Ebay oil pressure gauge not working - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Audio/Electronics

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2015, 01:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 6 StuckInTexas  is accepted as part of the communityStuckInTexas  is accepted as part of the communityStuckInTexas  is accepted as part of the communityStuckInTexas  is accepted as part of the community
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Ebay oil pressure gauge not working

I bought a Ebay oil pressure gauge and hooked it up per directions.
at first I got a 120 psi reading but then after I grounded the sensor it reads 0. I have the gauge grounded and the power from the gauge to my accessories fuse. how do I get this damn thing working. it's screwed into my oil sandwich adapter from glow shift. It is an electric oil pressure gauge and sensorand sensor.

EDIT: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-52mm-Digit...item25773296a1

Last edited by StuckInTexas; 01-27-2015 at 06:58 PM.
StuckInTexas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2015, 02:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 30 2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 49 reviews

Move the sender to the stock oil sender. I think the sandwich adapter is your problem.

PM me for obd1,obd2 & k-series tucked harnesses

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

all so do vtec sub-harness

MAGIC-WIRES FOR YOUR ENGINE HARNESS NEEDS

instagram @magicman9won4
2jzdreamin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2015, 02:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
Retired From Hondas

Rep Power: 37 Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Glowshift gauges are known to have issues. Theyre cheap alure is why everyone buys them.

Decent cheap gauges can be found from prosport that actually work.

Try to swap the wires on the pressure switch. Ground and signal. Those cheap pieces of crap arent labled right.
People try so hard to be unique, they lose their sense of style

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Esotericimage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2015, 03:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

gearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Prosport are reasonably priced and are definitely not plagued with the issues of cheaper gauges.
06 CGP TSX - 6 speed DD

Last edited by gearhead98; 01-25-2015 at 05:22 PM. Reason: edit cause I'm stupid.
gearhead98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2015, 05:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
Retired From Hondas

Rep Power: 37 Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

never heard of proshift..

Im using ProSport's oil pressure and temp gauges and they work fine.

IDK about theor widebands doe

Old 01-25-2015, 05:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Ground the threads on the sending unit if it's a 1 wire unit

If it's a 2 wire unit then 1 wire goes to ground and the other back to the gauge.

Also note if the sending unit moves around alot it can vibrate and kill it.

. RIP

xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2015, 05:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

gearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esotericimage View Post
never heard of proshift..

Im using ProSport's oil pressure and temp gauges and they work fine.

IDK about theor widebands doe
Fixed it lol, meant prosport, not proshift.
06 CGP TSX - 6 speed DD
gearhead98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2015, 05:37 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 30 2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 49 reviews

Never heard of prosport. I've all ways used autometer and never had a problem.

PM me for obd1,obd2 & k-series tucked harnesses

all so do vtec sub-harness

MAGIC-WIRES FOR YOUR ENGINE HARNESS NEEDS

instagram @magicman9won4
2jzdreamin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2015, 07:02 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 25 all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!
all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 19 reviews

Prosport here. No complaints. I had to turn the opening beeps off though. So irritating.

RIP SFC Dwayne Torres "Brother in arms"
RIP CALI NOOB
all_rice is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2015, 06:00 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 6 StuckInTexas  is accepted as part of the communityStuckInTexas  is accepted as part of the communityStuckInTexas  is accepted as part of the communityStuckInTexas  is accepted as part of the community

It's only a 1 wire. I grounded the threads, but I broke off half of the bolt on the oil pressure sensor, there is a wire that runs inside of it. I'm thinking that since its not touching the inside of the bolt that I broke off, it somehow wont get a reading.
Gonna try to get it replaced from the vendor on Ebay, but the seem to be ignoring me.
Seems like I need to go out on my own and buy a new sender.
Any recommendations?
Old 01-27-2015, 06:34 PM   #11 (permalink)
Retired From Hondas

should be 1 ground and 1 sending wire.. Swap the 2 on the switch.. the markings on the switch arent correct.

I had GlowShit before. This is what i had to do as mine didnt work either.

Old 01-27-2015, 06:59 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

This is the one that I got 2" 52mm Digital Red LED PSI Oil Pressure Press Gauge with Sensor for Car Truck | eBay

I hooked up the sensor wire to the post, and wrapped a ground wire around it, because I couldn't get it on the threads, wasnt much left after breaking a bit off. Think that has something to do with it, or is it a bad sensor?
Old 01-28-2015, 02:47 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckInTexas View Post
This is the one that I got 2" 52mm Digital Red LED PSI Oil Pressure Press Gauge with Sensor for Car Truck | eBay

I hooked up the sensor wire to the post, and wrapped a ground wire around it, because I couldn't get it on the threads, wasnt much left after breaking a bit off. Think that has something to do with it, or is it a bad sensor?
Ground wire HAS to be on the threads. It doesn't work if it's on the tbody of the sender.

And if you broke then signal terminal. Then your need a new sending unit.

. RIP

xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2015, 01:47 PM   #14 (permalink)
Retired From Hondas

the same cheap sending units can be found at prosport or glowdhift

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in