One speaker quiter - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Audio/Electronics

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2015, 05:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 0 colelmt is worse than Satan's assholecolelmt is worse than Satan's assholecolelmt is worse than Satan's asshole
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to colelmt
Default One speaker quieter

(solved; bad RCA Cables)

Left front speaker much quieter than all others. Aftermarket amp and speakers. I plan to troubleshoot later. Any ideas where to start? Electronics are bugging me lately :P.

Last edited by colelmt; 01-23-2015 at 05:27 PM.
colelmt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2015, 06:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 25 all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!
all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 19 reviews

Wiring, rca cables, fade on deck?? Check connectons first.

RIP SFC Dwayne Torres "Brother in arms"
RIP CALI NOOB
all_rice is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2015, 07:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....
Send a message via AIM to AutoXCivic Send a message via MSN to AutoXCivic Send a message via Yahoo to AutoXCivic

I would put my money on cables before fade and/or balance. If it was the fade or balance it would be affecting a pair of speakers.

Some amps have some settings (gain, cut off, etc.) on them as well, but I feel those would have a more pervasive effect (at least a pair of speakers). Good luck ... I find electrical particularly vexing as well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<--- Stolen
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

<--- Sold.

Quote:
barrel roll in airplane > barrel roll in nsx
AutoXCivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2015, 09:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 0 colelmt is worse than Satan's assholecolelmt is worse than Satan's assholecolelmt is worse than Satan's asshole

sometimes it works... sometimes it pops, sometimes it is almost completely silent... wth... damn electricity. Thanks guys. Checked the connections at the amp like 4 times ... guess I gotta take apart my door again woo hoo! :/

D16Z6

EJ255

Old 01-23-2015, 01:43 AM   #5 (permalink)
Asshole

Rep Power: 53 Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 42 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Chrisfrom1986

I have the same problem on the passenger front of my eg8 but I have the stock deck and pioneer speakers in the front. Sometimes it works without a problem, most of the time its scratchy and a lot quieter. I haven't tried swapping the speakers yet to see if that could be it.

Chrisfrom1986 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2015, 07:11 AM   #6 (permalink)

AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....
Send a message via AIM to AutoXCivic Send a message via MSN to AutoXCivic Send a message via Yahoo to AutoXCivic

I haven't done much audio but I've dabbled. Isn't popping a sign the speaker is going? Perhaps a lemon?

How old are all of the components?

<--- Stolen

<--- Sold.

Quote:
Old 01-23-2015, 07:47 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Brand new JL speakers... Alpine amp... I think some of the stuff is still under warranty..

I'm thinkin' I might just go through everything today and just reconnect everything and tidy up the wires. I guess we'll see what happens

D16Z6

EJ255

Old 01-23-2015, 04:07 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series soldier

(Solved) bad RCA cables!

D16Z6

EJ255

Old 01-23-2015, 04:11 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 25 all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!
all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!

woohoo. if you ever upgrade the wiring, look into knuconceptz.

RIP CALI NOOB
Old 01-23-2015, 05:36 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series soldier

I got the Knukonceptz kit actually! its working fine. It only came with one set of RCA cables though... so I got a set off Amazon and those were the ones that suck..

Thanks guys!

These are the RCAs I got (IMBAPrice).. beware.. not too good for car amplifiers IMO. link to RCA Cables: click here

D16Z6

EJ255

Last edited by colelmt; 01-23-2015 at 08:09 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-23-2015, 07:17 PM   #11 (permalink)

Yay! Always good to see an issue fixed.

<--- Stolen

<--- Sold.

Quote:
Old 01-23-2015, 07:51 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Knuconceptz is tha shit! I may pick up their new battery terminals! Glad you got it fixed

RIP CALI NOOB
Old 01-23-2015, 08:16 PM   #13 (permalink)

Rep Power: 20 the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!
the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Those are similar to the A/V cables we use at comcast. That's what I used on my car

92 teg ( new project)
Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys with d series motors under the hood.

R.I.P Pat PRIMMER! You will be missed.

RIP Paul Walker.
R.I.P. NN4S.
RIP Cali-N00b.
the hoove is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2015, 07:40 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Yeah, they had excellent ratings on Amazon. But they don't connect good to my Alpine amp I have to wiggle them to get a connection which hasn't been lasting.. so more wiggling when it stops working.... Lifetime Warranty... so maybe I just got bad cables...

Thanks Guys!

D16Z6

EJ255

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in