Fan resistor/voltage box? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Audio/Electronics

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2014, 08:19 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Fan resistor/voltage box?

Hey guys sorry to start this thread but i am absolutely clueless and have searched alot about it and came up empty handed everytime. I got a 91 crx si and there is a big rectangular box to the left of the battery tucked down on the frame rail. It looks like a bigger injector resistor box but it has a triangular grey 3 pin connector the wires that go into the box are 2 red and 1 white. Any advice or answers would be great thank you.
LOVEMYED6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2014, 08:48 AM   #2 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 22 HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!
HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to HondaDNA

Pictures? What country are you in?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Funny enough, Honda did a writeup on how to do that because it is one if the most difficult things to do to...
HondaDNA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2014, 09:06 AM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Im in canada british columbia. Scince im a "n00b" i cant post pictures on this website but on google images if you type in "crx voltage regulator" it look identical to that but just 1 grey plug

Old 03-21-2014, 10:10 AM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

Anyone?
Old 03-21-2014, 12:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to The_Acid_Beaver

We need at least a link to a picture of what you are talking about.

I don't give a damn about my bad reputation.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The_Acid_Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2014, 02:54 PM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

this is the closest thing to it i could find but i know this isnt actually it. it doesnt have all these grounds on it just bolted to the subframe beside the battery with one 3 pin connector coming off it. 2 red and one white wire.it looks just like an injector resistor box off an ef but longer (more rectangular) and instead of a green 6 pin connector its grey 3 pin. I know quite a bit about hondas and i have never seen something like this before without being able to research it and find answers. is there a way i can post a picture of it i have it on my phone.
Old 03-21-2014, 02:55 PM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

crx voltage regulator - Google Search
Old 03-21-2014, 03:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 30 2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 49 reviews

To post pics from your phone you need to down load the photobuket app or something like it. Once you have the app,upload the pic(s) you want to post on this fourm,once there uploaded copy the IMg code then paste it here.

PM me for obd1,obd2 & k-series tucked harnesses

all so do vtec sub-harness

MAGIC-WIRES FOR YOUR ENGINE HARNESS NEEDS

instagram @magicman9won4
2jzdreamin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2014, 03:18 PM   #9 (permalink)
n00b

alright thanks will do. 2jzdreamin i think ive heard on some forums that you build harnesses? i got my whole engine bay stripped down for the so famous shave and tuck look lol. in need of a harness cause mine is chewed to **** and melted. just droppin a z6 in once painting is done.
Old 03-21-2014, 03:52 PM   #10 (permalink)
n00b

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p...psqhfpoeeh.jpg
Old 03-21-2014, 06:26 PM   #11 (permalink)

Rep Power: 22 HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!
HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
Funny enough, Honda did a writeup on how to do that because it is one if the most difficult things to do to...
Old 03-21-2014, 06:31 PM   #12 (permalink)

Doesn't look stock. Anything on the back of it?

Quote:
Old 03-21-2014, 07:31 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 24 HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!
HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

I know in Canada they have some extra components in the lighting system to dim the exterior lights for safety, I think it was the precursor to daytime running lights.
HiProfile is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2014, 08:40 PM   #14 (permalink)
Meat Popsicle

Rep Power: 28 Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiProfile View Post
I know in Canada they have some extra components in the lighting system to dim the exterior lights for safety, I think it was the precursor to daytime running lights.
This is what I was thinking as well. Where do the wires run? I don't have that on my USDM 91 CRX Si

R.I.P. Pat Primmer
Paterico is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2014, 06:20 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

JoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

I have torn every single wire out of an 88 USDM CRX SI and HF and never seen that box before.
Old 03-22-2014, 12:26 PM   #16 (permalink)
n00b

I know same here torn apart harnesses from efs n then i come across this bullshit when im trying to tuck my pas side headlight harness. So ill track the wires back n see what i can find.thought i had a virgin cabin/ headlight harness but i guess not eh
Old 03-22-2014, 02:12 PM   #17 (permalink)
n00b

So i traced them to the under dash fuse box in connectors. Not ghetto spliced. It looks factory. The white with red stripe is coming into the black plug on the back of the fuse box. And the other 2 wires are red with green stripe and red with blue stripe they go into a long connector beside the black plug at the back of the fuse box. Im really confused. It all looks factory. But it cant be.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in