HELP. No power to fuel pump D15B JDM swap - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Audio/Electronics

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2015, 02:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default HELP. No power to fuel pump D15B JDM swap

I have a 1994 Honda Civic ex, with a Jdm d15b motor in it. Here's what happened....So I drove home from work. Took my girl to work and then went to the store. Walked out of the store and tried to start my car. It cranked but didn't start. Towed it home. Realized my
Fuel pump wasn't priming so
I got a New main relay. Realized that it still wouldn't start and fuel pump still was not priming. Opened up the distributor cap and realized some ash in it, like white powdery substance. Decided to buy full new distributor and spark plugs. Tried to start my car and still only cranked and still no start. Checked all fuses and they are all good. However I used a circuit tester on the fuel pump connection and I'm not getting any power to it.... What could be this problem? Im at a stand still. Could it be my ecu? Im running a p05.... HELP .
ShellzzEH9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2015, 02:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 30 2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 49 reviews

At the main relay plug ground out the green/yellow wire to chassis real quick to see if the fuel pump primes. Remember the key needs to be in the on position.

My guess is that there's a bad connection from Ecu to main relay or no power to Ecu from main relay. It could be a bad ground to.

PM me for obd1,obd2 & k-series tucked harnesses

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

all so do vtec sub-harness

MAGIC-WIRES FOR YOUR ENGINE HARNESS NEEDS

instagram @magicman9won4
2jzdreamin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2015, 07:26 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 24 HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!
HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

First click this: Let me google that for you

Once you download & un-zip it (any uncompressing app), go to page 304 (11-114) for the flowchart on the fuel pump & main relay diagnostics. Page 1012 for ignition switch, 1035 for the ignition system. It will take far less time & money to do it that way they to toss parts at it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by HiProfile; 11-09-2015 at 07:29 AM.
HiProfile is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2015, 10:18 AM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

So what I did was jump the main relay with a paper clip. The fuel pump primed, however it didn't stop priming. Also I noticed I'm not getting spark from a brand new distributor I have purchased.
Old 11-14-2015, 10:22 AM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

The bad connection from ecu to main relay or vice versa is located where? I can't seem to find a ground everyone is talking about. I literally was driving my car then stopped at the store and then it wouldn't start. What could happen in that amount of time :/
Old 11-14-2015, 10:23 AM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2jzdreamin View Post
At the main relay plug ground out the green/yellow wire to chassis real quick to see if the fuel pump primes. Remember the key needs to be in the on position.

My guess is that there's a bad connection from Ecu to main relay or no power to Ecu from main relay. It could be a bad ground to.

The bad connection from ecu to main relay or vice versa is located where? I can't seem to find a ground everyone is talking about. I literally was driving my car then stopped at the store and then it wouldn't start. What could happen in that amount of time :/
Old 11-14-2015, 11:35 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 30 2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 49 reviews

Green/yellow a7 wire at the Ecu plug is the ground trigger to the main relay to turn on the pump.

There's all so two power wires at the main relay. A black/yellow and a yellow wire. The yellow wire has 12 volts all the time. The black/yellow wire is switch 12 volts.

The yellow/black wire is 12 volts out to Ecu.

The yellow/green is 12 volts out to fuel pump.

Black is ground.

A fuse could have blown causing your problem. Either Ecu isn't getting power form main relay or the Ecu to main relay trigger isn't working. The ignition switch could all be the problem.

PM me for obd1,obd2 & k-series tucked harnesses

all so do vtec sub-harness

MAGIC-WIRES FOR YOUR ENGINE HARNESS NEEDS

instagram @magicman9won4
2jzdreamin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2015, 01:10 PM   #8 (permalink)
n00b

ahhh the ignition switch the the part on the opposite side of the ignition. The spot where i put my key but on the left with 3 wires soldered? I have an extra one :P
i will try that most def! Thank you. I will see what happens
Old 11-14-2015, 01:52 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 24 HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!
HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellzzEH9 View Post
Download that manual and it will tell you EVERY STEP how & what to check for ECU/main relay/ignition switch wires. It even shows PICTURES on the pages I pointed out. Seriously it's probably taken you more time to write the last 4 posts than to download, open, and browse that manual.

As far as HOW/WHY it broke while you were in the store - it was probably on it's last leg, and while it cooled down a connector or solder joint finally cracked all the way thru. 20yr old Honda main relays have this issue.

HiProfile is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2015, 03:54 PM   #10 (permalink)
n00b

I did download the manual, checked those pages. I'm still thinking that it's my ecu
Old 11-27-2015, 06:15 PM   #11 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellzzEH9 View Post
I did download the manual, checked those pages. I'm still thinking that it's my ecu
Did you find out the problem?
ArceDaBoss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in