Engine Harness Article - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Audio/Electronics

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2014, 03:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 16 TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!
TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Default Engine Harness Article

Motorsports ECU Wiring Harness Construction
TheToaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2014, 05:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11

Rep Power: 28 shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to shoebox_civic

interesting stuff, but hard to justify epoxy-filling wires on a honda civic

IMO, weatherpak stuff is the nicest and most available option for the hobbyist making their own harness, and I really prefer OBD0 honda connectors to the newer stuff since the round plugs seal much better than rounded rectangles
90 Skyline GT-R - HKS Drager exhaust, RSR downpipe, metal wheel turbos
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
shoebox_civic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2014, 12:00 PM   #3 (permalink)

Rep Power: 16 TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!
TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!

I got some eBay looming, for .50 a foot, we will see how nice it looks when it shows up

a pack of 100- shrink tube for 7$

and a pack of 180 grommets for $7

400 ft of 14 gauge $30

120 feet of 18 gauge

30 feet of silicon 10 gauge,

Some eBay solder

9 slot Blade fuse distribution block.

10 Metal Plate 40A 5 pin Relays $7

10 1N4001 Diodes

RadioShack soldering iron and helping hands from the closet

Assorted terminals from eBay ~$10

Crimper and a Stripper!

Making the Dash/Headlight/Cabin Harness and Fuse Box.

Looking for any info I can Find.

Old 05-09-2014, 12:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11

Rep Power: 28 shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to shoebox_civic

what's wrong with the OEM?
90 Skyline GT-R - HKS Drager exhaust, RSR downpipe, metal wheel turbos
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
shoebox_civic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2014, 12:08 PM   #5 (permalink)

Too many Un-used features,

I had chafed unknown, engine critical wires on harness from my ghetto tuck and didn't find until I de-loomed it all.

My Blinker made my fuel pump bounce around, altering fuel output,

Fuel pump power wire was weak.

I want a cut-off switch to engine components for safety/security, and the rear lights, for other reasons.

I got some supped up headlight bulbs

It's a great learning experience on one of the easiest cars.

I already have a harness from 2JZ for the engine.

My car is already Gutted completely.

Save Weight!

Last edited by TheToaster; 05-09-2014 at 12:12 PM.
Old 05-09-2014, 03:43 PM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

Rep Power: 0 Classified is learning the way of the DClassified is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheToaster View Post
My Blinker made my fuel pump bounce around, altering fuel output,

I want a cut-off switch to engine components for safety/security, and the rear lights, for other reasons.
The civic I am building now had some bung wiring a little while ago when it was on the road. Turn right more than 1/4 turn and the horn would turn on. Was great fun!!

I can only imagine that other reasons for turning of tail lights.
Classified is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2014, 08:15 AM   #7 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

If you do it TT, make sure you do a detailed write up.

I always wondered what you could do if you took the time to author something properly instead of just posting a slew of unfiltered and uncategorised thoughts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2014, 10:52 AM   #8 (permalink)

Hahah, me too.

It's usually a result of me trying to fill in gaps I find in published information for sake of easier interpretation for me.

Like not having all the legos to build the toy, so I throw out some random bricks to help, someone needs one here or there.

I'm not sure how I'd do a write up, as most the design is based off the Honda FSM, as well as techniques from articles I try to share.

I haven't been working too hard lately as I just got done with midterms and a horde of spider nests Hatched inside my car.

Which reminds me, I need to conclude and throw that C/R install into a pretty PDF.

I really really would like to see Bone take a Swing at it though. He has more XP. I guess actually documenting it is a different thing though. Too bad he doesn't live closer or I'd be watching over his shoulder like a creep. Probably you too though.

I fucking love learning.

@ Classified, Yeah I guess we can just be honest and say the back lights are for the pigs, as far as the horn, there is a Gyro-like switch under the wheel, If you've taken it off. Like on a bike for the brakes under the handle bars so you can do bar twists without wrapping up your brake cable.

Last edited by TheToaster; 05-10-2014 at 10:56 AM.
Old 05-10-2014, 12:23 PM   #9 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

Not so much a write up... a picture is worth a thousand words. Just take some detailed pics and a small description of how you got to that stage and of course if you hit any problems post them in there too so you can document a mistake to look out for.

2005 Civic EX Sedan (ES2)

You will be missed but not forgotten.

Quote:
I actually jerk off to my rep points, neg rep makes me thumb my bung, what now brown cow? I finished twice.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2014, 02:09 PM   #10 (permalink)
n00b

Rep Power: 0 Classified is learning the way of the DClassified is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheToaster View Post

I haven't been working too hard lately as I just got done with midterms and a horde of spider nests Hatched inside my car.

I fucking love learning.

@ Classified, Yeah I guess we can just be honest and say the back lights are for the pigs, as far as the horn, there is a Gyro-like switch under the wheel, If you've taken it off. Like on a bike for the brakes under the handle bars so you can do bar twists without wrapping up your brake cable.
What kind of spider you guys get in your cars in USA? We get huntsmen's all the fricken time!

Yeah we pulled the wheel off a few years ago and replaced it. One of the retainers was broken and was 'hanging' I guess you could say.
Classified is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2014, 06:33 PM   #11 (permalink)

Here's the spiders when they ran to the corner after I opened the door. They made a silk screen over the window and when I rolled it down, the wind caught it, whipping it up into a rape and carying away half of them. I'm just letting them get on with their life. If they hang around and become a problem, they will get hosed.

Hah

A document is only as good as it's kept,

Look at what happened to George Mendel, a large portion of his work was burned by the religious dudes that took his place when he passed, despite many of his ideas being ahead of his time, cause it was poorly kept, and only published on low key journals.

The Day DSO goes under all my work would be lost.

We need a HondaWiki.

I think I will post the rest of the info In my Dash thread in the Showcase, https://www.d-series.org/forums/showc...ters-dash.html

If anyone else has anymore articles or resources related to the topic, feel free to post.

Last edited by TheToaster; 05-10-2014 at 07:22 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
cabin, dash, diy, engine, harness

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in