Battery Relocation Questions - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Audio/Electronics

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2014, 09:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!
NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 51 reviews
Default Battery Relocation Questions

I'm thinking about relocating my battery to the trunk but going with a larger battery to support my 2 amps. right now I've got the stock battery, a 300watt amp for my front speakers and a 500watt amp for my sub. power drain is noticeable at higher volumes. instead of adding another battery in the trunk i'd like to just relocate a larger one. I'll be boxing it appropriately and running he correct gauge wiring to the front. I'm just wondering what size/type of battery would work best.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

NeonPinHead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2014, 10:30 AM   #2 (permalink)
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11

Rep Power: 28 shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to shoebox_civic

get a capacitor, batteries aren't great at taking shallow hits like you want it for.

and to answer your question, the biggest you can get.
90 Skyline GT-R - HKS Drager exhaust, RSR downpipe, metal wheel turbos

Last edited by shoebox_civic; 04-07-2014 at 10:33 AM.
shoebox_civic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2014, 11:22 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!
NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!
Default Battery Relocation Questions

I have a capacitor already. Ive been told that adding a second battery in the trunk would be better than any capacitor...

The biggest huh? Like an rv bus deep cycle battery i have sitting at the shop? lol

I was thinking of going with 0ga welding cable with the most strand count to run to the front.

Last edited by NeonPinHead; 04-07-2014 at 11:25 AM.

Old 04-07-2014, 11:25 AM   #4 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

I would upgrade your alternator to a higher output for your needs.

2005 Civic EX Sedan (ES2)

You will be missed but not forgotten.

Quote:
I actually jerk off to my rep points, neg rep makes me thumb my bung, what now brown cow? I finished twice.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2014, 11:26 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerDrinkin View Post
I would upgrade your alternator to a higher output for your needs.

This was an idea of mine also and was shot down in favor of adding another battery as well.

Old 04-07-2014, 11:37 AM   #6 (permalink)

Rep Power: 28 shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....

okay which of these is the problem:

the voltage drops when the bass hits but comes right back
the voltage drops when you're parked and listening to music for awhile
the voltage drops when your car is on+music for awhile
Old 04-07-2014, 11:41 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonPinHead View Post
I have a capacitor already. Ive been told that adding a second battery in the trunk would be better than any capacitor...

The biggest huh? Like an rv bus deep cycle battery i have sitting at the shop? lol

I was thinking of going with 0ga welding cable with the most strand count to run to the front.
like one of these is probably the biggest you can practically fit in a car

4D format.
Old 04-07-2014, 12:15 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Lights dim when bass hits. also when cooling fans come on voltage drops he worst but comes right back.

Old 04-07-2014, 12:17 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoebox_civic View Post
like one of these is probably the biggest you can practically fit in a car

4D format.
lmfao, weight is also an after thought

Old 04-07-2014, 12:51 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 9 Chinewalker will become famous soon enoughChinewalker will become famous soon enoughChinewalker will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

You dont need a bigger battery, you need a better one. Xs power for example. Also capacitors are garbage and useless.
Chinewalker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2014, 12:59 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinewalker View Post
You dont need a bigger battery, you need a better one. Xs power for example. Also capacitors are garbage and useless.
so ive heard regarding caps. XS power is a tiny battery is it not? I also want to be able to park and listen to the radio without fear of my car not starting.

Old 04-07-2014, 01:13 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
so ive heard regarding caps. XS power is a tiny battery is it not? I also want to be able to park and listen to the radio without fear of my car not starting.
the ultimate protection against that is to have a second battery you can isolate from your system and will never drain down, then switch it in when you need the extra power
Old 04-07-2014, 01:19 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Right and find a large enough amperage relay so it charges while the car is running but isolates it when the engine stops with an override switch

Old 04-07-2014, 01:24 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 30 2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 49 reviews

Optima red top,2 gauge to starter,4gauge to fuse box and amps and a 160 or 180 amp alternator is what I'm using with the same watt amps you have and I don't have a problem. I've even used the stock honda size battery with no problems. Hids,heat on full blast,music bumping.

So what I think you should do is upgrade your alternator and get a new battery.

PM me for obd1,obd2 & k-series tucked harnesses

all so do vtec sub-harness

MAGIC-WIRES FOR YOUR ENGINE HARNESS NEEDS

instagram @magicman9won4
2jzdreamin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2014, 01:27 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 9 Chinewalker will become famous soon enoughChinewalker will become famous soon enoughChinewalker will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Yeah capacitors are just bling. Xs power makes all kinds of sizes, stock civic size too. I have had a couple now, fuckers are heavy, and if you leave you lights on overnight your car will still start in the morning!
Chinewalker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2014, 01:28 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2jzdreamin View Post
Optima red top,2 gauge to starter,4gauge to fuse box and amps and a 160 or 180 amp alternator is what I'm using with the same watt amps you have and I don't have a problem. I've even used the stock honda size battery with no problems. Hids,heat on full blast,music bumping.

So what I think you should do is upgrade your alternator and get a new battery.
why not replace the 2ga and 4ga and just run one 0ga to the front? my amps are already on 4ga.

Old 04-07-2014, 01:31 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Also my car is just used mostly for driving to and from work. short drives so once in a while when I park it for the weekends it wont start on monday. but I have a battery charger in my garage to jump it. After that runs and starts fine.

Old 04-07-2014, 01:33 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Right and find a large enough amperage relay so it charges while the car is running but isolates it when the engine stops with an override switch
you could do it with just a diode and a SPST switch instead (the switch would have to be fairly beefy though)
Old 04-07-2014, 02:01 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoebox_civic View Post
you could do it with just a diode and a SPST switch instead (the switch would have to be fairly beefy though)
and so would the diode, which is why RELAY lol

Old 04-07-2014, 02:06 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
and so would the diode, which is why RELAY lol
yeah, but the diode and switch have zero current requirement to activate, giving you true isolation
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in