anyone have an idea to make my reverse lights brighter? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Audio/Electronics

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2014, 06:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 0 p-m-b,95dxcoupe is worse than Satan's assholep-m-b,95dxcoupe is worse than Satan's assholep-m-b,95dxcoupe is worse than Satan's assholep-m-b,95dxcoupe is worse than Satan's assholep-m-b,95dxcoupe is worse than Satan's asshole
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default anyone have an idea to make my reverse lights brighter?

I figure I can either put brighter bulbs in the sockets, or I'm putting rally lights on the back of my car. I cannot see anything when I'm backing up at night.

I dont have spare trunk lights to play around with, and I figure it would look much nicer with HIDs or something brighter than the stock bulbs in there. Verus rally lights sitting in cutouts in my rear bumper cover.
p-m-b,95dxcoupe is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2014, 06:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

gearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Single LED bulbs, will help some but lenses are not clear so will only help a little.
06 CGP TSX - 6 speed DD
gearhead98 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2014, 06:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 32 Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

X2, LED works really good for reverse light....not all are created equal, shop around for good ones

Function > Form

RTFM!!!
Cali Noob is offline   Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2014, 06:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 7 slow4doorek is a name known to allslow4doorek is a name known to allslow4doorek is a name known to allslow4doorek is a name known to allslow4doorek is a name known to allslow4doorek is a name known to allslow4doorek is a name known to allslow4doorek is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

x2 on the leds. I have some on my car I've had for 3 years and no problem. I think mine are 64 led and that's almost touching the tail light lens lol its like having headlights on the back.

Edit: look up Sylvania bulb guide and put in your model and they have all bulb sizes on the car.

Quote:
Why would you wanna put pisswater in a new tranny?
[email protected] 1.9 60ft 1750lbs sedan y7/z6 notec head
stock block y7 265k and counting

[email protected] 1.8 60ft 1655lbs sedan y7/z6 head
vtec locked bisi stage 3 same ol block

Rip Pat Primmer.

Last edited by slow4doorek; 10-26-2014 at 06:44 PM.
slow4doorek is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2014, 06:56 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

gearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

This is the style I have, look like mini HIDs
06 CGP TSX - 6 speed DD
gearhead98 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2014, 07:35 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 0 p-m-b,95dxcoupe is worse than Satan's assholep-m-b,95dxcoupe is worse than Satan's assholep-m-b,95dxcoupe is worse than Satan's assholep-m-b,95dxcoupe is worse than Satan's assholep-m-b,95dxcoupe is worse than Satan's asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead98 View Post
Single LED bulbs, will help some but lenses are not clear so will only help a little.
I dont have any experience with the aftermarket tail lights for the 5th Gen coupe/sedans, do you think those lenses would be better? I was thinking about getting 50 / 50s but I wasn't seeing red top / clear bottom when I looked a while ago.

I'm gonna get the LED replacements for my tail lights and see if that helps. I have thick black tint to fight against too, I really have to figure something out. I gotta get out of my car to check before I back up, I dont wanna run anyone over.
Old 10-26-2014, 08:26 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 7 Grifty  is slowly gaining respectGrifty  is slowly gaining respectGrifty  is slowly gaining respectGrifty  is slowly gaining respectGrifty  is slowly gaining respect

I find that the normal led bulbs weren't that great, upgrading to CREE LEDs was a major improvement, the globe is like a projector led which is super bright.
Grifty is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2014, 08:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifty View Post
I find that the normal led bulbs weren't that great, upgrading to CREE LEDs was a major improvement, the globe is like a projector led which is super bright.
Thanks for the brand advice, I'll have to try them out. I have rally lights somewhere, they're probably in a box under a million other boxes tho. I really don't want to dig them out. I got a spare bumper cover too so I dont really mind needing to do it. But it will look goofy, and I don't want to have to find those rally lights because I know I won't be able to, I know I'm gonna buy an even better set, and then find the ones I already own like the next day.

I do kind of want do the rally lights, or atleast wire the reverse lights separately, so I can blind people who have their HIDs on while they're tailgating me
Old 10-26-2014, 09:48 PM   #9 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 22 HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!
HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to HondaDNA

7w CREE LED lights

First pic has one original bulb on the right

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Funny enough, Honda did a writeup on how to do that because it is one if the most difficult things to do to...

Last edited by HondaDNA; 10-26-2014 at 10:08 PM.
HondaDNA is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2014, 09:51 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

When I get it done I'll post the difference between OEM replacement and these LEDs, thru my tint. If I remember that I made this thread lol
Old 10-27-2014, 09:53 PM   #11 (permalink)
n00b

Rep Power: 0 deschlong  is accepted as part of the communitydeschlong  is accepted as part of the communitydeschlong  is accepted as part of the communitydeschlong  is accepted as part of the community

Bloody hell, getting rid of that damn tint should be step #1

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
to my DIYs for 92-95 Civics
|
deschlong is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2014, 09:56 PM   #12 (permalink)
Retired From Hondas

Rep Power: 37 Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by deschlong View Post
Bloody hell, getting rid of that damn tint should be step #1
People try so hard to be unique, they lose their sense of style

Esotericimage is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2014, 10:48 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

I like it though. Wait I've got a better one..

"guys, guys, what do I do? My oil pan got shredded on a little bump in the road. I dont want to raise my car up though"
Old 10-28-2014, 05:52 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 14 grayzee is almost a somebodygrayzee is almost a somebodygrayzee is almost a somebodygrayzee is almost a somebody
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-m-b,95dxcoupe View Post
I like it though. Wait I've got a better one..

"guys, guys, what do I do? My oil pan got shredded on a little bump in the road. I dont want to raise my car up though"
Install a 1/2" thick skid plate? Lol
grayzee is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in