I need some more relays. What relays are you guys using? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Audio/Electronics

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2014, 02:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to The_Acid_Beaver
Default I need some more relays. What relays are you guys using?

I just recently found out that Tyco is now producing the typical boxy "Bosch" relays now and that the quality has not been maintained.

I am looking for something to support a smaller than 30A load. I think 15A would be enough. I would be ganging several together and while I can fit the typical Bosch relays in the spot where I want to connect them, I figure I'd ask if there was a more compact relay that I could use.

So, what can you guys recommend? Something that comes with a waterproof pigtail would be welcomed, as well.

I don't give a damn about my bad reputation.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The_Acid_Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2014, 08:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

bumpstick is about to kiss the skybumpstick is about to kiss the skybumpstick is about to kiss the skybumpstick is about to kiss the skybumpstick is about to kiss the skybumpstick is about to kiss the skybumpstick is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 31 reviews

when I used to install alarms I would collect all of the DEI door lock relays I didn't use. the part number is 451M. you could probably ask around at your local stereo shop or Best Buy installation bay and see if they would sell you some, or check eBay. they have a slightly wider footprint than a standard Bosch SPDT but they are a bit thinner.
Old 06-15-2014, 02:14 AM   #3 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll poke around online.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

Old 06-15-2014, 07:09 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 16 reviews

Beave, what about going the solid state relay route? They are faily inexpensive and typically incredibly reliable.

Also, these are a nice and tidy solution IMO:

http://www.waytekwire.com/datasheet/46094.pdf

snm95ls is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2014, 10:04 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 9 HB turbo--> smells like BoratHB turbo--> smells like BoratHB turbo--> smells like BoratHB turbo--> smells like BoratHB turbo--> smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

I always get my electronics from here:
Automotive/Power | All Electronics Corp.

They have some relays and sockets for cheap
Old 06-20-2014, 04:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Quote:
Originally Posted by snm95ls View Post
Beave, what about going the solid state relay route? They are faily inexpensive and typically incredibly reliable.

Also, these are a nice and tidy solution IMO:

http://www.waytekwire.com/datasheet/46094.pdf
That link shows a lot of REALLY expensive stuff. I am kinda not sure what you are pointing to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB turbo--> View Post
I always get my electronics from here:
Automotive/Power | All Electronics Corp.

They have some relays and sockets for cheap
Cheap is . . OK if it works, but I am looking for something a bit better than just cheap, as these are going to be exposed in a not so friendly environment.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

Old 06-20-2014, 05:15 PM   #7 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 16 TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!
TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Scosche DC 12V 30 40 Amp Relay 10 Pack w Metal Tabs | eBay
TheToaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2014, 05:29 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 16 SOHCitTOem is hot as a volcanoSOHCitTOem is hot as a volcano
SOHCitTOem is hot as a volcanoSOHCitTOem is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 20 reviews

I use resistor boxes and relays from the junkyard sometimes. Hit or miss but they are cheap and OEM quality if they have not been replaced.

built single cam.

track tool.
SOHCitTOem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2014, 03:39 PM   #9 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. =)

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in