Plug pre-attached to LC-1 wideband? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Audio/Electronics

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2013, 04:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
Meat Popsicle

Rep Power: 28 Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Default Plug pre-attached to LC-1 wideband?

Bought this new from a guy on clubrsx a about 3 years ago, just getting around to installing. The LC-1 instructions say it'll have 7 bare wires but it already has a plug attached to said 7 wires with a LED and push button installed.

Any idea about this plug? The LC-1 was purchased from moates in late 2006

Just wanna make sure I'm ok to cut it off to install in my car

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

R.I.P. Pat Primmer
Paterico is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2013, 05:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 16 reviews

That's just a plug someone added to it. You are okay to cut it off.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
snm95ls is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2013, 05:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 30 2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 49 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by snm95ls View Post
That's just a plug someone added to it. You are okay to cut it off.

PM me for obd1,obd2 & k-series tucked harnesses

all so do vtec sub-harness

MAGIC-WIRES FOR YOUR ENGINE HARNESS NEEDS

instagram @magicman9won4
2jzdreamin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2013, 05:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
Meat Popsicle

Rep Power: 28 Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Thanks gents. Figured it was but didn't know if there was some kind of common plug to allow you to easily disconnect the wideband

R.I.P. Pat Primmer
Old 10-24-2013, 06:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 16 reviews

Well, it looks like a pretty standard Molex connector, so if you wanted to make it plug and play you would just need the correct mating connector.

They aren't the best if you will be repeatedly connecting and disconnecting them though.

snm95ls is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2013, 08:38 AM   #6 (permalink)
Meat Popsicle

Thanks guys.

So I'm going to run the power from the accessory spade terminal on the fuse box and the main grounds from the dash ground wire.

Any thoughts on where to run the blue isolated ground wire to? I would prefer not to tap into any harness wires but I'm not aware of any other ground bolts under the dash.

I could have sworn there was a wideband installation post but I've searched up and down here and on crxcommunity and can't find it. I was thinking about running it to the thermostat ground but wanted to keep the wiring under the dash if possible

R.I.P. Pat Primmer
Old 10-25-2013, 09:08 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

007 is hot as a volcano007 is hot as a volcano007 is hot as a volcano007 is hot as a volcano007 is hot as a volcano007 is hot as a volcano007 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

run all LC1 grounds to your ECU ground, ie. on the thermostat.
Old 10-25-2013, 10:37 AM   #8 (permalink)
Meat Popsicle

Edit: Thanks, got it.

Read the quick start guide last night, the full directions are much better

" The BEST grounding scheme is all grounds(i.e., ECU, Gauges, LC1 heater, LC1system, etc.) SOLDERED into a single lug and bolted to the engine block. "

R.I.P. Pat Primmer

Last edited by Paterico; 10-25-2013 at 10:53 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in