Pioneer deck/ipod issue - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Audio/Electronics

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2014, 07:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 32 Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Default Pioneer deck/ipod issue

Hi All,
I installed a Pioneer DEH-P3000IB (was brand new in the box) head unit in my 1994 Civic DX and it works fine as an AM/FM tuner and CD player, haven't checked yet but I presume the front AUX port works, this head unit is supposed to support ipod use via a bus cable (CD-I200) that connects to the back, which I bought and installed as well.

So, when I connect my ipod to the bus cable (not to be confused with the front AUX jack), the head unit switches to ipod input and the display reads "ready". The manual says press the "list" button to enter the ipod menu and use the multicontrol to navigate, simple enough...

The problem is nothing happens after that. Press "list" and nothing happens, move the multicontrol up down left right and nothing happens. Turn it and it adjusts the volume, press it and it takes you to the menu to adjust bass, fader, eq, etc...but does not do a damn thing with the ipod. Press ANY other button on the faceplate and nothing happens. Thought the issue might have been that I was trying to do this with my retired iphone but I tried it again with an ipod nano, same result. Software is up to date, actually restored both devices to factory settings and freshly loaded music on them.

Besides getting a real mp3 player, any suggestions? I'm not hung up on apple products, actually kind of hate them, but I would like to purpose them for something instead of throwing them in the junk drawer...

Thanks in advance for any input...

Function > Form

RTFM!!!

Last edited by Cali Noob; 03-01-2014 at 07:18 PM.
Cali Noob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2014, 07:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

i have a drive and play. Its a FM devices that sends the ipod of it.

I know its old but it also says in the book that it only works with ipods with the scroll wheel.

Did it say anything like that in your book?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. RIP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2014, 08:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 32 Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

It does say ipod and ipod nano hence my concern that my retired phone might not be compatible, more of an ipod touch. But I did try it again with a standard nano with the control wheel, still no result

Function > Form

RTFM!!!

Old 03-01-2014, 10:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 25 all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!
all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 19 reviews

What generation is your iPod? Pioneer says works with 3rd gen and newer.

RIP SFC Dwayne Torres "Brother in arms"
RIP CALI NOOB
all_rice is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2014, 10:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

3rd gen nano, the short wide one with the biggish screen, also have an iphone 4 (non S) for the cdma network (verizon)

Function > Form

RTFM!!!
Old 03-02-2014, 08:16 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 6 Slo Mini me will become famous soon enoughSlo Mini me will become famous soon enoughSlo Mini me will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Its a new console. Sometimes if you turn off your deck there will be presets to turn off and on accessories. That are not available while the unit is on. Hmmm also if it does not work (although it is fun to thumb thru your controls thru a remote) You might just have to use the aux port. Did it come with the cords or did you buy em off ebay.

Last edited by Slo Mini me; 03-02-2014 at 08:30 AM.
Slo Mini me is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2014, 08:37 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 6 Slo Mini me will become famous soon enoughSlo Mini me will become famous soon enoughSlo Mini me will become famous soon enough

It could be the unit. Take it to a Car stereo shop they should be able to tinker with it and get it going easily. And if they cant it is the stereo. However it could be the pigtail.
Old 03-02-2014, 09:21 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Bought the cable off Amazon, not original Pioneer, but not completely generic either. Also tried the remote thing, lol, that was the first thing I tried...although I did not try the remote with the nano, which maybe merits a follow up.

I did go for a drive this morning, confirmed the AUX port functions fine, so the only issue is, ironically, the issue I reeeeeealy care about, which is to get the ipod function working. Plan was to put 16GB of music on my old phone, tape or otherwise affix it somewhere up inside the dashboard so I never have to see it again (and the local meth head thieves never see it either), and ditch the cd organizer I carry on the sun visor, go 100% digital with the music and interface with it via the head unit. If I can't resolve this issue, I am definitely going to get a head unit that uses USB memory instead of a piece of shit ipod. They used to offer a USB adapter (CD-UB100) for this head unit, but it cost like $70 when it was available, expensive and another piece of hardware I'd have to install, another cable, not worth it. Get a deck that the USB plugs right into the face is what I'm thinking

At least this head unit was sort of free, my brother in law gave it to me for helping him and my sister move, I'm not out much if I have to ditch it...coming soon to a for sale thread? Cheap? lolz

Function > Form

RTFM!!!
Old 03-02-2014, 11:25 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Noob View Post
Bought the cable off Amazon, not original Pioneer, but not completely generic either. Also tried the remote thing, lol, that was the first thing I tried...although I did not try the remote with the nano, which maybe merits a follow up.

I did go for a drive this morning, confirmed the AUX port functions fine, so the only issue is, ironically, the issue I reeeeeealy care about, which is to get the ipod function working. Plan was to put 16GB of music on my old phone, tape or otherwise affix it somewhere up inside the dashboard so I never have to see it again (and the local meth head thieves never see it either), and ditch the cd organizer I carry on the sun visor, go 100% digital with the music and interface with it via the head unit. If I can't resolve this issue, I am definitely going to get a head unit that uses USB memory instead of a piece of shit ipod. They used to offer a USB adapter (CD-UB100) for this head unit, but it cost like $70 when it was available, expensive and another piece of hardware I'd have to install, another cable, not worth it. Get a deck that the USB plugs right into the face is what I'm thinking

At least this head unit was sort of free, my brother in law gave it to me for helping him and my sister move, I'm not out much if I have to ditch it...coming soon to a for sale thread? Cheap? lolz
Ok let me be honest with you......If you want to get more bang for your buck. Look to ebay for older models that were considered to be the apex at the time when they were brought out. My dual Din Avic-D3. Was a 1000 dollar unit back in the day 06-07 they still actively sell for 200-450 used ebay. Take a look at Alpine CDA line Receivers or head units amazing 9835 ran flagship for years. Plus the US of AI-Net was amazing. The Alpine CDA 7995 was tank of built in tech Pre out Only Deck (Meaning you have to amplify your inner speakers but every single one was adjustable with the deck and if I remember it even had built in controller for IPOD and So on. However Alpines are in depth (Can be daunting) to adjust however once you figure them out you will never look at anything else. I am a Solid alpine fan. However as stated I do love my pioneer. At the time it was the best in the line of Pioneer. Steer Clear of the Alpine CDE line. Take a look for Alpine CDA 9856-9835 and just for laughs if you can find it take a look at there competition Deck that one I told you about CDA 7995. Old school Amazing.

Last edited by Slo Mini me; 03-02-2014 at 11:28 AM.
Old 03-02-2014, 11:40 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

I tend to shy away from buying used, don't want to pay good money for other peoples junk lol. I'd buy hard parts used or something like this from a friend or dso member I trusted, I wouldn't buy sensitive electronics used from some random guy on ebay though. Case in point, my used fog lights, install them, hook the harness up correctly, and bammo, nothing (waiting for the weather to clear before I resume that project). I wish I could have paid a little bit more for a brand new set of those lights, much less of a pain in my ass if you know what I mean

Function > Form

RTFM!!!
Old 03-02-2014, 04:36 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series lover

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Noob View Post
I tend to shy away from buying used, don't want to pay good money for other peoples junk lol. I'd buy hard parts used or something like this from a friend or dso member I trusted, I wouldn't buy sensitive electronics used from some random guy on ebay though. Case in point, my used fog lights, install them, hook the harness up correctly, and bammo, nothing (waiting for the weather to clear before I resume that project). I wish I could have paid a little bit more for a brand new set of those lights, much less of a pain in my ass if you know what I mean
Look at the Rep before you buy. I was an Ebayer power seller for years till the fees became to high. They are required to tell u issues all the way thru and you are covered thru ebay. I as well have also bought many used head units from ebay all of which worked great. Pics a re a big thing if they are really happy with what they are selling the more they will post and if they don't allow for finer pin point view like the zoom option then they might be (not always) hiding somthing. What I usually asked when dealing with used decks was. If you could change the deck in 1 way what would it be. And if there is anything wrong that is not stated they will tell you here. Plus by asking them that you have your case. If there is anything wrong with it. Go alpine bro. They are built solid. Also the pull out face DVDs alpine IVA series decks are awesome single din DVD all inclusive decks. If you have questions about head units. I have personnaly installed 50 plus head units in my life time. I build awesome stereo systems. I have hit 136 decibels with 2 10s on a 400 watt mono block amp running O guage plumed and wired amp install kit. You could dam near jump start a leer jet with that stuff..lol But yea if you have questions shoot me a text.

Last edited by Slo Mini me; 03-02-2014 at 04:42 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in