Thinking of offering ground/power wire services! - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Audio/Electronics

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2015, 09:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews
Default Thinking of offering ground/power wire services!

Nothing is planned out yet. Testing waters a bit

I have in my hands proper tools and good wiring and copper terminals to start offering services for 0,4, and 8 gauge wire lengths and kits

I have had this idea floating around the depths of my beer-infested brain matter for a while now.

Im trying to get some feedback. Ideas about what to offer. Whether its a good idea, if there is a market, blah blah balh

What do you guys think? Should I offer a grounding kit? maybe an overall kit, with replacing important shit?

Here is what I have come up with to offer.

--Battery relocation wiring (NOT KITS)

--Battery NEG to chassis

--Tranny to chassis

--valvecover/head to chassis

--additional thermostat housing to batttery or chassis

--fusebox to battery POS

--fusebox to alternator

--battery POS to starter

FEEDBACK!!! FEEDBACK!!

I feel like we should all chip into the site in some way. I tend to be a smartass, make some mistakes, sometimes rude, but crude, but all in all, I try to help.

and I think the easiest (cuz Im lazy ) is to provide materials that would help any vehicle, even if it currently runs perfect. Put my nose down and get shit stirred up in a good way.

If something like this is wanted, I will go ahead and try to get the Admin's approval to start this. This is not part of a business, just me using some spare time here and there to try and help fellow honda owners with a good solid product that has proven to work when applied correctly.

On a side note, the only time 0 gauge is necessary is if you have MASSIVE bump cones in the back rattling your teeth out and need extra juice to fully dislodge them

-Matt

PS....BECAUSE RACECAR

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2015, 11:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 25 all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!
all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 19 reviews

There is a market. Maybe add the big 3 wiring also? Is it going to be just the wire insulation, or are you going to put sleeving on?

Sounds like a good plan.

RIP SFC Dwayne Torres "Brother in arms"
RIP CALI NOOB
all_rice is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2015, 01:33 AM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

I know I would be interested in purchasing something like that
damcreek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2015, 04:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

bumpstick is about to kiss the skybumpstick is about to kiss the skybumpstick is about to kiss the skybumpstick is about to kiss the skybumpstick is about to kiss the skybumpstick is about to kiss the skybumpstick is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 31 reviews

Post some pics of your work
Old 05-06-2015, 04:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 21 robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!
robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Don't think about DO IT
robscrx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2015, 04:38 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 21 robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!
robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

robscrx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2015, 04:45 PM   #7 (permalink)
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11

Rep Power: 28 shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to shoebox_civic

these are pretty easy to DIY, I suspect thats why "grounding kits" have really fallen off the face of the earth over the past 8-10 years
90 Skyline GT-R - HKS Drager exhaust, RSR downpipe, metal wheel turbos
shoebox_civic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2015, 06:17 PM   #8 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 20 the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!
the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!

did my own big 3(more like big 5) on my cb never had a battery or electrical issue in terms of my stereo. and I'm running 970 watts rms on the stock alt. no dimming at all.

92 teg ( new project)
Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys with d series motors under the hood.

R.I.P Pat PRIMMER! You will be missed.

RIP Paul Walker.
R.I.P. NN4S.
RIP Cali-N00b.
the hoove is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2015, 06:20 PM   #9 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 20 the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!
the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!

I do think if you make vehicle specific kits so they are plug and play those may be a better option. also different colors and of corse black. also give different options like copper or plated terminals and lugs also nylon sheathing for the baller look

92 teg ( new project)
Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys with d series motors under the hood.

R.I.P Pat PRIMMER! You will be missed.

RIP Paul Walker.
R.I.P. NN4S.
RIP Cali-N00b.
the hoove is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2015, 06:33 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

What I was thinking was offering kits for civics and integras initially, as I am most familiar with how the grounds connect.

I currently have no pics, the tools are at the shop and this sort of thing would be done on spare time. Some of you shop workers might know how that goes sometimes lol

I am using a hydraulic crimper that puts a clean 6 sided clamping force down.

Currently I have a spool of red 8gauge and a spool of clear/silver 4gauge. Of the 0 gauge, I only have around 10-15 feet in solid red.

I will ahve pictures and a kit of what I am gonna do on my own civic, once USPS delivers me some goodies

Keep this alive to keep some interest up.

Thanks guys! Hopefully I can get a few hours in next week, create a kit, showcase it a bit, and see what the prices can be. I dont plan on giving you guys Bisi prices for chinese shit lol

Build what you have!

Old 05-11-2015, 08:42 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Okay guys, got the green light from the admin team, and will be getting more involved now.

I am still waiting on a pack of terminals to show up.

Plan of action is to make all my wires for my car, and post some pictures of them and where Ive replaced wiring or added, so you guys get...

A) an idea of my work
B) an idea of where they are intended to go and/or replace
C) help me decide on pricing.

If you are waiting, I apologize for the inconvenience, but it will be around a month before I am confident and have enough "backing" to start offering these. I may shorten that up depending on how much time I get to work on these initially.

Another reason for waiting that long is so once I get your guys' opinions on what I am making, I will be working on stacking up on them, so you guys dont necessarily have to wait.

I will also be using this time to make my own notebook of info, like wire lengths, terminal counts, whether I should offer colors, whether I should offer some form of sheething, etc...

Thanks for any input in advance. Remember guys, this is not something I will be doing all day. This is one of those "I have SOME time at work to create these" type of things.

-Matt

Build what you have!

Old 05-17-2015, 12:24 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series G0D

SO my order for 8ga and 4ga terminals has been canceled. They said out of stock was the reason. Strange since their description of sale said there were 9+ quantities of the packs left and I ordered right away.

Anyways

4ga wiring will be available in your choice of red, silver, blue, or black. I currently only have SILVER

8ga wiring should have same colors, and I currently only have RED

I am doing my car today in 4ga with tinned copper lugs and using #6 washers for the small bolts so they dont damage the lug terminal upon tightening.

I took some pictures of the 4ga wiring before and after stripping, the lug uncrimped, and a final picture of the lug crimped on.

since this is a 6 sided crimp, it does create some flash on each side where it pinches the material (8ton hydraulic crimper yo)

I will try to remember to take pictures of my cars kit when I am done. I may use my Cadence 8ga for my own partial kit since I am probably going to be installing my supercapacitor kit (6x 350 farad caps on a circuit board, balancing circuit with charge LED indicators)

Build what you have!

Old 05-17-2015, 02:20 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 12 559civic_dx is hot as a volcano559civic_dx is hot as a volcano
559civic_dx is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 21 reviews

I'd be interested...I've seen someone who started doing something like this but their product look ugly. I do recommend using sleeving for cosmetic.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

my 1996 hatch build in progress

R.I.P. Pat Primmer
[B]R.I.P. CALI NOOB
559civic_dx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2015, 03:32 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Another thing that needs to be addressed is how people are going to hook to their battery.

The factory terminals dont allow bigger gauge wire to be bolted to it without looking like crap.

This means I can either leave it a crimped lug, or leave the wire stripped for their own use.

You guys that are interested need to add some input. I dont know exactly what to offer as a kit.

Here is the start of my beer-drenched brains lol. (gimme a break, its the weekend)

BASIC GROUND KIT
-VC or PS pump to radiator core support (replaces factory)
-Transmission to chassis (replaces factory)
-battery to chassis (replaces factory)
-battery to fusebox MOUNT on firewall (additional ground) (behind battery's corner)

ADVANCED GROUND KIT
-basic kit
-alternator to firewall (additional ground)

BASIC POSITIVE KIT
-Battery to starter (replaces factory)
-Battery to fusebox (replaces factory)

ADVANCED POSITIVE
-BASIC kit
-fusebox to alternator

FULL WIRING KIT
-advanced ground kit
-advanced positive kit

Prices are still being determined.

I welcome feedback.

Pictures will be up to show my work within the next few days. I want to finish my own car, get area cleaned up (car is horribly dirty), figure out where in the hell my terminals are coming from since Ive had 3 orders canceled due to stock issue, and show you guys the two wire types/colors I CURRENTLY have.

Friday I will be putting in orders for wiring.

This entire week is YOUR chance to tell me WHAT COLORS. WHAT GAUGE. WHAT TERMINAL/CONNECTOR STYLES.

I will most likely be offering nylon/cloth sleeving if I can find good bulk deals.

Remember guys. This sort of stuff is a good deal only when you buy in bulk. My kickass Cadence 8gauge wiring was under $150 for 300 feet. its also $20 for 25 feet. Big price change.

Why are not prices set yet? I ahvent gotten enough feedback. Im kinda letting you guys set a reasonable price, and I will determine on my own if it fits my personal cost. I am trying to make at least a 5-10% profit out of material cost at a minimum. Im not factoring labor/beer/pizza into that quite yet.

Build what you have!

Old 05-17-2015, 03:44 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 30 2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 49 reviews

I think you should use 2 gauge for battery to starter and tranny to frame ground.

If your covering the wire in sleeving or heat shrink you only need one color wire.this helps keep cost down. Red heat shrink can be used to tell the positive from the negitive.

There are battery terminals you can use. There's a few types of battery terminals. I'll have to look and see what would work best.

PM me for obd1,obd2 & k-series tucked harnesses

all so do vtec sub-harness

MAGIC-WIRES FOR YOUR ENGINE HARNESS NEEDS

instagram @magicman9won4
2jzdreamin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2015, 04:48 AM   #16 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 17 racejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcano
racejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2jzdreamin View Post
I think you should use 2 gauge for battery to starter
really I use 1/0 am I over kill thats what we always used on ovals forever
racejunke13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2015, 06:01 AM   #17 (permalink)
Two men shy of a group

Rep Power: 20 Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!
Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

i think this is a great idea but personally dont see it working out all that great but that might just be my thinking. i personally wouldnt buy anything like this unless i has money to waste or i dont have to tools or knowledge to do it my self, if your prices are fare and not priced to much higher than me putting a kit together myself then i might eventually buy from you.

i cant give you a whole lot of feedback on what sizes and and terminals to use because i dont know much, all i know is i would want all the stock wiring upgraded to the next larger gauge wire and any extra grounds probably like 4 gauge.

turbo 99 ex sedan A/C build -

Alicia Aemisegger
Blu3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2015, 12:13 AM   #18 (permalink)
D-series G0D

This project is put on hold. My car is in need of quite a bit of maintenance, so I wont have extra money to kickstart this.

Still havent gotten around to ordering any supplies either.

Sorry guys. My ambitions were a bit rubbish with this no start. My apologies.

Build what you have!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in