Android tablet as gauge cluster - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Audio/Electronics

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2014, 08:01 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 9 reviews
Default Android tablet as gauge cluster

So I been thinking of using a tablet as a gauge cluster. Seems that this would be easy if the car was obd1 as you can use a obd2 bluethooth adaptor and call it a day.

Any easy way to link this to anything obd1?

Jswap 4dr
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Boost 4dr
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Twin scrol

F2B
turboprelude95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2014, 08:14 AM   #2 (permalink)
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11

Rep Power: 28 shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to shoebox_civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboprelude95 View Post
So I been thinking of using a tablet as a gauge cluster. Seems that this would be easy if the car was obd1 as you can use a obd2 bluethooth adaptor and call it a day.

Any easy way to link this to anything obd1?
there was some guy who wrote software that could read CROME DL and I think neptune DL protocols, I lost the link though.

it does exist.
90 Skyline GT-R - HKS Drager exhaust, RSR downpipe, metal wheel turbos
shoebox_civic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2014, 08:14 AM   #3 (permalink)

Rep Power: 28 shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....

actually a quick google brought it up

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...alogdemo&hl=en

Crome or eCTune only :\

Old 02-06-2014, 08:17 AM   #4 (permalink)
Retired From Hondas

Rep Power: 37 Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

I doubt there will neptune protocols for a tablet as they have their RD1 already.

I wish they still had the 1st gen tunervisions.
People try so hard to be unique, they lose their sense of style

Esotericimage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2014, 08:20 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....turboprelude95 Still a JDM Star....

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoebox_civic View Post
actually a quick google brought it up

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...alogdemo&hl=en

Crome or eCTune only :\
Thats amazing!

Jswap 4dr

Boost 4dr

Twin scrol

F2B
Old 02-06-2014, 08:29 AM   #6 (permalink)

yeah, once I do my OBD2a - OBD1 conversion on the del sol I plan on finding a way to use my old nook color tab to use that software
Old 02-06-2014, 10:17 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

TTL- Bluetooth adapter for the Honda Datalog application » Linszter.net

This is the ttl adapter thats needed. Also found a local place with 7" tablets for $50

Jswap 4dr

Boost 4dr

Twin scrol

F2B
Old 02-06-2014, 10:24 AM   #8 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboprelude95 View Post
TTL- Bluetooth adapter for the Honda Datalog application Linszter.net

This is the ttl adapter thats needed. Also found a local place with 7" tablets for $50
HondaRulez Bluetooth for Linszter Datalog
-SK- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2014, 10:39 AM   #9 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 22 HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!
HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to HondaDNA

Look in the upper left! Coming soon..

Quote:
Funny enough, Honda did a writeup on how to do that because it is one if the most difficult things to do to...

Last edited by HondaDNA; 02-06-2014 at 10:49 AM.
HondaDNA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2014, 10:40 AM   #10 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 22 HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!
HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to HondaDNA

Quote:
Originally Posted by -SK- View Post
I can't give you any rep

Thanks so much for making this app!

Quote:
Funny enough, Honda did a writeup on how to do that because it is one if the most difficult things to do to...
HondaDNA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2014, 11:26 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

So far pricing everything out is under $100!

Jswap 4dr

Boost 4dr

Twin scrol

F2B
Old 02-06-2014, 11:44 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Jswap 4dr

Boost 4dr

Twin scrol

F2B
Old 02-07-2014, 06:44 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 16 SOHCitTOem is hot as a volcanoSOHCitTOem is hot as a volcano
SOHCitTOem is hot as a volcanoSOHCitTOem is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 20 reviews

Will you be able to make adjustments to the tune from the tablet? Or is it only for displaying data from the CN-2 port?

built single cam.

track tool.
SOHCitTOem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2014, 07:32 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 12 jee-em2 is a name known to alljee-em2 is a name known to alljee-em2 is a name known to alljee-em2 is a name known to alljee-em2 is a name known to alljee-em2 is a name known to alljee-em2 is a name known to alljee-em2 is a name known to alljee-em2 is a name known to all

nothing for the S300?

Quote:
Most Honda "enthusiasts" seem to possess an IQ barely above the level of legal mental retardation.

Current
2003 Civic "Street Edition"
Mugen Pro2 EF8

jee-em2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2014, 08:12 PM   #15 (permalink)
Two men shy of a group

Rep Power: 20 Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!
Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!

Hell ya I have wondered about this for a while, can I read obd codes also?

turbo 99 ex sedan A/C build -

Alicia Aemisegger
Blu3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2014, 08:48 PM   #16 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHCitTOem View Post
Will you be able to make adjustments to the tune from the tablet? Or is it only for displaying data from the CN-2 port?
I'm working on the TunerView app for HRTuning at the moment. Its quite the same as my app, but with more support. Later we want to add tuning feature for Neptune RTP and more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jee-em2 View Post
nothing for the S300?
Coming soon ... and Hondata KPro, Ktuner, Nismotronic, AEM v1/v2...etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu3 View Post
Hell ya I have wondered about this for a while, can I read obd codes also?
In the TunerView app later.
Old 02-07-2014, 09:10 PM   #17 (permalink)
Two men shy of a group

Rep Power: 20 Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!
Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!

So the tunerview will just be another app for android? Sorry I'm a noob with this stuff but its definitely bad ass

Alicia Aemisegger
Old 02-07-2014, 09:21 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 44 99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 32 reviews

There is a way to tap the obd1 oem port to use as turbo is asking, no additional parts inside ecu.... Just need an old honda tech to give up the goods. My shop foreman has 2 such connectors, BUT they cost him 3k a pop. Connectors came with some other bs he didnt need, so he calls them his 3k buck connectors.

99EJ6T is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2014, 09:22 PM   #19 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu3 View Post
So the tunerview will just be another app for android? Sorry I'm a noob with this stuff but its definitely bad ass
Yep, it's a new app, with more support (not just honda) and more customizable to fit to the HRTuning TunerView line.
Here is a short preview of the customizing

Old 02-07-2014, 11:43 PM   #20 (permalink)
Two men shy of a group

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99EJ6T View Post
There is a way to tap the obd1 oem port to use as turbo is asking, no additional parts inside ecu.... Just need an old honda tech to give up the goods. My shop foreman has 2 such connectors, BUT they cost him 3k a pop. Connectors came with some other bs he didnt need, so he calls them his 3k buck connectors.
This probably only works on obd1 cars, not obd2-obd1 converted cars right?

Alicia Aemisegger
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
bluetooth obd1, obd1 datalog bluetooth

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in