EG VX with Z6 swap???? 5 wire to 4 wire conversion needed? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Audio/Electronics

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2013, 09:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Post EG VX with Z6 swap???? 5 wire to 4 wire conversion needed?

i got oem D15z1 EG VX motor ready to be swapped out with a built d16z6 vitara motor.
The EG harness is oem VX with 5 wire O2 sensor in it and i assume the p28 ecu is only 4 wire ECU p28. manual.
is it necessary that i have to convert the 5 to the 4 wire o2 sensor?

if its needed how do i need to do the wire swap. i already have my 5 wire o2 sensor.
and how about the other VX components do i have to remove them from the harness? the p28 vtec don't have that egr things? can i just leave them out and just do the 5 to 4 wire only?
whats need t orun the z6 motor.
does anybody know if i have to convert this. pls let me know..
thanks...
D-VXEG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2013, 09:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 30 2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 49 reviews

Yes you need to convert it. The p28 ecu can't read the 5 wire o2. You need the 4 wire o2 sensor,the female plug from the harness for the 4 wire o2 sensor.

Can you post pics of the plug on the engine harness for the 5 wire o2 sensor?

PM me for obd1,obd2 & k-series tucked harnesses

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

all so do vtec sub-harness

MAGIC-WIRES FOR YOUR ENGINE HARNESS NEEDS

instagram @magicman9won4
2jzdreamin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2013, 12:54 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2jzdreamin View Post
Yes you need to convert it. The p28 ecu can't read the 5 wire o2. You need the 4 wire o2 sensor,the female plug from the harness for the 4 wire o2 sensor.

i will get a post as soon as i borrow a friends phone.
How will i do the conversion? do i have to splice the ecu harness?
i got a used plug from a used honda that had vtec i just need to make my own wires to connect to the ecu. the problem is that i don't know what wire i have to put to into the ECU harness?

also do i need to cut off any other wires in the harness?
like egr etc? or do i just do the 4 wire conversion.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 12-08-2013, 07:10 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2jzdreamin View Post

ok i finally got the pic. the harness connector is actually 7 wires from the engine harness plug. the 02 sensor harness connector side is online 5 wires? wtf??

i got the pic of the harness, but not the 5 wire o2 sensor. i still have to find it i think i threw it away?

heres the pic
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20131208_060442.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	55442  

Last edited by D-VXEG; 12-08-2013 at 07:15 AM.
Old 12-10-2013, 02:41 AM   #5 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 23 scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!
scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Trust me when i say source out a virgin z6 wire harness....it will plug into your chasis harness and then its just plug and play. The only wires that may need to be ran aare your vtec wires

How to hook up turbo coolant lines

BUILD THREAD

Everyone has a little farmyard in them

scottdh20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2013, 11:59 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

ive already used the old harness i couldn/'t get a ex one. i just extended some wires. like sensors near the dizzy. area.
i got a ry wire sensor conversion kit.
i followed wiring. i looked the wiring color the A side of the pin is the same but the D plug harness colors where different.
i looked the schematic on the vx harness and EX harness schematic diagram the wires of the vx to ex where different colors o2 sensor but i still just used the position they told me to de pin and re pin with the supplied wire.

will that still work?
Old 12-28-2013, 08:33 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series lover

Start it up and check for any codes.

6yrs ago I swapped a z6 with its harness into my vx with original chassis harness. 1 code came up everytime I would downshift for the 02 sensor. I chased the wires and found 1 wire did not go all the way to the ecu. It was on the extra plug that was not used. I de-pinned and repined to another plug. Never had the same problem again after that.

Maybe you have to do something similar to what I did but with the original harness on the motor.
jmaze is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in