Budget front speakers? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Audio/Electronics

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2014, 07:19 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 7 dj_justice will become famous soon enoughdj_justice will become famous soon enoughdj_justice will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Default Budget front speakers?

So my front speakers in my 2000 civic coupe totally blow. I am saving money for my vitara build, but I want some cheap speakers that sound decent. Any suggestions? I usually go for infinity reference but they are like $60
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2014, 08:10 AM   #2 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

BiggieBert Still a JDM Star....BiggieBert Still a JDM Star....BiggieBert Still a JDM Star....BiggieBert Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 12 reviews

Walmart

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
you will get stuck in the "willfully ignorant" category and I will do what I can to see that you never get an answer to any question you ever ask on this forum again.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
BiggieBert is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2014, 08:34 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 7 rubenzzz will become famous soon enoughrubenzzz will become famous soon enoughrubenzzz will become famous soon enough

I bought some 6.5" x-plore (x-plode knockoffs) for $20 new at the swap meet. So far so good.
rubenzzz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2014, 09:53 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 18 snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!
snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!

im running some powerbass 6.5's and ive used alot of speakers. good for the money!
snailslow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2014, 10:19 AM   #5 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 22 HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!
HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to HondaDNA

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggieBert View Post
Walmart
This

I have some walmart 6x9's, pound pretty hard for $20 lol

Quote:
Funny enough, Honda did a writeup on how to do that because it is one if the most difficult things to do to...
HondaDNA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2014, 10:25 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 7 dj_justice will become famous soon enoughdj_justice will become famous soon enoughdj_justice will become famous soon enough

Cool Ill check out walmart tomorrow
Old 04-01-2014, 01:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 20 the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!
the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Walmart sells kickers pretty cheap now too.

92 teg ( new project)
Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys with d series motors under the hood.

R.I.P Pat PRIMMER! You will be missed.

RIP Paul Walker.
R.I.P. NN4S.
RIP Cali-N00b.
the hoove is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2014, 09:06 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 32 Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Amazon.com: Polk Audio DB651s Slim-Mount 6.5-Inch Coaxial Speakers (Pair): Car Electronics Amazon.com: Polk Audio DB651s Slim-Mount 6.5-Inch Coaxial Speakers (Pair): Car Electronics

I'm running these and a 50w deck, had to cut out the back of my factory speaker buckets, but it sounds good for what it is

Function > Form

RTFM!!!
Cali Noob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2014, 09:51 PM   #9 (permalink)
n00b

Walmart Sony 4-ways. Cheap and great.
collkid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2014, 04:54 AM   #10 (permalink)
Retired From Hondas

Rep Power: 37 Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Best buy has the insignia line for 20 bucks.

I used them when I got my ride and they werent the best, but they were better then OEM.

Im using Polk's now (got a deal at bestbuy for 40 bucks a pair) and the difference is night and day over the insignias.

Pay the extra money for decent speakers so you dont have to swap them out in the future.
People try so hard to be unique, they lose their sense of style

Esotericimage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2014, 05:18 AM   #11 (permalink)
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11

Rep Power: 28 shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to shoebox_civic

I've got the $40/pair panasonics in the back of my del sol and they're decent but not great
90 Skyline GT-R - HKS Drager exhaust, RSR downpipe, metal wheel turbos
shoebox_civic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2014, 06:03 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 Zer0DazE is hot as a volcanoZer0DazE is hot as a volcano
Zer0DazE is hot as a volcanoZer0DazE is hot as a volcanoZer0DazE is hot as a volcanoZer0DazE is hot as a volcanoZer0DazE is hot as a volcanoZer0DazE is hot as a volcanoZer0DazE is hot as a volcanoZer0DazE is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 12 reviews

I will put in another vote for the Sony speakers. They aren't great, but for the money they don't suck.

My car hates me.

Zer0DazE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2014, 05:01 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 6 HUFFING x GAS is a name known to allHUFFING x GAS is a name known to allHUFFING x GAS is a name known to allHUFFING x GAS is a name known to allHUFFING x GAS is a name known to allHUFFING x GAS is a name known to allHUFFING x GAS is a name known to allHUFFING x GAS is a name known to all

Ive been running some cheap Walmart Sony's for the past three years with no problems and I usually listen at a moderate to loud volume.

On a side note, anyone worried about weight will appreciate the 10" Kicker BassStation PT10. Its a 10" sub/box/amp combo that weighs in at 18lbs and sounds awesome in a hatch. Been loving mine, bit of a steep price though.
HUFFING x GAS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2014, 08:35 PM   #14 (permalink)

I like Pioneer myself. You can get a set of 6.5 for 60-80 on ebay.
NARFALICIOUS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in