Best fm ant 94 civic - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Audio/Electronics

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2014, 01:15 AM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Best fm ant 94 civic

My factory ant sucks. Do all stock ants suck or is it just mine. What is the best replacement. I am open to factory location or inside. Thanks.
zc carb cam
z6 intake
2.25 exhaust
Neptune/Demon
122 whp

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
65impalass is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2014, 05:58 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

medinabard It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to medinabard

do you mean antennae?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

medinabard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2014, 06:34 AM   #3 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

Been thinking about getting an amplified AM/FM antennae myself.

Amazon.com : Kenson Electronics Shark Fin Amplified AM/FM Antenna Universal Style : Vehicle Audio Video Antennas : Car Electronics Amazon.com : Kenson Electronics Shark Fin Amplified AM/FM Antenna Universal Style : Vehicle Audio Video Antennas : Car Electronics

2005 Civic EX Sedan (ES2)

You will be missed but not forgotten.

Quote:
I actually jerk off to my rep points, neg rep makes me thumb my bung, what now brown cow? I finished twice.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2014, 06:57 AM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerDrinkin View Post
Been thinking about getting an amplified AM/FM antennae myself.
I've thought about it too, but would you want to drill into the roof to install it? I know my Audi gets incredible reception compared to my Honda.
FullOutPwr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2014, 07:37 AM   #5 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

The only other way is a stick on one that is somewhat invisible.

Amazon.com : Estone New Auto 12V Amplified Booster 35DBi Car Digital TV And AM/FM Radio Box Antenna : Vehicle Audio Video Antennas : Car Electronics Amazon.com : Estone New Auto 12V Amplified Booster 35DBi Car Digital TV And AM/FM Radio Box Antenna : Vehicle Audio Video Antennas : Car Electronics

Or stock look + amplified:

http://www.amazon.com/Metra-44-UA30-Amplified-Rubber-Antenna/dp/B0007WRQ8U/ref=sr_1_17?ie=UTF8&qid=1404833680&sr=8-17&keywords=fm+antenna+amplified+auto http://www.amazon.com/Metra-44-UA30-Amplified-Rubber-Antenna/dp/B0007WRQ8U/ref=sr_1_17?ie=UTF8&qid=1404833680&sr=8-17&keywords=fm+antenna+amplified+auto

Quote:
I actually jerk off to my rep points, neg rep makes me thumb my bung, what now brown cow? I finished twice.
Old 07-08-2014, 08:14 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 21 robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!
robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

has anybody tried the s2000 antenna
robscrx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2014, 03:23 PM   #7 (permalink)

yes antenna, it was really early.
zc carb cam
z6 intake
2.25 exhaust
Neptune/Demon
122 whp

Old 07-08-2014, 05:06 PM   #8 (permalink)

I am not absolutely apposed to drilling holes, it is the interior wire running that I don't like. I just want whatever I use to work. I would put a stock one in again if somebody can tell me it might be better than the one I have. I have found in the past that antenna amps don't work , are there better ones out now?
zc carb cam
z6 intake
2.25 exhaust
Neptune/Demon
122 whp

Old 07-08-2014, 06:49 PM   #9 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

I just went to autozone since the douche before me cut the cable under the dash. I yanked the whole thing out, sealed the hole and bought one off the shelf and installed it behind the dash. good reception, but I hardly ever use it since I have an aux port
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2014, 06:59 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 6 DontGrabMeThere is a name known to allDontGrabMeThere is a name known to allDontGrabMeThere is a name known to allDontGrabMeThere is a name known to allDontGrabMeThere is a name known to allDontGrabMeThere is a name known to allDontGrabMeThere is a name known to allDontGrabMeThere is a name known to allDontGrabMeThere is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

dont buy the ebay one that sticks to the windshield, tried it it worked ok but not better than stock maybe a little worse but at the time i was in the same boat as slo_eg
DontGrabMeThere is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2014, 07:16 PM   #11 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

I used a ebay one stuck it right ontop of the radio and worked great
Old 07-09-2014, 05:29 AM   #12 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerDrinkin View Post

I just bought one, i'll report back on how it works.

All suspension mods.
Old 08-13-2014, 07:46 AM   #13 (permalink)
n00b

For anyone still wondering, the antenna BeerDrinkin posted up worked like shit. It had much more static, and was not worth the time wasted on installing.

All suspension mods.
Old 08-13-2014, 08:10 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

did you pull out all 5 feet of it??

I really dont listen to the radio i have an fm ipod connect and just use that.
But i can tell you that if you dont pull out the whole antenna that the radio will suck on some stations

. RIP

xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2014, 09:41 AM   #15 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

^I was wondering about it, it looked janky so I did this one for my old 1991 toyota p/u. Worked better than the stock broken one

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0007WRQ8U/ref=asc_df_B0007WRQ8U3262203?smid=A3QWSZ44N8P3XH&tag=pgmp-86-100-20&linkCode=df0&creative=395109&creativeASIN=B0007WRQ8U http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0007WRQ8U/ref=asc_df_B0007WRQ8U3262203?smid=A3QWSZ44N8P3XH&tag=pgmp-86-100-20&linkCode=df0&creative=395109&creativeASIN=B0007WRQ8U

Quote:
Old 09-18-2014, 06:23 AM   #16 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 9 wvince will become famous soon enoughwvince will become famous soon enoughwvince will become famous soon enough

Is it an after market head unit? If so, I found you need a real good ground to clear up any electrical noise coming from anywhere in the car. What tipped me off to this is when the car was running, radio stations sucked and were of poor reception. Shut off the engine and just have the acc on, reception was good. Things like fuel pump, fan motor, blower motor, etc, can cause static in reception.

wvince is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2014, 11:43 AM   #17 (permalink)
D-series lover

I know the 96-00 sedans have the antenna mount on the rear windshield, its actually part of the windshield. But reception is bad so I'm also thinking to find a amplified antenna.
shrimp-poboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2014, 11:46 AM   #18 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

Chances are you are having grounding issues or some kind of connection issue with the antenna. Maybe a had HU.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2014, 05:02 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

gearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrimp-poboy View Post
I know the 96-00 sedans have the antenna mount on the rear windshield, its actually part of the windshield. But reception is bad so I'm also thinking to find a amplified antenna.
Correction 99-00 have the antenna in the rear window, 96-98 have the normal antenna.
06 CGP TSX - 6 speed DD
gearhead98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2014, 07:02 AM   #20 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead98 View Post
Correction 99-00 have the antenna in the rear window, 96-98 have the normal antenna.
You are correct, I do drive 00 sedan.
shrimp-poboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in