I keep leaving my lights on; no Honda jinlge - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Audio/Electronics

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2015, 05:38 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Rep Power: 0 ej_emilayy326 is learning the way of the Dej_emilayy326 is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default I keep leaving my lights on; no Honda jinlge

Every time I drive with my lights on during the daybreak/sunset hours, I always leave my lights on due to lack of reminder. My "Honda jingle" doesn't seem to be working. It's all hooked into my driver door I believe (this is what I have come down too). I have check all of the fuses etc. Everything should be in proper working order, and the thing that tells if the door is open/closed is not blocked.

The lights jingle, key jingle, and over head light dome do not work when the driver side door is open. Only when the passenger side door is open is when the dome light works.

So I guess my question is, what's next to check? The wiring that goes into the door maybe? I know when it rains, it tends to rain inside of my doors due to the lack of weather stripping on the exterior side. I also know that when I open my door when the radio is on, my speaker cuts in and out. Am I going to have to rewire the entire thing?

91' EF Sedan
95' DC2
96' CD5
95' EJ1

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ej_emilayy326 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2015, 06:05 AM   #2 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

the sensor for your doors isn't in the door, its in the body down by the bottom of the seat. its a pressure switch. its held in by 1 Phillips screw. google a Honda fsm for your year of car, download it, and do the trouble shooting. I wasn't aware our cars had headlight buzzers or door buzzers though.
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2015, 07:10 AM   #3 (permalink)
Tape-R taper/driver

Rep Power: 17 LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!
LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

I know my 4Gs don't have a buzzer for the headlights...but I did pull that damn door buzzer out of the CRX and smashed it with a 5lb minisledge!
'91 Civic Tape-R
'91 Civic Wagon RT4WD
'03 Astro AWD
LowFlyin' is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2015, 07:55 AM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

Rep Power: 0 ej_emilayy326 is learning the way of the Dej_emilayy326 is learning the way of the D

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo_eg8 View Post
the sensor for your doors isn't in the door, its in the body down by the bottom of the seat. its a pressure switch. its held in by 1 Phillips screw. google a Honda fsm for your year of car, download it, and do the trouble shooting. I wasn't aware our cars had headlight buzzers or door buzzers though.
Can do thank you. All of my vehicles have had the buzzers, so I have been curious as to why they haven't been reminding me.

91' EF Sedan
95' DC2
96' CD5
95' EJ1

Old 08-27-2015, 07:56 AM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowFlyin' View Post
I know my 4Gs don't have a buzzer for the headlights...but I did pull that damn door buzzer out of the CRX and smashed it with a 5lb minisledge!
I thought aboutdoing that in my '96 CD5, but now I am glad I didn't because I see the importance lol

91' EF Sedan
95' DC2
96' CD5
95' EJ1

Old 08-27-2015, 08:09 AM   #6 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

the 96-00 have chimes for key in - door open, but for 92-95 I think we only got the dome light on when door is open. hell, only chimes I get is for seat belt
koni yellow/gc coils

new 95 ej1.
Old 08-27-2015, 08:09 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 21 robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!
robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

get in the habit of looking back at your car when you lock it
robscrx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2015, 08:31 AM   #8 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

OR

https://www.d-series.org/forums/diy-f...eo-inside.html

2005 Civic EX Sedan (ES2)

You will be missed but not forgotten.

Quote:
I actually jerk off to my rep points, neg rep makes me thumb my bung, what now brown cow? I finished twice.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2015, 08:43 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series soldier

bumpstick is about to kiss the skybumpstick is about to kiss the skybumpstick is about to kiss the skybumpstick is about to kiss the skybumpstick is about to kiss the skybumpstick is about to kiss the skybumpstick is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 31 reviews

I would use a programmable timer like a PAC TR-7 and set it up to simply kill the headlight circuit after ignition has been off for a preset time, like 45 seconds. Fuck a chime, just make them turn off by themselves
Old 08-27-2015, 08:48 AM   #10 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 44 Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

^ I hate the chimes myself, that is a good idea right there. ^

Quote:
They stop laughing at your piece of shit when they can only see it through your dust.
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

You guys are gone but never forgotten, we live each day to the fullest for you, who cannot see the new day we often forget is amazing.

xbox gamer tag: angeloah
Whoshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2015, 09:49 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

rig a relay that is powered by ignition, and grounds when no ignition pwoer is present. hook the relays output to a lgiht or buzzer, and signal to a headlight or parking light wire

car off, lights on, it would output power to the lights or buzzer

BTW your buzzer should be working when car is off, key is in the igniton, and a door is open.

If not, either door switch is bad or buzzer is bad

DO NOT make the mistake of taking my wiring advice for truth. Research and verify. Im not in a proepr thinking mode. Been super busy at shop and relaxing on lunch break lol

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2015, 10:06 AM   #12 (permalink)
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11

Rep Power: 28 shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to shoebox_civic

5th gens don't come with them, neither do Del Sols.

I don't think tegs do either but I haven't driven my GSR in so long I can't remember
90 Skyline GT-R - HKS Drager exhaust, RSR downpipe, metal wheel turbos
shoebox_civic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2015, 10:28 AM   #13 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

I believe the jdm integras do as per deschlong, but he also said to use the 96-00 icm
koni yellow/gc coils

new 95 ej1.
Old 08-27-2015, 10:58 AM   #14 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoebox_civic View Post
5th gens don't come with them, neither do Del Sols.

I don't think tegs do either but I haven't driven my GSR in so long I can't remember

Good to know, I thought I was starting to go crazy. However, my '95 GSR did have the Honda jingle. I almost ripped that one out as well.

91' EF Sedan
95' DC2
96' CD5
95' EJ1

Old 08-27-2015, 10:58 AM   #15 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattliston View Post
rig a relay that is powered by ignition, and grounds when no ignition pwoer is present. hook the relays output to a lgiht or buzzer, and signal to a headlight or parking light wire

car off, lights on, it would output power to the lights or buzzer

BTW your buzzer should be working when car is off, key is in the igniton, and a door is open.

If not, either door switch is bad or buzzer is bad

DO NOT make the mistake of taking my wiring advice for truth. Research and verify. Im not in a proepr thinking mode. Been super busy at shop and relaxing on lunch break lol

Thanks for the tips, and for taking time out of your lunch break to help a poor soul like me haha

91' EF Sedan
95' DC2
96' CD5
95' EJ1

Old 08-27-2015, 10:59 AM   #16 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo_eg8 View Post
the 96-00 have chimes for key in - door open, but for 92-95 I think we only got the dome light on when door is open. hell, only chimes I get is for seat belt
Mine won't even chime for the seat belt. I do know that my car is a complete wiring MESS.

91' EF Sedan
95' DC2
96' CD5
95' EJ1

Old 08-27-2015, 11:01 AM   #17 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpstick View Post
I would use a programmable timer like a PAC TR-7 and set it up to simply kill the headlight circuit after ignition has been off for a preset time, like 45 seconds. Fuck a chime, just make them turn off by themselves
Kind of like the newer cars? I know the 98-01 Accords have them (probably all others newer than that too). I remember flipping out every time my friend would leave his lights on. I always thought it was a bad habit to get into though. Relying on a mechanical system to control your lights lol

91' EF Sedan
95' DC2
96' CD5
95' EJ1

Old 08-27-2015, 12:19 PM   #18 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by robscrx View Post
get in the habit of looking back at your car when you lock it
I did actually did this AM...but my headlight casings are so shot, that I honestly couldn't tell they were on. Thankfully someone else did. I have the passenger side, just waiting on the driver side headlight to get here.

91' EF Sedan
95' DC2
96' CD5
95' EJ1

Old 08-27-2015, 01:39 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 24 HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!
HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

I owned a 94 CX and currently own a 95 EX, 94 del slo VTEC, 92 CX, and 94 Integra LS. The Teg is the ONLY car that has a chime for the headlights (which I happen to like the sound of). All the rest only have a chime for the key in while door is open.

In that DIY link above you can hear what the key in while door open sounds: "bibibibeep, bibibibeep..." I also recommend the VW chimes, they're the least annoying I've found so far & easy to wire in.

HiProfile is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2015, 02:54 PM   #20 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

2 of my 5th gens had it. perhaps they were wired in or swapped in at some point. VERY possible. Yes, now that I am reminded, at least 6 of my other 5th gen ownerships did not have a lights on beep.

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in