I hate asking for help but I'd really like to roll my driver's side window down...... - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Audio/Electronics

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2015, 01:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 30 BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BigJnWorldWide Send a message via Yahoo to BigJnWorldWide
Default I hate asking for help but I'd really like to roll my driver's side window down......

Well, I'm asking for help. Surprise surprise. This is on my 95 2dr. The drivers side window won't roll down.

-the passenger side window rolls down but only with the passenger side window switch.
-tested both fuse locations on the main relay for continuity. Both have continuity.
-I tested the passenger side switch connector for continuity. It has it.
-tested the drivers side switch connector for continuity. It DOES NOT have it.

There's probably something I'm forgetting to check. I only attempt to fix this every 3 months or so. I forget what I've done. I can't find my helms manual and can't seem to find a diagram that I can understand. Any help would be cool.
On top of that you have a special knowledge, an understanding of the complexity of the things happening. Others see you turn the wheel and push down on the gas, not you. You see a symphony of combustion and physics. You see a balance between frictional coefficients, tire roll over, spring rates, and throttle. It's a beautiful thing to see all these components working in harmony, it's literally a ballet of force and mathematics!
BigJnWorldWide is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2015, 01:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

checked both fuses? check the wiring in the door jamb? take door panel off and check to see if its plugged in?
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2015, 02:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 30 2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 49 reviews

It could be a bad switch or it could be a broken wire inberween the door and chassis. The motor could all so be bad. You can test it by unplugging the motor plug and taking two pieces of wire one ground and one 12 VoLTS and touch to the terminals in the motor plug. It doesn't matter which is which. If nothing happens switch the wires. After switching the wires and nothing happens motor is bad.

PM me for obd1,obd2 & k-series tucked harnesses

all so do vtec sub-harness

MAGIC-WIRES FOR YOUR ENGINE HARNESS NEEDS

instagram @magicman9won4

Last edited by 2jzdreamin; 09-18-2015 at 02:05 PM.
2jzdreamin is offline   Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2015, 02:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 30 BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Send a message via AIM to BigJnWorldWide Send a message via Yahoo to BigJnWorldWide

Motor is brand new, one tested switches from other cars with working windows just to make sure. Sorry, I forgot to mention those.
On top of that you have a special knowledge, an understanding of the complexity of the things happening. Others see you turn the wheel and push down on the gas, not you. You see a symphony of combustion and physics. You see a balance between frictional coefficients, tire roll over, spring rates, and throttle. It's a beautiful thing to see all these components working in harmony, it's literally a ballet of force and mathematics!

Last edited by BigJnWorldWide; 09-19-2015 at 06:41 AM.
Old 09-18-2015, 02:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

It is l plugged in but it is filled with that grease.
Old 09-18-2015, 02:13 PM   #6 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

I think its either a fuse, bad wire in the door jamb, or the thing isn't plugged in lol.

test to see if youre getting power at the motor, at the plug into the switch, and then at the door itself
koni yellow/gc coils

new 95 ej1.
Old 09-18-2015, 02:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo_eg8 View Post
I think its either a fuse, bad wire in the door jamb, or the thing isn't plugged in lol.

test to see if youre getting power at the motor, at the plug into the switch, and then at the door itself
I got no power at motor. I couldn't get the test light probe into the connectors at the door. I'll try to figure that one out.

2jzdreamin, I'm broke and only have 2ft of wire. I'll have to wait until next week but then I'll try wiring it straight to the battery.
Old 09-18-2015, 02:21 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 30 2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Any wire will work and you only need enough to go from the under dash fuse box to the motor plug and a piece to ground.

instagram @magicman9won4
Old 09-18-2015, 02:25 PM   #9 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

you said your driver side switch wont roll the passenger side down? if you passenger has power, that means the ground is good, and its plugged into the driver side plug that also plugs into the fuse box, so that leaves the door jamb plug or the door wiring

I may have another door wire harness laying around that has the power mirrors cut off. if you figure out that's the issue, its yours.
koni yellow/gc coils

new 95 ej1.

Last edited by slo_eg8; 09-18-2015 at 02:29 PM.
Old 09-18-2015, 02:39 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2jzdreamin View Post
Any wire will work and you only need enough to go from the under dash fuse box to the motor plug and a piece to ground.
Gotcha. I think i have enough to get that done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo_eg8 View Post
you said your driver side switch wont roll the passenger side down? if you passenger has power, that means the ground is good, and its plugged into the driver side plug that also plugs into the fuse box, so that leaves the door jamb plug or the door wiring

I may have another door wire harness laying around that has the power mirrors cut off. if you figure out that's the issue, its yours.
Correct, the drivers side switch will not roll the passenger side down. I think you may be right about the door wiring. I'm not sure if it's that junction or not. I'm gonna try to take the door off of the hinges tomorrow morning to make it easier. I can't test that wiring junction.
Old 09-18-2015, 02:52 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Yea it's most likely a broken wire or two in the door plug between the door and body. It's a pain to find.

instagram @magicman9won4
Old 09-18-2015, 03:52 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Quote:
Yea it's most likely a broken wire or two in the door plug between the door and body. It's a pain to find.
I'll pull the car into the garage as soon as I'm done at my daughter's house. I couldn't really see how to separate the connectors at the junction.
Old 09-18-2015, 04:05 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJnWorldWide View Post
I'll pull the car into the garage as soon as I'm done at my daughter's house. I couldn't really see how to separate the connectors at the junction.
It's a pain in the ass. There a release tab you push down but can't remember if the whole plug has to come out of the door first or not. Taking the fender should make it easier to see and get to it.

instagram @magicman9won4
Old 09-18-2015, 04:05 PM   #14 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

youre going to hate this, but I had to reach into the door itself and finagle them apart from the inside.
koni yellow/gc coils

new 95 ej1.
Old 09-19-2015, 04:32 AM   #15 (permalink)
Two men shy of a group

Rep Power: 20 Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!
Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Quote:
It's a pain in the ass. There a release tab you push down but can't remember if the whole plug has to come out of the door first or not. Taking the fender should make it easier to see and get to it.
On 96-00 the tab is on the top in the middle but without pulling the boot back I find it damn near impossible to press the little tab. Just grab the rubber boot and lift up to get it off the little nipples and do the same on the bottom then pull the rubber back.

There is a video on YouTube on how to repin these connectors, I think if you search c556 or c557 connector you will find it, these are the 96-00 specific (not sure if 92-95 used the same plug but it should be a similar procedure.

My advice, go to the junkyard and steal like 5 of these door plugs with at least six inches of wire. A lot of times they break right at the crimp so the only way to fix it is pulling the pin and get another from another connector with some wire attached then soldering together and heat shrink.

PS I'm glad to see my photo help g so many people out on the internet

turbo 99 ex sedan A/C build -

Alicia Aemisegger
Blu3 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 09-19-2015, 10:37 AM   #16 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

First check all ALL fuses.

I would try to power the motor manually with jumper wires, with the connector disconnected.

If the window regulator motor works I would try to bypass the switch and jump the wires to see if I can get the motor to work with the control circuit. If it works the switch is bad. If the master switch is bad the window usually wont work.

If the control circuit wiring wont allow you to control the motor operation, I would inspect the wiring for integrity. Usually it fails in the door jamb or from a bad mechanic not routing the wires correctly and them getting pulled on by the window going down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 09-19-2015, 11:25 AM   #17 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

Chris, you can fix the CRV after this is you want too, DS window motor likely burned out....

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 09-19-2015, 12:25 PM   #18 (permalink)
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11

Rep Power: 28 shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
Send a message via AIM to shoebox_civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex View Post
Chris, you can fix the CRV after this is you want too, DS window motor likely burned out....
new motor/reg assembly from rockauto for like $37.xx

just did the GF's CRV DS window today, the gearbox had so much backlash from wear you can hear the teeth slamming when you change directions with the assembly outside the door
90 Skyline GT-R - HKS Drager exhaust, RSR downpipe, metal wheel turbos
shoebox_civic is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2015, 03:07 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

I think you guys are right. I'm gonna have to take the fender off to test the one side of that junction. I've tried all weekend and this week to unplug that fucker. No luck yet.

I could pull the boot back pretty far but couldn't see all of the wires to see if any were disconnected. I'll pick up some wire on Friday so I can test the window motor too. I would be pissed if it was faulty from the box.
Old 02-19-2016, 12:56 PM   #20 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

I decided to jump back into this after the weather got nicer.

What I have discovered so far.

-Window motor is bad. I jumped it and couldn't get it to go up or down.

-tested both sides at the fuse box for voltage. No voltage on either side.

-tested both sides at the fuse box for continuity. Both had continuity.

-tested all the connections in the driver door just in case. Nothing has voltage or continuity except the speaker and tweeter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in