of the connectors just isnt making a great connection to the head unit.

Old 10-14-2016, 03:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 20 the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!
the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

You may need to rewire and replace all your speakers. I have seen speakers that are grounding out cause a similar issue
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

92 teg ( new project)
Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys with d series motors under the hood.

R.I.P Pat PRIMMER! You will be missed.

RIP Paul Walker.
R.I.P. NN4S.
RIP Cali-N00b.
the hoove is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2016, 06:40 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

I have no clue what caused it, possibly wire proximity? But it is gone now.

Narrowed it down to the front right speaker wiring, and since it often popped up when sliding the head unit into place I started on that end. I started unwrapping the wiring and looking for any wire problems, but nothing was apparent, it looked factory original all the way up to where it splits near the gauge cluster. I visually and touch inspected both wires and couldnt find anything, so I turned on the head unit and it worked fine. I wrapped both wires in electrical tape, put everything back in the wire sheath and zip tied it back into place and everything has worked fine in the 3 days since.

So zero clue what the problem was, but I am happy it is gone now.

Now just have to work out a plan for a subwoofer I can afford.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in