"EG" Audio Console Questions - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Audio/Electronics

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2014, 03:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 32 Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Default "EG" Audio Console Questions

A little background, my car is deep in project status, one of the things I am going to do to it to complement the new drivetrain is add gauges, up until now I've dealt with the factory temp quasi-guage and idiot lights for the rest. Figure start off with either volts or amps, oil pressure, and water temp that shows actual temp. Plan then is to use an audio console to relocate the stereo and mount gauges in the original factory radio din slot.

So, I bought an audio console, seemed like a decent deal, and have since received it. Been sitting on it for a couple weeks or so and decided today to assess it (like, what stereo to mount in it, what to put in the ashtray hole, replace cigarette lighter with a proper power port, etc).

Would have been nice if it came with all hardware, but whatever, I can procure some from picknpull or whatever, not a big deal. I try to fit the cover to the console, wanted to see what it looks like:

I noticed there is a gap at the bottom around the cigarette lights/ashtray area

This is with the top of the cover flush with the cd player at the top and down the sides, looks like maybe it's been cut a little bit? A lot bit? Anybody more familiar with these consoles than myself have input here?

To me, it looks like either the cover is mismatched to the console or the cover has been chopped to the point of being almost useless, that's like a 1.5" gap at the bottom there, I guess I can try to make a filler panel for it but what I was really hoping for was a complete and functional console. Am I wrong to feel a little put-out here?

** I did a google image search prior to making this thread, I see their are a few different consoles....but....none with the huge gap at the bottom lol

Function > Form

RTFM!!!

Last edited by Cali Noob; 10-22-2014 at 03:15 PM.
Cali Noob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2014, 04:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

when it sits on the lower shift console, on the bracket, that's supports the weight, then you slide the skin over the frame and screw it in towards the back. it should pull the gap closed. have you test fit it in the car?
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2014, 04:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 32 Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

No, not yet, still trying to decide what stereo to run etc and noticed the gap

Function > Form

RTFM!!!

Old 10-22-2014, 04:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

yeah it should close up. it doesn't sit vertical when installed.
koni yellow/gc coils

new 95 ej1.
Old 10-22-2014, 04:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

We'll see, right now, the top and sides are flush against the cd player and it has that gap....I will wait til I get a chance to test fit it before I pass further judgement

Function > Form

RTFM!!!
Old 10-22-2014, 04:51 PM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

Rep Power: 0 deschlong  is accepted as part of the communitydeschlong  is accepted as part of the communitydeschlong  is accepted as part of the communitydeschlong  is accepted as part of the community
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

It sits flush on install. You can pull the missing ashtray from an older Prelude (rear seat).

to my DIYs for 92-95 Civics
|
deschlong is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2014, 04:58 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

So another audio console question, I will probably be able to better address this when I test fit, but thinking double din navi in the console like this:

Pic not of my car, probably won't use that exact head unit, but that basic idea, anybody done this? Easy to use down that low?

Function > Form

RTFM!!!
Old 10-22-2014, 05:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

my opinion, not my cup of tea. navi and things like that should be high in the field of view to minimize taking your eyes off the road.
koni yellow/gc coils

new 95 ej1.
Old 10-22-2014, 05:06 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Yeah, I do kind of like having nav in my other car tho, this would be the only practical way of doing it to one of our cars that I can think of, maybe stock location single din flip out but I just don't like those, would rather have gauges right there where I can see them too

** Also, that ashtray spot is too low to effectively use an afr gauge, isn't it? Probably better to have that up high where it can be seen as well

Function > Form

RTFM!!!

Last edited by Cali Noob; 10-22-2014 at 05:08 PM.
Old 10-22-2014, 05:07 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 6 DontGrabMeThere is a name known to allDontGrabMeThere is a name known to allDontGrabMeThere is a name known to allDontGrabMeThere is a name known to allDontGrabMeThere is a name known to allDontGrabMeThere is a name known to allDontGrabMeThere is a name known to allDontGrabMeThere is a name known to allDontGrabMeThere is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

I have an extra set of hardware and lighter extender sitting at my parents if you need it. I wanted to mount the climate control in the audio console and modify the original singal din to a double din thats another option but not as plug and play
DontGrabMeThere is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2014, 05:14 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Yeah, not plug and play at all lol, more like re-inventing the wheel. Could totally be done but would be a lot of work. even if it had a double din slot in the dash, I still want gauges up there.

I don't really care for them, but might have to go with a double gauge pillar mount as well as the single din panel in the stock stereo location

Function > Form

RTFM!!!
Old 10-22-2014, 05:15 PM   #12 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

what I wanted to do was lower the radio into the console, lower the a/c into the radio spot and put gauges in the a/c spot.
koni yellow/gc coils

new 95 ej1.
Old 10-22-2014, 05:19 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Wonder how hard it would be to move the radio to the console, climate to the console, then make a 5 gauge panel in the original radio/climate control area? Race car shit lol!

Function > Form

RTFM!!!
Old 10-22-2014, 05:24 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 9 firsteg is approaching greatnessfirsteg is approaching greatnessfirsteg is approaching greatnessfirsteg is approaching greatnessfirsteg is approaching greatnessfirsteg is approaching greatnessfirsteg is approaching greatnessfirsteg is approaching greatnessfirsteg is approaching greatnessfirsteg is approaching greatnessfirsteg is approaching greatnessfirsteg is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

i currently have a 4th gen prelude center console in my car. It has a double din in it that is in a similar position to the one you've posted.

i've got a single radio unit in the bottom of it right now and it is easy to use. granted I'm 6'4 and have fairly long arms.

i have gauges just above that and they are quite distracting. to look at they would be way better further up on the dash.

currently im playing around with a couple 7 segment displays in the optonal eg clock position. controlling is with a arduino and I'm planning on having it display air fuel and boost.

another option for air fuel is doing something like famerD where he used a boost gauge and relocated the displays into the dash board in one of the unused spots.

words from a wise man
Quote:
Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see.
RIP Pat

firsteg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2014, 05:35 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Yeah, like where the water temp gauge is....good idea!

Function > Form

RTFM!!!
Old 10-22-2014, 05:37 PM   #16 (permalink)
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11

Rep Power: 28 shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to shoebox_civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo_eg8 View Post
what I wanted to do was lower the radio into the console, lower the a/c into the radio spot and put gauges in the a/c spot.
that's the way to do it imo, but EG's you can always do the top vent pod
90 Skyline GT-R - HKS Drager exhaust, RSR downpipe, metal wheel turbos
shoebox_civic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2014, 05:47 PM   #17 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

theres:

gauge pod | Hatch Life

EG dual gauge Vent-Pod 92-95 Civic prototype with functional vent - Honda-Tech

Civic EG :: View topic - other gauge locations

"THE PROJECT" MI PROJECTO, 92 Civic DX, My goal is.... - Page 11 - ClubCivic.com - Honda Civic Forum
koni yellow/gc coils

new 95 ej1.
Old 10-22-2014, 05:48 PM   #18 (permalink)
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11

Rep Power: 28 shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
Send a message via AIM to shoebox_civic

on my 95 I cut the vanes out of the left side vent and put my boost gauge in there, bad idea, the wheel blocked my view.
90 Skyline GT-R - HKS Drager exhaust, RSR downpipe, metal wheel turbos
shoebox_civic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2014, 05:48 PM   #19 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

How To: S2000 cluster install in 92-95 Civic (pics) - Honda-Tech
koni yellow/gc coils

new 95 ej1.
Old 10-22-2014, 05:50 PM   #20 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 23 scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!
scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!

Or autometer dash pod

How to hook up turbo coolant lines

BUILD THREAD

Everyone has a little farmyard in them

scottdh20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in