Turn key to on, fuel pump primes for 4 seconds then turns off. - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Audio/Electronics

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2015, 12:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
McD
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Turn key to on, fuel pump primes for 4 seconds then turns off.

just replaced my ICM in my dizzy, drove it around to find it was in limp mode so took it home and reset the ecu. now the fuel pump turns off after 4 seconds regardless if I try to start the car or not. I've checked all my fuses and I think I've checked all my grounding points. I also have been having the issue with the car stalling at stoplights when I'm under 7/8th's tank. my ECU blinks once then nothing. I replaced my ECU about a month and a half ago when I was having an issue with the automatic one giving my engine issues and swapped it out to the manual one it's supposed to have.
McD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2015, 12:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

check the fuel pump itself
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2015, 12:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
McD
n00b

could it be anything else? I can't replace it right now.

Old 04-16-2015, 01:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

check back up ecu fuse. or google "Honda fsm pdf"
koni yellow/gc coils

new 95 ej1.
Old 04-16-2015, 01:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AutoXCivic Send a message via MSN to AutoXCivic Send a message via Yahoo to AutoXCivic

The fuel pump should prime for a bit and then stop. That's normal. I fail to see the problem.

<--- Stolen

<--- Sold.

Quote:
barrel roll in airplane > barrel roll in nsx
AutoXCivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2015, 02:00 PM   #6 (permalink)
McD
n00b

my engine won't start, that's the problem. there is no fuel reaching the pistons.
Old 04-16-2015, 02:17 PM   #7 (permalink)
Never finishes (TWSS)

Rep Power: 18 Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!
Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

Doesnt it prime at twelve volts and run at six? If so it may be able to prime do to more power but unable to stay running to start the car and keep it running. To much drag on the pump or even that circuit not working. I think its the pump or main relay and the relay is sending the prime part but not the run part.
Old 04-16-2015, 02:56 PM   #8 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by McD View Post
my engine won't start, that's the problem. there is no fuel reaching the pistons.
um, check to see if there is fuel at the filter? its not complicated bro, stop making it. fuel in tank, fuel in pump, fuel in lines, fuel in filter, fuel in rail, fuel in injectors.....find out the missing component and repair. didn't know it would have to be barney style for you.

once again
1) google
2) search term "HONDA CIVIC FSM PDF"
3) click
4) download
5) follow instructions
6) pay me
koni yellow/gc coils

new 95 ej1.
Old 04-16-2015, 04:26 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Flip It's a JDM Star Bitches....Flip It's a JDM Star Bitches....Flip It's a JDM Star Bitches....Flip It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to Flip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evanguy View Post
Doesnt it prime at twelve volts and run at six? If so it may be able to prime do to more power but unable to stay running to start the car and keep it running. To much drag on the pump or even that circuit not working. I think its the pump or main relay and the relay is sending the prime part but not the run part.
Mine is at 12v all the time.... Except when the car is off lol.

Flip is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2015, 10:10 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series lover

I second that mine runs at 12 all the time too ha..even when the car isn't running it still runs.. Chuck Norris made this one ��. Do you still have the auto ecu? You could just throw it in real quick to check.. Also smack the main relay pretty good while trying to start your car and see if it starts.. When my main relay started to crap out it became more prevalent when it was warm/hot outside.. I am also assuming you have an eg body style.
lostdrizzle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2015, 10:37 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 5 jetrinka is starting to learn the ropesjetrinka is starting to learn the ropesjetrinka is starting to learn the ropesjetrinka is starting to learn the ropesjetrinka is starting to learn the ropesjetrinka is starting to learn the ropesjetrinka is starting to learn the ropes

Fuel pump should have 12 volts to it primed or when running.

If you are certain its a lack of fuel and not something having to do with ignition, and you hear the pump priming, its probably the circuit in the main relay providing power to the injectors. However this doesn't address correct fuel pressure. I've had pumps before on other vehicles make plenty of noise and do a whole lot of nothing.

Like suggested above smack the main relay while trying to start it. If it fires up, your problem is there.
jetrinka is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2015, 05:29 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

gearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostdrizzle View Post
Also smack the main relay pretty good while trying to start your car and see if it starts.. When my main relay started to crap out it became more prevalent when it was warm/hot outside.. I am also assuming you have an eg body style.
06 CGP TSX - 6 speed DD
gearhead98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2015, 07:51 AM   #13 (permalink)
Retired From Hondas

Rep Power: 37 Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Why is this in the Audio/electronics forum?
People try so hard to be unique, they lose their sense of style

Esotericimage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2015, 08:57 AM   #14 (permalink)

AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AutoXCivic Send a message via MSN to AutoXCivic Send a message via Yahoo to AutoXCivic

Because electrical issue?

<--- Stolen

<--- Sold.

Quote:
barrel roll in airplane > barrel roll in nsx
AutoXCivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2015, 02:26 PM   #15 (permalink)
McD
n00b

Issue Resolved. The pin for the wire going to the TDC sensor went bad. Re-pin, solder new wire, starts right up.
Old 04-22-2015, 02:27 PM   #16 (permalink)

Rep Power: 44 Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Cool, glad you came back with a resolution, nice.

Quote:
They stop laughing at your piece of shit when they can only see it through your dust.
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

You guys are gone but never forgotten, we live each day to the fullest for you, who cannot see the new day we often forget is amazing.

xbox gamer tag: angeloah
Whoshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2015, 02:29 PM   #17 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

Good follow up!

2005 Civic EX Sedan (ES2)

You will be missed but not forgotten.

Quote:
I actually jerk off to my rep points, neg rep makes me thumb my bung, what now brown cow? I finished twice.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in