92 VX headlight assembly wiring. HELP!!!!!! - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Audio/Electronics

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2014, 06:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 6 Slo Mini me will become famous soon enoughSlo Mini me will become famous soon enoughSlo Mini me will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Default 92 VX headlight assembly wiring. HELP!!!!!!

OK so...As the caption stated. I have a 92 VX with Headlight issues. Marker don't work neither,Blinkers do there are wire mismatched here there and everywhere. I need a Diagram of what the left and right side look like so I can fix the problem.. Pics please or info would be appreciated. Don't you hate it when you buy a car that is more of a Basket case then once realized. luckily for me I am good at wiring.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2014, 06:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 30 2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 49 reviews

best i have...if you need more help let me know...if you can post pics of yours so i can see what your working with..

with the release tab facing up looking at it from the back side the wires are left is blinker(green/yellow),middle is ground(black) and left is(red/black) parking lights...

PM me for obd1,obd2 & k-series tucked harnesses

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

all so do vtec sub-harness

MAGIC-WIRES FOR YOUR ENGINE HARNESS NEEDS

instagram @magicman9won4

Last edited by 2jzdreamin; 01-25-2014 at 06:54 PM.
2jzdreamin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2014, 08:28 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 6 Slo Mini me will become famous soon enoughSlo Mini me will become famous soon enoughSlo Mini me will become famous soon enough

Yea I will do that. My side marker lights aren't working either(The Ambers) they only work for turning signals (Unless that is all they work for and nothing else) however I thought the car had daytime running lights you could switch on (One click below the low beams. The person I bought the car from hard wired the brights in it. Driver and passenger side were hard wired without pigtail.(keep in mind the low beams are unteasted because I didn't know I needed the low beam bulbs) I bought the pigtails for the high beams only. The high beams were hard wired in and nothing else. Now the passenger side High beams (Witch were hard wired and worked don't work after I wired in the pigtails for the bulb. but driverside does (Still keep in mind the low beams are unteasted. So Now only my drivers side hi beams work after the use of the pigtails. They did work before. I think it could be a fuse or (Possibley a bad connection. Ohhh and the passenger side low beams only have a pigtail coming from a lamp assembly. however I cant find the stock plugh for the low beams or where there were. The lowbeams on the drivers side retained stock connection (Functionality unsure until I get the bulbs). I hope this makes sense. I appreciate the help to. For a forum for the time I have been on here. I can only say there are only a handful of peeps really willing to give help and advice for matters at hand. Your help is very much appreciated.

Old 01-26-2014, 08:33 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series lover

You know what. I think it is cool when people get a awesome idea light to make a car more custom. However in my cars case it was started and then hacked. Lots of stuff missing wire hear there. Lower kick panels in the front. Steering wheel cover missing drivers side panel undearneath the dash. Its got a lot of rattle because of everything being taken out molding wise from the interior and the little tabs that hold things in place were broken off. They even put GSR leather front and rear but the rear seat does not fit right at all. Again someone started it. And I am hoping to make it a Mildly turboed mini me.
Old 01-26-2014, 08:35 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 30 2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

my guess for the head light bulbs not working like they should would be its either the bulbs are bad or maybe the switch,but it could all so be the wires that are bad....the best and easiest thng to do would be get a test light and see if the wire for the low beam headlight has power to it with the switch on,if it doesnt have power at the headlight plug test the wire a little down from the plug,keep doing this till you have power..

for the side markers it depends on how they are wired...most side markers are either running lights or blinkers not both at the same time...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

instagram @magicman9won4
Old 01-26-2014, 12:52 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series lover

I thinking about doing a mild wire tuck. Were would be the easiest place to start for a first timer and learning?.

Last edited by Slo Mini me; 01-26-2014 at 01:29 PM.
Slo Mini me is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2014, 01:24 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series G0D

before doing a wire tuck get the lights working right....then we can get into the wire tuck.....

instagram @magicman9won4
Old 01-26-2014, 02:03 PM   #8 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 aznlaoboi315 will become famous soon enoughaznlaoboi315 will become famous soon enoughaznlaoboi315 will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

I second 2j'z suggestion for using a test light. I had to sort through all my wiring when doing my RHD Conversion because the front end was cut off and sold separately. That left me with cut wiring from the shock towers forward.

Super easy just ground the clamping end and probe the suspected wires with the switches turned on. In your case the parking light... it should be pretty easy to narrow down what wire it would be if its connected to a bulb socket..

The high and low beam on EG's share the same connector btw. H4 iirc
2006 Civic Hybrid - Family Grind
aznlaoboi315 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2014, 02:16 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznlaoboi315 View Post

The high and low beam on EG's share the same connector btw. H4 iirc
they do share the same plug....if the ground is not in the right spot the light will kinda work,it will be dim..

instagram @magicman9won4
Old 01-27-2014, 08:26 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series lover

Well its weird like I said (The High and Low beams) I just realized were one and the same. However the weird things is both side work and once side once in a while however they were hard wired. I just need the wiring diagram to know what to do. Also there are another set of bulbs for the the headlighta these are 2 prong plugs bulbs not the main ones which are 3 prong. Cant figure out what these are used for.
Old 03-02-2014, 05:27 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2jzdreamin View Post
before doing a wire tuck get the lights working right....then we can get into the wire tuck.....
Will do I just took out the lights while I am doing the body prep for painting.Since the door sills are white I am thinking white. However I have a soft spot for pacifica blue. I am going to look into a multimeter tomorrow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in