HELP!!! 97 ex keyless programming after battery swap, etc - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Audio/Electronics

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2014, 07:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 sheperd is starting to learn the ropessheperd is starting to learn the ropessheperd is starting to learn the ropessheperd is starting to learn the ropessheperd is starting to learn the ropessheperd is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Angry HELP!!! 97 ex keyless programming after battery swap, etc

PROBLEM NOW SOLVED

Ok so I got a remote/flip key combo online about 4 months ago. Monday I finally got the key cut, tuesday I moved the electronics over from my existing remote, on Thursday I got it all back together. After leaving the battery out for a couple days, and installing a new one since I had it apart, I am not having any luck now with the remote working. The little LED lights up, so I know it's doing something, and my other remote works just fine, (so it's not the radio, which didn't get touched anyway).
When I first got the remote back together, I actually just played with the option and lock button and got it to do lock but not consistent, (sort of like it was in a sequence mode of programmming, but had no clue what I was doing.
I have done everything I could find online, without any luck. I tried the possibly bogus ignition on/off press the remote lock or unlock 5X then point at the radio = FAIL.
Then I tried hold the supposed dealer fix, hold the little button on the radio procedure, (which was not fun since my radio is sunk in the dash behind my pioneer), till the clock turns off and doors lock, then press the lock on the remote and doors will lock. = FAIL.
HELP!! I NEED THE REAL PROCEDURE FOR REPROGRAMING THE REMOTE.

From this:

Transfer the electronics to the new case:

To this:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Without D-Series, and J&J Performance my wallet would be at the mercy of the dealership.

Last edited by sheperd; 04-11-2014 at 06:40 AM.
sheperd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2014, 11:29 AM   #2 (permalink)
nub
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 13 nub is a name known to allnub is a name known to allnub is a name known to allnub is a name known to allnub is a name known to allnub is a name known to allnub is a name known to allnub is a name known to allnub is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

This is out of the FSM. See if it's any different than what you've tried.

PatPrimmer
nub is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2014, 01:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 sheperd is starting to learn the ropessheperd is starting to learn the ropessheperd is starting to learn the ropessheperd is starting to learn the ropessheperd is starting to learn the ropessheperd is starting to learn the ropes

OK HERE WE GO.
1. I am able to press the lock button 5-6 times and get it to lock. But no unlock and not with a 1 time press.

2. I was able to hold the valet button on the radio (sunk in my dash, P.I.T.A.), and then get it to lock, and learned to continue holding the button and press the lock button and viola got it to lock. But still have to press it 5-6 times and no unlock. I noticed the unlock feature button goes to a dim LED, almost like a type of programming, and would only illuminate the LED fully after like 10 X.

3. None of this is making sense, any other insight fella's?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Without D-Series, and J&J Performance my wallet would be at the mercy of the dealership.

Old 04-05-2014, 07:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
nub
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 13 nub is a name known to allnub is a name known to allnub is a name known to allnub is a name known to allnub is a name known to allnub is a name known to allnub is a name known to allnub is a name known to allnub is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

If you put the remote internals back into the original case does it work?

What if you put your working remote internals into your flip key, does it work?

It may have something to do with your new case/key.

PatPrimmer
nub is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2014, 03:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Ok here is how I finally solved it, I did the procedure the 20th time + and extra couple steps:

1. Said a prayer
2.Turn key to II position.
3. Using my third wood skewer (2 already lost in dash, LOL), I pressed and held the valet button in my factory radio, (that is mounted in the dash behind my pioneer head unit), for 5 sec, doors locked.
4. While still holding the valet button, (and my iphone for light), I pressed the lock button on the remote, doors locked. NOTE: already got this far before.
5. Turned off the ignition and exited the vehicle. I pressed the lock button a few times to make sure it worked = it did, however the unlock was not working.
6. Got pissed off and pressed the unlock button like 20 times = now everything is working.
7. Restored the beep (horn) function when the doors lock/unlock.

Stoked on the new key combo for my old school 97!!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in