Is it possible to make a plug and play resistor box for 92-95 Civic - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Audio/Electronics

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2014, 04:24 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 18 Boricuanolgy is hot as a volcanoBoricuanolgy is hot as a volcano
Boricuanolgy is hot as a volcanoBoricuanolgy is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 19 reviews
Default Is it possible to make a plug and play resistor box for 92-95 Civic

Hi guys, don't know if this have been cover already but all I find is information about a plug and play resistor box to be used on an EK 96-2000 Civic.

Civic EG :: View topic - DIY: Resistor Box Install w/o cutting wires
Complete DIY Plug and Play OBD2 Civic Resistor Box Write-up EJ6 EJ7 EJ8 EM1 EG1 EG2 EH6 - Honda-Tech
Clean and SOLDERLESS Resistor Box Install (looks stock) - Honda-Tech
hhttp://repo.jackmoves.com/v/erik/album53/album96/album129/album153/ttp://http://nzhondas.com/hybrid/140287-wiring-resistor-box-pack-eg-use-low-impedance-injectors.htmlwww.c-speedr.com/howto/resistorboxwiring/resistor_box_wiring.php

Some of link that I checked besides the ones from DSO. What I would like to do , if possible, is to plug a resistor box to the dead end plug on my 92 Civic, so that I can use my 1000cc injectors (obviously I will need tuning for this) but If I decide to go back to completely stock, all I have to do is unplug the resistor box, put back the white screen, and then put back the plastic cap back on the the dead end plug and I'm done.

I REALLY DON'T WANT TO CUT my oem harness at all if possible, all the cutting will be done at the resistor box. . I already did my testing for continuity and know which wires are for the injectors at my dead end, I heard that a plug from a alternator will work but I wanted to find out from you guys if this is possible.

Thanks in advance!!!
Boricuanolgy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2014, 06:46 AM   #2 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

slowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slowturbocx

I made mine from an old distributor plug. 92 hatch though.
Old 02-14-2014, 12:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to The_Acid_Beaver

Stop running old, crappy injectors and use proper new injectors from Injector Nation.

Once you do that, you won't have to bother with anything silly.

To answer your direct question, yes, it is exceedingly easy to make a plug and play injector resistor harness. It will require some depinning skills and a matching male and female connector set.

I don't give a damn about my bad reputation.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The_Acid_Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2014, 10:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 18 Boricuanolgy is hot as a volcanoBoricuanolgy is hot as a volcano
Boricuanolgy is hot as a volcanoBoricuanolgy is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 19 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Acid_Beaver View Post
To answer your direct question, yes, it is exceedingly easy to make a plug and play injector resistor harness. It will require some depinning skills and a matching male and female connector set.
Acid B, so I have to get a female and male plug to be able to do this, new plugs all together you mean?

I won't be able to used the dead end as the female plug and then find a male plug for it?

By depinning you mean to do it for all the wires going into the dead end plug?

thank you guys, please keep it coming.
Boricuanolgy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2014, 06:01 AM   #5 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to The_Acid_Beaver

No. You just have to match the plugs. Honestly, the easiest way to do this is go to a junk yard and get a resistor box and depin the engine harness side. Go back to your car, depin the dead plug. Insert the wires from your harness into the plug and now you have a completely reversible resistor box installed.

I still say don't run old, crappy injectors, though.

I don't give a damn about my bad reputation.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

The_Acid_Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2014, 08:04 AM   #6 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 22 HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!
HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to HondaDNA

I'm with Beav but if this was 2002 I would use a 8 pin distributor plug (you'll probably have cut and solder the resister box wires to the distributor plug leads as I doubt the pins are the same size on the resister box).

Quote:
Funny enough, Honda did a writeup on how to do that because it is one if the most difficult things to do to...
HondaDNA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2014, 08:09 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 30 2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 49 reviews

PM me for obd1,obd2 & k-series tucked harnesses

all so do vtec sub-harness

MAGIC-WIRES FOR YOUR ENGINE HARNESS NEEDS

instagram @magicman9won4
2jzdreamin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in