installing an alarm to my EG? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Audio/Electronics

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2015, 08:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Post installing an alarm to my EG?

HI I am wanting to get an alarm for my eg for a while now Ive spent a lot of money and since its an eg I don't want it to get stolen. It might not really help it from that but at least something u know what I mean. Im thinking on getting the one with the Viper 5900.
but got questions if I should do it myself. or im thinking I might get a stereo shop to do It for me.

Okay its stock right now with the wiring for a SOHC V with ECU P28.
The plans are that I have a currently turbo SOHC V built for boost. I also have a newer hondata s300 p28 on the side. however I still need some other interrcoler etc/bov etc pipes for my setup.

im thinking if I get my alarm installed before I go turbo with p28 installed hondta s300 will that be an affect on the ecu? other stock wirings switches etc?

what parts of the harness needs to be modified when installing alarms.
I need to know what will be cut if they do the install for me do I have to worry about issues if I install my s300 etc later?

I can install some wirings but not like these alarms. im just curious if it will affect anything in near future modifying my vehicle. also ive heard the hondata s300 can do some things like set a gas pedal code before starting or whatnot. can you still do that stuff with an alarm? if I have an alarm can I do that feature also? etc...

I ask that is because I don't want to encounter any problems if I install the ecu etc?

will I be able to plug and play easily without any problems with my p28hondata s300? later. will have alarm now with stock but later might put the s300 ecu on there.

how about if I have the alarm installed what would be a sequence if I remove/install the battery of the vehicle?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by D-VXEG; 03-06-2015 at 08:55 PM.
D-VXEG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2015, 09:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

are you serious? does google not work where you live? if you are iffy about doing an alarm install by yourself, what in the hell makes you think you can do a turbo?

why buy and alarm and not install a few kill switches? why don't you google?

open wide, here comes the information choo choo train
How to Install a Car Alarm - 5th Generation Honda Civic EG
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2015, 06:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

bumpstick is about to kiss the skybumpstick is about to kiss the skybumpstick is about to kiss the skybumpstick is about to kiss the skybumpstick is about to kiss the skybumpstick is about to kiss the skybumpstick is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 31 reviews

Alarms scare people, but in reality they are pretty simple, especially on older cars that don't use CAN bus or MOST. I think the part that is confusing is what the wires actually do. Most of the connections are inputs. For example, constant, ignition, door trigger, hood pin, and trunk pin are all connected so that the alarm knows what is going on with the car. Door is open? The door trigger wire sends a signal to the alarm. Trunk open? That wire sends a signal to the alarm. Your other connections (door locks, trunk release, parking lights, etc) are all outputs, from the alarm to make the car do certain things. During lock/unlock, a signal from the alarm sends power (or ground) to the headlight circuit to flash the lights and simultaneously sends power (or ground) to the lock circuit to lock/unlock the doors.
The other stuff like siren, antenna, or shock sensor is just peripheral. It plugs directly into the alarm brain and does not interface with the car at all. So really, once you differentiate inputs from outputs, it will start to make sense to you. Figure that out and you'll be able to answer your own questions about whether an alarm will interfere with your new ECU

Old 03-08-2015, 08:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 0 colelmt is worse than Satan's assholecolelmt is worse than Satan's assholecolelmt is worse than Satan's asshole
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to colelmt

Took me a good 8-12 hours to educate myself and do mine myself
colelmt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2015, 04:33 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

AlanInFlipFlops It's a JDM Star Bitches....AlanInFlipFlops It's a JDM Star Bitches....AlanInFlipFlops It's a JDM Star Bitches....AlanInFlipFlops It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

When I installed my alarm I had never installed one before. The hardest part was getting up from under the dash to crack open a fresh beer. It's not hard and the instructions tell you exactly what to do. Think about the guys you see at your local "discount" car stereo/alarm place. Do you really think "those guys" can do a better job then you?
Old 03-09-2015, 05:33 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Start here

Vehicle wiring diagrams

. RIP

xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in