stumped on nitrous wiring install - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Audio/Electronics

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2014, 10:10 AM   #1 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 TMSP is learning the way of the DTMSP is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default stumped on nitrous wiring install

So I have ran into an issue with installing the wiring portion of my nitrous kit
It is an NX proton wet kit.
The directions are contradicting themselves. Says " 1 blue and 1 black wire go to positive (+12v), green wire on the relay, and 1 blue and 1 black wire go to negative (ground)"
Theirs only one blue wire so would it be negative or constant positve.
I hooked the rest of the wires up like the diagram below shows but get no power thru the master switch (switch doesnt light up. I checked the abandoned blue wire n it has constant power. I tried calling NX a few times but it just rings n rings. Ima keep calling but id like to get this done before my bday on Saturday

How do I upload a picture from my phone?

Last edited by TMSP; 10-30-2014 at 10:16 AM.
TMSP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2014, 10:27 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 30 2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 49 reviews

To upload pics you need to use photobucket and upload the pic to that then copy and paste the link here.

Without pics of what your talking about its hard to tell you how it needs to be wire.

PM me for obd1,obd2 & k-series tucked harnesses

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

all so do vtec sub-harness

MAGIC-WIRES FOR YOUR ENGINE HARNESS NEEDS

instagram @magicman9won4
2jzdreamin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2014, 10:30 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 30 2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Is this the diagram you have for the nx kit?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

instagram @magicman9won4

Old 10-30-2014, 10:33 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

from that diagram it looks like the solenoid can go either way.
Blue to power Black to ground
or
Black to power and Blue to ground.

. RIP

xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2014, 11:23 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series soldier

13g-crx It's a JDM Star Bitches....13g-crx It's a JDM Star Bitches....13g-crx It's a JDM Star Bitches....13g-crx It's a JDM Star Bitches....13g-crx It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

A solenoid can be either polarity. All it needs is 12v and ground. It doesnt matter which is which.

13g-crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2014, 11:30 AM   #6 (permalink)

Yes that is the diagram!
The blue wire im talking about is not in the diagram. It is a blue wire come from the relay..
Everything else is wired exactly as the diagram minus the blue wire coming from the relay since it doesnt show. It has constant power going thru it.
Old 10-30-2014, 11:32 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSP View Post
Yes that is the diagram!
The blue wire im talking about is not in the diagram. It is a blue wire come from the relay..
Everything else is wired exactly as the diagram minus the blue wire coming from the relay since it doesnt show. It has constant power going thru it.
If that blue wire is in the middle of the relay plug it's not needed. Are you using the pressure safty switch?

You have 4 wires on the solenoid,2 blue and 2 black. One blue and one black wire get tired together and go to the green from relay. The other two get tired together and go to a good ground.

instagram @magicman9won4

Last edited by 2jzdreamin; 10-30-2014 at 11:35 AM.
Old 10-30-2014, 12:14 PM   #8 (permalink)

RELAY
Green wire is ran to my positive solenoid (not getting any power car on or off at relay)
White wire is grounded behind the ashtray coin thing (ground is good)
Black wire is connected to battery (constant power)
Blue wire has constant power and is not connected to any thing
Red wire is connected to activation switch (has no power car on or off)

MASTER SWITCH
has a switched 12v on top/gold connector (has power w acc mode on)
Middle connector is wired to the other side of the activation switch along side the red wire from the relay (no power car on or off)
Bottom connector is grounded same place as the white relay wire

Activation switch
Red from relay going in one end, other connector wired to middle of master switch
Old 10-30-2014, 12:20 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2jzdreamin View Post
If that blue wire is in the middle of the relay plug it's not needed. Are you using the pressure safty switch?

Ok. I will tape it up n get it out the way. No I will not b using a pressure safety switch so I grounded it like it says.

You have 4 wires on the solenoid,2 blue and 2 black. One blue and one black wire get tired together and go to the green from relay. The other two get tired together and go to a good ground.
I only have 2 wires on the solenoid. A red and a black. I grounded the black on the fuel filter mount (solenoid is in wiper cowl) n connected the red solenoid wire to the greenrelay wire but green is not getting power.
Old 10-30-2014, 12:27 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series G0D

The toggle switch had 12 volts going to it to the spot marked 12volts?

The middle spot of the toggle switch goes to the throttle switch. The other spot on the throttle switch goes to the red wire of the relay.

With the tiggle switch on and having 12 volts hit the throttle switch, you should hear a click.

The solenoids will not work with out the toggle switch being on and having 12 volts and the throttle switch being triggered.

The toggle switch could be bad. You can bypass it for testing by putting a wire from the the throttle switch to battery then press down the throttle switch and you should hear a click. The system needs both switches for it to work along with power and ground.

instagram @magicman9won4
Old 10-30-2014, 12:28 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:

RELAY
Green wire is ran to my positive solenoid (not getting any power car on or off at relay)

MASTER SWITCH
Middle connector is wired to the other side of the activation switch along side the red wire from the relay (no power car on or off)

Activation switch
Red from relay going in one end, other connector wired to middle of master switch

The blue wire in the middle of the relay is not needed.

instagram @magicman9won4
Old 10-30-2014, 12:43 PM   #12 (permalink)

I tested to see if it was the master switch n sure enough when I hooked up the button directly to the solenoid n battery it clicked! Off to get a new master switch! Thanks bien mucho!
Old 10-30-2014, 12:50 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Quote:

RELAY

MASTER SWITCH

Activation switch
know you fix it but just to recap.
The Black wire is power into the relay
Blue is your normally Close Power out
Green is your normally Open power out. It goes live when you apply power and ground to the white/red wire. When you do this the blue wire is no longer output anything.

Id use an RPM switch just to make sure it only sprays in the upper rpms. I know your using a WOT switch but you still cant hit the button until the rpms are up

. RIP

xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2014, 04:33 PM   #14 (permalink)
Retired From Hondas

Rep Power: 37 Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Woukd you be using hondata or neptune?

If so. You can use an output to control the solenoids when your parameters are met.

Just one of the finer qualities of having a decent tuning program. That and making sure you AFR are correct when your spraying.
People try so hard to be unique, they lose their sense of style

Esotericimage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in