$1-2 Hobby amplifiers. - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Audio/Electronics

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2015, 01:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

JoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Default $1-2 Hobby amplifiers.

Anyone play around with any of these cheesy little ebay class D amps like the PAM8610 or the PAM8403?

($1.60 each) 1pc PAM8610 12V 2X15W Dual Channel Stereo Class D Digital Amplifier Modulo Board | eBay

($2.93 for 10, 30 cent amp anyone?)10pcs 2 Channel 3W DC 2 5 5V PAM8403 Digital Class D Audio Amplifier Board Beus | eBay

I read a few reviews on these and decided to grab a couple to play around with. They are really impressive for the size/price. I grabbed a pair of old Sharp 80/160w (Cp-dk257n) shelf speakers from my local goodwill for $7, and tested the 8403 with 3 AA batteries (~4.5v) and in my wifes 2007 ford escape I plugged them into my phone headphone jack and they were louder and clearer than her factory 6.1 radio. The 8610 I hooked up at home to the same speakers and a small 12v lawn and garden battery I had and they can REALLY rock.

I am not trying to say these are equal to serious hundreds of dollars car stereo amps, but they sound pretty darn good, and they are awesome for smaller projects. I am totally going to use the 8610 and the 2 shelf speakers in my CRX to make a little portable speaker set for my CRX until I can afford something decent.
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2015, 03:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 25 all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!
all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 19 reviews

How do you wire those in?

I use a cmoy amp for my headphones when I ride and when I travel. Makes a huge difference.
Audiophile Cmoy Headphone Amplifier High Quality Parts Made in USA Altoids Red | eBay

RIP SFC Dwayne Torres "Brother in arms"
RIP CALI NOOB
all_rice is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2015, 04:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

JoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcano

I suppose you could use one of these amps with the preamp outs on a car stereo, or maybe even just the speaker outs on a real weak deck.

I am just running a stereo jack from my phone into the left, the output to the speakers is on the top and bottom, and the power and off switch is on the left.

The outputs go to 2 of these speakers from goodwill for $7:

So since I currently dont have any radio in my car I can just set those in the back, hook the amp up to keyed 12v power, and plug the stereo jack into my phone when I want music.

Most of these little amps cant be used with a common ground on the outputs, so unless your headphones have dual ground wires you would have to rewire them for use with these. These are really small speaker amps.

My next project will be to put one of the 5v PAM8403 amps in my laptop and see if it helps my sound any. I plan to just put it right inline with the speakers, and tap 5v off one of the USB ports on my motherboard, wrap the amp up in a little tape, cram it out of the way inside the case somewhere, and put it all back together.

Last edited by JoelEspinoza; 10-17-2015 at 04:59 PM.
JoelEspinoza is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2015, 07:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cervan Send a message via MSN to cervan

this is some pretty neat stuff, i wonder if they would be worth trying on one of those cheapie bluetooth boomboxes with an extra battery pack.
cervan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2015, 05:10 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

This one is $15, but it is 50w+50w acts as a 4.0 bluetooth reciever and accepts 8-24v power input: TDA7492P 50W 50W Wireless Bluetooth 4 0 Audio Receiver Digital Amplifier Board | eBay

If you can deal with only 2 speakers it does everything I would ask from a basic car stereo head unit, which is pretty much play stuff from my phone.

Toss in a set of thrift store shelf speakers and any 12v battery, perhaps 4 old cell phone batteries wired in parallel and a 12v trickle charger, or 6-16 standard 1.5v batteries (AAA-D) and you are in business for a portable setup.

Or just wire it to a 12v lighter plug and set it on your roof when you want to rock out tailgate style.

There is a few instructables around about making your own tiny boombox with various little amps.

Last edited by JoelEspinoza; 10-18-2015 at 05:32 AM.
JoelEspinoza is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2015, 07:23 AM   #6 (permalink)
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11

Rep Power: 28 shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to shoebox_civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelEspinoza View Post
This one is $15, but it is 50w+50w acts as a 4.0 bluetooth reciever and accepts 8-24v power input: TDA7492P 50W 50W Wireless Bluetooth 4 0 Audio Receiver Digital Amplifier Board | eBay

If you can deal with only 2 speakers it does everything I would ask from a basic car stereo head unit, which is pretty much play stuff from my phone.

Toss in a set of thrift store shelf speakers and any 12v battery, perhaps 4 old cell phone batteries wired in parallel and a 12v trickle charger, or 6-16 standard 1.5v batteries (AAA-D) and you are in business for a portable setup.

Or just wire it to a 12v lighter plug and set it on your roof when you want to rock out tailgate style.

There is a few instructables around about making your own tiny boombox with various little amps.
I bought one of the pre-made units based on this style of chip (the Lepy LP-2024a+) and bought some cheap ebay enclosures for two 4" car speakers I had laying around. with a 5/8"s port hole drilled into each it sounds pretty damn good for how small it is
90 Skyline GT-R - HKS Drager exhaust, RSR downpipe, metal wheel turbos
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
shoebox_civic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2015, 10:03 AM   #7 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

Its funny, when I see one of those, I see a "manual knock sensor board" lol!!!!

Ear buds that would fit inside of a helmet and a Bosch 3 wire knock sensor +/- w shielding. Done!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2015, 10:39 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

007 is hot as a volcano007 is hot as a volcano007 is hot as a volcano007 is hot as a volcano007 is hot as a volcano007 is hot as a volcano007 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

Heh. I've wired a Delphi flat response knock sensor to my head unit.
Old 10-18-2015, 11:54 AM   #9 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 16 TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!
TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

https://www.d-series.org/forums/engin...ml#post2549106

There you go 007
TheToaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2015, 11:56 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerD View Post
Its funny, when I see one of those, I see a "manual knock sensor board" lol!!!!

Ear buds that would fit inside of a helmet and a Bosch 3 wire knock sensor +/- w shielding. Done!
Could be interesting to see how they work, hell if you were only doing one channel you could feed the outputs on one into the inputs on the next.

Dont know how well that would work, but for 30 cents each it isnt exactly a huge risk...
Old 10-18-2015, 12:16 PM   #11 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

I used one that was basically the same thing and at the end of the day I switched back to the tube and canister method with stethoscope ear pieces. Just cant beat it, imho.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in