2002 civic lx wont start - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Audio/Electronics

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2014, 12:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Unhappy 2002 civic lx wont start

okay so this is a really frustrating problem

Car wont start cranks all day but has no spark on any cylinders

new ignition coils and spark plugs

crank and cam sensors good

battery and starter are good

main thing i notice could be the problem is my immobiliser unit indicator light does not show up on dash when place the key in the ignition it usually shows up for a few seconds then goes away but as of lately i have not been able to get it to come on. ive also tried replacing the immobilizer unit itself but no luck

any way to test the main relays a wiring diagram would also be nice

thanks everyone
eskowolf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2014, 09:09 AM   #2 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AutoXCivic Send a message via MSN to AutoXCivic Send a message via Yahoo to AutoXCivic

What about the distributor? There's a unit that send spark to the coils/plugs isn't there? Are you sure that hasn't died?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<--- Stolen
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

<--- Sold.

Quote:
barrel roll in airplane > barrel roll in nsx
AutoXCivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2014, 09:29 AM   #3 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

Why would you mention the immobilizer key system... did you mess with it at all before this problem, when did the problem start?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoXCivic View Post
What about the distributor? There's a unit that send spark to the coils/plugs isn't there? Are you sure that hasn't died?
2002 civic has no dizzy COP setup.

2005 Civic EX Sedan (ES2)

You will be missed but not forgotten.

Quote:
I actually jerk off to my rep points, neg rep makes me thumb my bung, what now brown cow? I finished twice.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2014, 11:36 AM   #4 (permalink)

AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....
Send a message via AIM to AutoXCivic Send a message via MSN to AutoXCivic Send a message via Yahoo to AutoXCivic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerDrinkin View Post
Why would you mention the immobilizer key system... did you mess with it at all before this problem, when did the problem start?

2002 civic has no dizzy COP setup.

Well I know they don't have a dizzy in the same sense that the older ones do. But isn't there some sort of unit that produces the spark signal to send to the COP ... beyond the ECU and the CPS signal? Some sort of ignitor unit ... or is that all included in the COP and the ECU gets signal from the CPS and tells the COP to spark?

Looks like I'm going to get my learn on in this thread.

<--- Stolen

<--- Sold.

Quote:
Old 09-15-2014, 11:49 AM   #5 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

COP has igniter built into the coil. Gets the signal from ECU from cam and crank sensors.

About the immobilizer, when I turn my car (05 ex) to the "on" position the little green immobilizer key lights up (or flashes, can't remember) in the speedo area, what does yours do?

Quote:
I actually jerk off to my rep points, neg rep makes me thumb my bung, what now brown cow? I finished twice.
Old 09-15-2014, 01:53 PM   #6 (permalink)

Well I'll consider myself schooled then.

*Sulks off to some other thread where he might actually have something useful to add*

<--- Stolen

<--- Sold.

Quote:
Old 10-20-2014, 06:59 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Is your immobilizer key light blinking when you have the ignition on position 2?

edit: I skimmed again. If you replaced the immobilizer key ring than you'll need to get it reprogrammed.
shrimp-poboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2014, 08:48 AM   #8 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Good catch, I didn't read the part the first time about him replacing the ring around the key switch. If you replace it then it needs programming, or a bypass

Xenocron Tuning: Swapbox K-Series ECU Immobilizer disable unit

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
2002 civic, 7th gen, ecu problems, honda, immobilizer problems

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in